Chillicothe 7 Logan 6

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Re: Chillicothe (3-1) @ Logan (1-3)

Post by Barber1973 »

Sad thing is the whole program is down. Middle school numbers r down and getting beat pretty badly. I no numbers r down nationally but even biddy ball 5-6 grade way down. Younger kids that look up to the big chiefs seeing them get beat durn near every friday is not good . hard 2 get kids 2 come out if they c a bunch of loosing going on. Back in the day u would c Amyx at a few jr high games and even tomahawk games but these kids 2day dont even no the varsity coach is

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 am
1987chieftains wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:49 am Dale was pretty young when he took over after Perry left. Maybe early 30's.
Dale got the chance to learn on the job. He took some lumps early. But that experience (IMO) laid the foundation for him figuring out how to dominate when he had outstanding talent. Talent alone can't go undefeated four times in ten years. It took a coach who learned a lot of lessons to get those teams to play at such a high level.

Dale's first 8 years:

1990: 2-8
1991 - 7-3
1992 - 6-4
1993 - 6-4
1994 - 7-3
1995 - 2-8
1996 - 3-7
1997 - 4-6

37-43 record.

The class of '97 (1996 senior season) was a really highly rated class that underachieved.
Yep, I remember those yrs. They were some rough at times. Dale and staff kept things simple and worked to his teams strengths. And for the most part won the games Logan was should win.

AT THE RESERVATION
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 am
Chief02 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:34 pm Again, goes back to the AD. I cannot understand for the life of me how seeing a football facility as nice and large as ours being half full (if not less) every Friday is acceptable. “Football pays the bills” as they say. If that’s the case, we are and have been running in the negative. My opinion is Pernod would do a fine job. Sad that our administration is a barrier to this even potentially being an option (in the past or future). We need to stop acting like we are an “Ohio State” type school and realize we are more in line with a “Wisconsin”. We are not a powerhouse and therefore we will not have power coaches lining up to coach here. We need to grow a young coach who has a talent. This takes an AD being able to see the talent when it is in front of them.
If you think the AD is the sole decision maker in hiring and firing of coaches then you don't understand the way the system works. When Logan has hired coaches in the last ten years - at least in the "profile" sports (football, basketball) there has been input from principals, the AD, the superintendent, other coaches, and the school board.

Heck, when Burke was hired there was an entire committee that included Dale Amyx that made the decision.

From what I know of that process, the BIG mistake they made (IMO) was not hiring the coach at Johnstown who applied.

In hindsight, its easy to say they should have hired Penrod. But heck, Gallipolis didn't hire him either and he was on staff there. Luckily for Gallipolis they got a second chance and didn't screw it up. I don't think Logan will get a second chance unfortunately.
My comment was very simplistic in thought. However, if you notice earlier in this thread, I reference the AD and Administration in another comment.

While I may just be a “Waterboy” in the realm of SEO Preps, I have been fully engulfed in this football program as a fan for almost twenty years. Until I had kids, I went to nearly every game home and away. Now I attend only the home games as I have been a season ticket holder since the new high school opened. I have been a follower of this site for a very long time as well and have followed your thorough analysis of the program over the years. I also have a family member who is an AD at a school in an adjoining county.

I say this because I am not simple minded enough to think that it is only the AD that makes these decisions. I KNOW there was a committee involved in finding the new coach. I know that Amyx was involved on the committee. Yes, my opinion too is that they did not get who they should have. However, they cannot change that. What they can change is the ever growing dismal future of our program. It’s not going to be an overnight change. It’s going to take rebuilding the football program from the ground up. This means from the Tomahawk and flag football levels.

A business case analysis is used to predict the outcome of a decision as we know. You can also use it to predict the consequences of not making a decision. I think that if one were done on Logan football and the decline in attendance, consequences, etc., it would be clear that a decision to change needs to be made. If the AD doesn’t make a recommendation to do so, then maybe the Administration should.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

A business case analysis is used to predict the outcome of a decision as we know. You can also use it to predict the consequences of not making a decision. I think that if one were done on Logan football and the decline in attendance, consequences, etc., it would be clear that a decision to change needs to be made. If the AD doesn’t make a recommendation to do so, then maybe the Administration should.
I would hope the Administration would take matters into there own hands and pull the trigger if they feel deemed to do so. At some point the "bottom line" ($$$$$$$), or lose of, has to become a sore talking point.

AT THE RESERVATION
Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Running clock here, Chillicothe big!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Go Purple !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Just noticed that I am a "SEOPS HO ! " ... I suppose it could be worse LOL ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

No running clock this week. Chilli no Sheridan . Playing at home the Chiefs will play better Not predicting a win but an interesting game. I think the effort is there with the players and staff but you have to have some above average skilled players. No Angle or Conrad has stepped forward to get Logan over the hump. As far as coaching I do not have the knowledge of the x&os to comment. Still I do think that some input from the coach is needed in the Flag or tackle league to create enthusiasm in the younger kids . Until this is done alot of kids will play soccer or concentrate on another sport. Good luck to the Chiefs!!!!!

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

As for my opinion on the game.....

38-7 Chillicothe with the easy win.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:02 pm Just noticed that I am a "SEOPS HO ! " ... I suppose it could be worse LOL ...
Just like the airline that misspelled their name on their own plane...you're in rare air pfloyd. Lol

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:00 pm
I say this because I am not simple minded enough to think that it is only the AD that makes these decisions. I KNOW there was a committee involved in finding the new coach. I know that Amyx was involved on the committee. Yes, my opinion too is that they did not get who they should have. However, they cannot change that. What they can change is the ever growing dismal future of our program. It’s not going to be an overnight change. It’s going to take rebuilding the football program from the ground up. This means from the Tomahawk and flag football levels.

Chief -

I probably shouldn’t have quoted your post alone. My comments were directed to the “group” calling out the AD - not just you alone. So my apologies.

My guess is you know who I am - it’s not much of a secret. I would guess we agree on a lot. I will always support the program and will always work constructively to see it have success.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:03 pm
Chief02 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Chief -

I probably shouldn’t have quoted your post alone. My comments were directed to the “group” calling out the AD - not just you alone. So my apologies.

My guess is you know who I am - it’s not much of a secret. I would guess we agree on a lot. I will always support the program and will always work constructively to see it have success.
Yes sir, I know exactly who you are. Lol. I was a part of the original “Logan Locos” with you and stormed the field our senior year as we finished our 10-0 season. I think we would agree on a lot as well. The most important thing is we are passionate about a program that we feel is nowhere near the return to its glory days.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Barber1973 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:28 pm As long as logans coach is a yes man the A.D. will keep him
The AD does love her yes men/women. Anybody have a complete coaching list from all sports during her tenure? That’d be something to see.

As far as the game, I think it’ll be closer than a running clock. We have shown improvement on some little things lately. But still a Chilli win.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 pm Yes sir, I know exactly who you are. Lol. I was a part of the original “Logan Locos” with you and stormed the field our senior year as we finished our 10-0 season. I think we would agree on a lot as well. The most important thing is we are passionate about a program that we feel is nowhere near the return to its glory days.
I'll be down next Friday for the Athens game. If you're who I think you are I'll try and find you and say hi. Would love to talk to someone still in town who is outside my own "bubble".

Go Chiefs!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Biggest key for Logan on Friday will be special teams.

Chillicothe has returned four kicks for touchdowns and blocked two punts for safeties.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

These comments from Logan fans look sad and depressing. It is all i ever see on the threads anymore related to Logan.
I feel for you all! :oops:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I don't feel I should comment on Logan football anymore. I will say this program is a shadow of itself from 10 years ago. We can split hairs as to why. Bottom line is the bottom line. I think a committee could be formed to review the situation. Not a town meeting like in Hoosiers but a group of former players, coaches and administrators to ask serious questions. I would say Locos and Amyx could be a part of that discussion but only after the current coach has been dismissed.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 am Biggest key for Logan on Friday will be special teams.

Chillicothe has returned four kicks for touchdowns and blocked two punts for safeties.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yep.... Logan's punting game is ATROCIOUS!! :oops: :oops: :roll:

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Hearing one of Logan's big hitters (Linebacker) will be out with a hand/thumb injury. Maybe out for sometime according to what his dad was telling me. He wasn't for sure yet though.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Chillicothe but closer than expected. 10 point difference.

Return to “Football”