Game recommendations: Week 4 - help me!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Game recommendations: Week 4 - help me!

Post by formerfcfan »

Hello, everyone!

I finally have a Friday completely off this season, and figure that I would take advantage of it by making a mini “road-trip” of it and catch a non-Fairfield County game.

I come here in search of game recommendations. Any good games out there? I’m probably more inclined to attend a game within the area of Chillicothe, Jackson, Athens or Zanesville. But, I’ll consider anything for the most part.

Local restaurants, good watering holes, best routes, lay them on me!

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Re: Game recommendations: Week 4 - help me!

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Fairland @ Waverly—- speed, spred the field, throw the ball—- quick backs—- pts will be scored!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Martins Ferry 3-0 at St. Clairsville 3-0

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I'll prob go Ashland @ Ironton. Should be a good game at the Tank. Come in and hang out

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Keeping with the area you're looking at Fairland @ Waverly has the potential to be quite a shootout. I'm not sure however how many player makers Fairland has but Waverly probably has more team speed then most teams in the area. Martins Ferry and St. Clairsville look good with 3-0 records but MF really hasn't beat anyone. Just depends on your game type, you get the chance to watch one of the powerhouse KY schools in Ashland Blazer. Waverly has a really nice new stadium, and I love to see offenses move up and down the field, they've got a new restaurant everyone is raving about called Beast and Bottle, smoked BBQ joint. 1 of those 3 mentioned would be my choice and I'm not buying into Martins Ferry record yet, so I'd probably hit ironton just to see Ashland Blazer though or Fairland and Waverly I do have a feeling though Waverly wins that game fairly easy. Fairland wants to air it out, Waverly struggles with the run but tough against the pass.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The Burgs coming to Hilliard Darby to take on Watterson but it would be nice to go down south for a road trip if you got all day because if you wanna get out of Fairfield county you're probably already familiar with city life and C-bus.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:26 am The Burgs coming to Hilliard Darby to take on Watterson but it would be nice to go down south for a road trip if you got all day because if you wanna get out of Fairfield county you're probably already familiar with city life and C-bus.
Where exactly is darby hs located

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:54 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:26 am The Burgs coming to Hilliard Darby to take on Watterson but it would be nice to go down south for a road trip if you got all day because if you wanna get out of Fairfield county you're probably already familiar with city life and C-bus.
Where exactly is darby hs located
4200 Leppert Road
Hilliard, OH 43026

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Go see St. Clairsville (3-0) host rival Martins Ferry (3-0). Easy drive on I-70,lots of places to eat.
Plus, no rain forecast.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I would also say Fairland at Waverly.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Fairland at Waverly should be entertaining,

Walk by Faith not by sight.
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Zane Trace at Westfall should be a good game. They seem to be pretty even teams.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

mattash wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:43 am I'll prob go Ashland @ Ironton. Should be a good game at the Tank. Come in and hang out
I will second that.......rivalry......beautiful drive down rt 93 through the national forest.... see the new tiger head coach....plenty of waterin holes in Southern OH and places to foundr on gut fillin food.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

So what did you decide, my friend?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Fairland vs Waverly should be a good one!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:48 pm So what did you decide, my friend?
I’m stuck between Fairland/Waverly, Maysville/New Lex, Logan/Sheridan or Logan Elm/Amanda. New Lex and Amanda both have good chances to go 4-0 under their new coaches, and both “Pit”s are rocking atmospheres. Would like to see Sheridan sometime this year.

I appreciate all the recommendations thus far. MF/St. Clairsville would be a great game for me to go to, but I got very little sleep last night/this morning. I’ve driven late at night on 70 West, coming back from Pens and Pirates games, and I’ve almost lost my marbles mentally with how dark, desolate and long the drive back is that time of night (St C to Zanesville feels like dark, pitch black hell driving through.)

If/when Ironton makes playoffs, I’ll probably catch them then. Mattash, we’ll catch up soon – if not this season, then maybe at the Convo in March!

Return to “Football”