Gallia Academy 53 Fairland 35

Mike
Waterboy

Re: Fairland (3-2) @ Gallia Academy (4-1)

Post by Mike »

svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:00 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:37 pm Another easy game for Gallipolis. There’s a reason Gallipolis went to this conference and dropped Jackson next year, folks. Makes winning much easier.
Gallipolis 35-7
Gallipolis did not drop Jackson. Jackson dropped Gallia academy if Gallia academy was looking for a easier game they would not of chose to play Point Pleasant in week 3 starting next year.

Coach hall stood outside the locker room on memorial field and went on like a 5 minute tangent about how they would never resign a contract with Gallia academy while he was the coach.

You can ask like any of the 50 people that were in line for. Athroom or waiting for boys to come down stairs..
Just checked out the Point Pleasant roster. Funny how Gallipolis waited to renew this game on the year when it appears PP looses their QB, most of their OL and DL, best receivers, and half the rest of their team.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:47 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:39 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:23 pm

Actually, Jackson refuses to play the game anymore as long as GA plays at Memorial Field. Guess they only want to play on turf. They ended just in time as the series was getting ready to turn back in favor to a long string of losses for the Ironmen. Funny how you people forget when the Devils absolutely owned the Ironmen, even when they had teams that were supposedly down. Hall saw the writing on the wall that the dynasty is slowly returning. Unfortunately for the Devils, Ironton is in the OVC to deal with year after year and they seem to be turning the corner to a very strong program as well.

This post is lovely you really break my heart! Just not the same. it’s not right! Spoken by a true blue turd. Was so sweet to go out with the win proves our dominance.
Dude you need to chill out and be respectful. Consider this a verbal warning.
Really I would delete turd if I could! Guess banter off limits it was friendly and light hearted too I have said tons of good stuff about this great gallia team. I am so sorry if my graphic language has offended anyone! Sorry orange and brown. I will take my ball and go home now. No banter anymore!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Mike wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:37 pm Another easy game for Gallipolis. There’s a reason Gallipolis went to this conference and dropped Jackson next year, folks. Makes winning much easier.
Gallipolis 35-7
Actually, Jackson refuses to play the game anymore as long as GA plays at Memorial Field. Guess they only want to play on turf. They ended just in time as the series was getting ready to turn back in favor to a long string of losses for the Ironmen. Funny how you people forget when the Devils absolutely owned the Ironmen, even when they had teams that were supposedly down. Hall saw the writing on the wall that the dynasty is slowly returning. Unfortunately for the Devils, Ironton is in the OVC to deal with year after year and they seem to be turning the corner to a very strong program as well.
That is a big bunch of crap. Jackson does play on other grass fields, although none are half as bad as that sewage pit that you call a football field. Hall would love to play Gallipolis every year, so clearly you are a little confused.
And if you think the dynasty is turning little gallipolis’ direction, I think you’d better think again.
No this is a fact. Jackson is refusing to renew. They really do not want to come to Memorial Field. You clearly get hurt feelings easily. Do you need a hug?

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:05 pm
Ema wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:15 pm Who cares about the past or Jackson game. This is about Fairland and GA. Interesting game on paper, the run the heavy GA team and high flying passing game of Fairland. Can the Devils handle the passing game? They have the athletes to match up but can they be disciplined to not give up the big play? I'll take the run game and the improved defense of GA
The only true passing team blue devils have faced was meigs in the opener. The pass defense was not great that night. But we will see. People crack me up with the Gallia speedsters. Yes we have a few kids with speed. But asked the teams that have played us we are very much a team of power runners.
Agreed. Only caught a few games so far. Pullens/Campbell/McCllelend. Then Armstrong with the speed outside

Stonewall89
Waterboy

Post by Stonewall89 »

Galia county 45 fairland 12

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:40 pm
Mike wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm

That is a big bunch of crap. Jackson does play on other grass fields, although none are half as bad as that sewage pit that you call a football field. Hall would love to play Gallipolis every year, so clearly you are a little confused.
And if you think the dynasty is turning little gallipolis’ direction, I think you’d better think again.
No this is a fact. Jackson is refusing to renew. They really do not want to come to Memorial Field. You clearly get hurt feelings easily. Do you need a hug?
No hurt feelings at all, but you clearly are mistaken. Best wishes on your season though. I am glad for your fans to now have an improved team. Every town needs a football team to cheer on on Friday nights.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

“Gallia Academy doesn’t want to mess with a new stadium until they can do one better than Jackson’s.”

I’ve heard this multiple times and the envy is cute. I can’t see Gallia beating Jackson in the next 7 years but I guess you never know.

Gallia has a good team but Jackson should be really good for the next many years. If we were afraid of Gallia we sure in the hell wouldn’t be playing Burg every year.

Shamrocks 5263
Waterboy

Post by Shamrocks 5263 »

I have no dog in the fight. I hope Gallipolis can pull it off. But I don’t think it’s going to be as easy as some on here think.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:11 pm “Gallia Academy doesn’t want to mess with a new stadium until they can do one better than Jackson’s.”

I’ve heard this multiple times and the envy is cute. I can’t see Gallia beating Jackson in the next 7 years but I guess you never know.

Gallia has a good team but Jackson should be really good for the next many years. If we were afraid of Gallia we sure in the hell wouldn’t be playing Burg every year.
This isn’t the thread for this but you can go online the proposed stadium is no where the size of Jackson. And the proposed cost is way less then Jackson’s was to build all these years later. There is no stadium yet because 2 major sponsors of stadium went a away. When you have 1.5 million of your proposed stadium not come through. It sort of leaves you hanging.

By the way I am talking about bob Evans who when they closed sausage plant and basically abandoned county that money went away. Then the Holzer financial crisis has made them pull way back on the proposed amount.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don’t know if this game will be easy or hard. I will say it is a new and different talent and we will see how the devils react to it.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

getting back to the game at hand. Fairland does have nice skill guys QB is solid and has a core of receivers that can flat out catch the ball. This team, no matter what they are down, can not be overlooked. A quick strike is possible with Fairland from the opening whistle. Old memorial, as distasteful as it is for some, is going to be a mess on Friday. Fairland will be ready for those field conditions( because they don’t have their nose in the air looking down on all the common folk) since their game field is natural turf also. The mud is still the mud the speedsters are going to hate it and the hogs should love it. Dirtiest uniform worked the hardest. Gallipolis should be able to win this game. It won’t be a cake walk Fairland brings quality kids and a good coach. Should be a great game.

Go Blue.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

All the rain the mud will be terrible!

Buckeye2018
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2018 »

Real football will be played in the mud woody hayes style "3 yards and a cloud of dust offense"

Gallia academy 41 fairland 18

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:11 pm “Gallia Academy doesn’t want to mess with a new stadium until they can do one better than Jackson’s.”

This isn’t the thread for this but you can go online the proposed stadium is no where the size of Jackson. And the proposed cost is way less then Jackson’s was to build all these years later. There is no stadium yet because 2 major sponsors of stadium went a away. When you have 1.5 million of your proposed stadium not come through. It sort of leaves you hanging.

By the way I am talking about bob Evans who when they closed sausage plant and basically abandoned county that money went away. Then the Holzer financial crisis has made them pull way back on the proposed amount.
From conversations I have heard, that is incorrect. The primary pull back was from the Eastman family (food land/piggly wiggly). From visiting the Gallipolis school, the only major need to finish a stadium would be bleachers. And possibly locker room/bathroom/ concession. The field and track are already in place.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Mike wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:51 pm
svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 pm

From conversations I have heard, that is incorrect. The primary pull back was from the Eastman family (food land/piggly wiggly). From visiting the Gallipolis school, the only major need to finish a stadium would be bleachers. And possibly locker room/bathroom/ concession. The field and track are already in place.
How much money would you like the Eastman’s to donate. Between the soccer field, tennis courts, baseball, softball fields the track. They have donated well over $1 million.

Should one family or business be responsible for everything. They also have put money toward the field but they have done way more then there share.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

But getting back to game. I think field conditions will neutralize any advantage either team has. And this will become a battle of just who wants it more. I would now accpect this game to be really low scoring. If you score 14 points that may be enough

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Mud the key ! Best running game and turn overs will key in?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I could be wrong but I think it will be easier to pass then run on this field. Mud I agree best running game wins I don’t believe this will be mud I believe this will be a field no one can get a push off with. Because the field will just give way. Not that it will be muddy slick where heavy solid people have a better foundation. So size and power will not be a advantage being in the clear and then staying upright will be key.

But that is just a guess I might be 100% wrong.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:08 pm I could be wrong but I think it will be easier to pass then run on this field. Mud I agree best running game wins I don’t believe this will be mud I believe this will be a field no one can get a push off with. Because the field will just give way. Not that it will be muddy slick where heavy solid people have a better foundation. So size and power will not be a advantage being in the clear and then staying upright will be key.

But that is just a guess I might be 100% wrong.
You may be correct passing may be the key to this game. The receivers know when to cut and the db’s play catch-up. Straight up and down running can also win on this field. The already mentioned 3 yards and a cloud of dust plan can work here. Gallipolis has the backs and the line to get that done.

In the end I think this will be a close game field conditions will take a toll on both sides.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

GA 20-7

GA keeps rolling. Should be undefeated

Return to “Football”