Region 20 D5

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Region 20 D5

Post by buckeyenation »

If West, Minford, Portsmouth, And Burg win this week who makes the region 20 playoffs out of the 4? :evil:

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Re: Region 20 D5

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

BURG and West

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

west minford and burg. but im not a points guy nor know how to do them. i just see portsmouth losing atleast 3 more..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

buckeyenation wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:53 pm If West, Minford, Portsmouth, And Burg win this week who makes the region 20 playoffs out of the 4? :evil:
Still way to many games to decide that but a win this week for each team would really put West, Ptown and Burg in the drivers seat for the playoffs. Minford has to many big games left to decide their fate a win this week doesn't get Minford any more comfortable with Waverly, burg and West still left to play and Oak Hill being the only team really getting them anything at the moment, I do think NY will start to help them out after this week and they'll finish 4-6, 5-5 probably.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 pm west minford and burg. but im not a points guy nor know how to do them. i just see portsmouth losing atleast 3 more..
Unless Jackson was just having an off game I think the Gallia game for Ptown is really going to tell us who they are. I mean you look at the fact they went toe to toe with West and lost 13-0 is very good but if I remember right they didn't produce very much offense that game. So Gallia with a good defense will be the deciding factor on where I see Ptown a this year. Hearing they don't have much of a passing game which is tough against some of these other teams that will be able to take Parker out of the game from a design standpoint.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:27 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 pm west minford and burg. but im not a points guy nor know how to do them. i just see portsmouth losing atleast 3 more..
Unless Jackson was just having an off game I think the Gallia game for Ptown is really going to tell us who they are. I mean you look at the fact they went toe to toe with West and lost 13-0 is very good but if I remember right they didn't produce very much offense that game. So Gallia with a good defense will be the deciding factor on where I see Ptown a this year. Hearing they don't have much of a passing game which is tough against some of these other teams that will be able to take Parker out of the game from a design standpoint.
I could be bery wrong. but i see them losing to gallia,coal grove, and maybe fairland

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Very big week in southern Ohio for high school football. I’d like to see all 4 make it and play each other in first round. Burg should beat Jackson, Minford should have an easy win, Portsmouth will have a tough test and I agree they need to get the qb more involved, and West will be a great game also, if they can get the line moving for Hurd they are gonna be tough to beat with that stingy D

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:29 pm
I could be bery wrong. but i see them losing to gallia,coal grove, and maybe fairland
Well I honestly I don't know how good coal grove is so I'm thinking that's a winnable game as is fairland. CG lost a lot off that team last year, they're 3-1 but let's be real their wins have come against opponents who are a combined 1-11.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:57 pm

Well I honestly I don't know how good coal grove is so I'm thinking that's a winnable game as is fairland. CG lost a lot off that team last year, they're 3-1 but let's be real their wins have come against opponents who are a combined 1-11.
not arguing that for a second. like i said them are just the potential loses i see

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:59 pm

not arguing that for a second. like i said them are just the potential loses i see
Oh yeah I know you're not and those were the 3 games of question in my mind as well. I just think that Gallia is a tough one because of the defense and CG and Fairland could go either way.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:06 pm

Oh yeah I know you're not and those were the 3 games of question in my mind as well. I just think that Gallia is a tough one because of the defense and CG and Fairland could go either way.
You guys are leaving ironton out? I think they’re the toughest game Portsmouth has after this week. I don’t see Minford making it, hell RH should have beat them but then again some teams get better and some don’t.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

buckeyenation wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:27 am

You guys are leaving ironton out? I think they’re the toughest game Portsmouth has after this week. I don’t see Minford making it, hell RH should have beat them but then again some teams get better and some don’t.
Honestly didn't even think about Ironton on that one being that it's week 10, come that time I figure Ptown will be either in or out because if they can get past 2 of those 3 or all 3 even they'll be locked in. If they go into week 10 at 6-3 then I that Ironton game will turn into a must win to have any shot and that's just assuming the other teams around them haven't sealed the deal Because let's face it right now Ptown hasn't gotten a quality win yet and if they can't over next 2 weeks more then likely they'll be toast without a lot of help.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:24 am

Honestly didn't even think about Ironton on that one being that it's week 10, come that time I figure Ptown will be either in or out because if they can get past 2 of those 3 or all 3 even they'll be locked in. If they go into week 10 at 6-3 then I that Ironton game will turn into a must win to have any shot and that's just assuming the other teams around them haven't sealed the deal Because let's face it right now Ptown hasn't gotten a quality win yet and if they can't over next 2 weeks more then likely they'll be toast without a lot of help.
Couldn’t agree more they must win these next two weeks

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think Ironton week 10 will be really hard. 4 of the next 6 games are tough.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:24 am

I read on here last year Portsmouth has beat 1 or 2 teams with a winning record in the past few years. I’d like to know the actual stat. We have zero this year. Hope that changes friday

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

I believe game preparation is the big difference this year. We will see tomorrow but putting the kids in the rt position has been a huge change so far.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Minford will have their chance to prove themselves I think with the way the defense is playing they can surprise west burg and waverly will be different because of the poten air attack and Rock hill game wasn’t in question only reason rock hill scored was fumbles inside minfords 25 and one returned for a score other than that they didn’t move the ball well at all against the falcons.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

The good thing is we'll know a lot more after this week and I think it's great to have 4 teams in question. As of now not one of them standing out from the other either.

Return to “Football”