Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Post by Poo Bear »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:16 am
ironman02 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 am The pass on the PI hit the receiver’s hands. It wasn’t uncatchable. He was unable to jump for the ball because the DB had pulled on him just before the ball arrived. Like I said, it could have been let go, but it was technically the right call.

I’m not surprised that two groups of people have seen video of the fumble and have differing opinions. It’s almost like we wanted our respective team to win the game. Neither of those videos are a goal line view though, right? One is from the back of the end zone and the other is from the press box, or am I wrong?
right it's not a goal line view. not way poobear can say 100% or whatever he said that it didn't cross the goal line! cracks me up though. even watching college and pro football you see the play from several angles and then it isn't apparent that the ball cross or didn't cross the goal line until you look at the goal line cam. so without the goal line cam we can't say for certain that it did or didn't........but we can make a pretty good assumption that the ground caused the fumble!! which as we all know....isn't allowed to happen. it would be a dead ball at that point in high school football.

You’re a great poster lol. The qb got rocked and was laying on the 1 yard line . I won’t post on it again , as I just posted what I saw on both camera angles .

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

right it's not a goal line view. not way poobear can say 100% or whatever he said that it didn't cross the goal line! cracks me up though. even watching college and pro football you see the play from several angles and then it isn't apparent that the ball cross or didn't cross the goal line until you look at the goal line cam. so without the goal line cam we can't say for certain that it did or didn't........but we can make a pretty good assumption that the ground caused the fumble!! which as we all know....isn't allowed to happen. it would be a dead ball at that point in high school football.
There was already a Gallia fan on here that said it was clearly a fumble from his view, but he wasn’t sure that the ball hadn’t crossed the plane. All these opinions make me think it was definitely close one way or the other, but there probably isn’t a definitive view that will prove it completely for us.

And svac is basically confirming that PI happened, but then saying it shouldn’t have been called. If a penalty occurs in the first minute or last minute, it’s still a penalty.

We can agree to disagree though. Trust me, I know how frustrating it can be to lose a game like that to your rival, especially since Gallia put together such a great effort. No hard feelings, and good luck the rest of the year. I honestly think 8 or 9 wins is a realistic expectation for the Blue Devils.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:26 am
There was already a Gallia fan on here that said it was clearly a fumble from his view, but he wasn’t sure that the ball hadn’t crossed the plane. All these opinions make me think it was definitely close one way or the other, but there probably isn’t a definitive view that will prove it completely for us.

And svac is basically confirming that PI happened, but then saying it shouldn’t have been called. If a penalty occurs in the first minute or last minute, it’s still a penalty.

We can agree to disagree though. Trust me, I know how frustrating it can be to lose a game like that to your rival, especially since Gallia put together such a great effort. No hard feelings, and good luck the rest of the year. I honestly think 8 or 9 wins is a realistic expectation for the Blue Devils.
Hey, I agree not a good way to rule on that play especially without having the option to review. I don't have any hard feelings towards Jackson!! especially since I already stated that the young men don't get to choose what the refs call. they just played to win and that's okay!! as far the game is concerned its in the past and it's not like we can do anything about it. but good officiating is always a must! and even as you stated there were some calls you didn't like against the Ironmen. the principal with live officiating is that there will be mistakes.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:26 am

Your right 02. I just feel that is the way he covered all night on 3 other catches. Same receiver same basic route only difference was ball was thrown behind receiver so the receiver had to jump back into defender. I thought it should been a no call but it was called and you have to live with that.

But great game and best of luck to jackson rest of way. And the blue devils need to keep workers by hard and every week we should be tough.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson also had a pick 6 that the player makes 99/100 times . They should play this one again at Gallia lol

I was so impressed with Gallia

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:46 am Jackson also had a pick 6 that the player makes 99/100 times . They should play this one again at Gallia lol

I was so impressed with Gallia
Yea Gallia was really lucky there.

That brings back I wondered all game why Jackson didn’t go back to that seem route where kid was wide open pass went off his hands and intercepted I thought they would come back to that.

But I also didn’t understand after that kid jumped that route so hot that why they didn’t fake pump him and go over the top there.

I thought both teams missed a opportunity to go back to those plays.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Glad to see you made it to the game 02, well I wasn't at the game so I have no opinion on the calls in question. I just wish this game could have been played at memorial field where there has never been any controversial calls or bad officiating. ...LOL... sounds like it wasn't a well officiated game,with questionable calls going both ways... this happens quite often in high school games... players and coaches make mistakes and so do officials. When calls go against you late in the game fans get upset and say these questionable calls determine the outcome of game... I don't see it this way, sounds like both teams made a lot of mistakes (penalties and turnovers ) doing the game, just think if your team could have eliminated these mistakes, missed tackles and blocking assignments.. these are things you control and may have contributed to the loss.... just think if our player would have held on to the ball at the goal line , no fumble or controversial call.... Hate to see this series end, been some great games over the years with a few controversial endings....still waiting for 92 to post his quote from years ago....lol...

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Obviously, didn’t like either call at the end of game. But, if Blue Devils stop run on last drive, we win.
Move on.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

svac83 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:21 am Great game. I thought the reffing was horrible. Not because one team or the other got ripped. But they had to conference every time they turned around. And made some poor decisions going both ways.

On last play before half. How on earth can a dead ball personal foul. Give Gallia back the ball after a punt post possession foul. I don’t know what right call was there but should of not been a Gallia untuned play.

On the fumble at goal line. I do not understand. I was standing in other end zone so I have no idea if he got to goal line or not. But no way that the call is correct. The Jackson kidclearly recovers that ball in the end zone. There is no doubt where the recovery took place.
So if it is a fumble it should be a touchback Jackson ball on 20. If not then your call mccellond down at 1 yard line and it is 3rd or 4th and 1 to go. Gallia ball. I don’t understand what you are calling that it is Jackson ball at 1 yard line. Maybe there is some rule I don’t understand but one way or another that was a bad call.

The pass interference at goal line I do not disagree with Jackson fan. Armstrong clearly had his arm on back side early. Here is my problem with that call. Armstrong covered that kid all night. On every play not a inch between them. Kid caught what 3 other balls with zero yards after catch because every time Armstrong had his arm on the backside of him when ball came making the tackle. And no one ever pulled a flag out of pocket. If you were going to call it should of called it all night. It did not impede a chance at a ball that was not going to be caught but technically right call. I just thought it was a poor call to make on a kid that you had not called all the other times he did it.

Finally the no call at goalline on the flag he picked up. Was clearly a illegal procedure on Jackson. The linesman dropped the flag before snap. The Jackson kid went from one hand down in the three point stance to the other one. Happened right in front of me and that official. I mean it was on opposite side of play caused no kid to jump but boy 2 plays after the pass interference call would of been nice to have Jackson back at 8 yard line.

I am sure there were other bad or questionable calls going both ways. From my vantage point those are just ones I saw. My problem is they conferred so many times to do nothing or make a questionable or wrong decision.

All and all I thought fans and players handled themselves well in a closely contested ball game. What a way for series to end. Congratulations Jackson. And good luck the rest of way.
I live in Orlando and listen to several games each Friday. My fighting tigers were rain delayed until 10:38pmish & I was tuned into this one while I waited for the tigers and FairLand. To one previous poster, I miss the old SEOAL days too. I ran track, and was IHS 400m representative in the early 80’s and loved that league final meet! AWESOME STUFF!
I guess it’d be way too much for IHS and Portsmouth to rejoin that tremendous league again, if it ever presented itself possible?!?!
Anyway, the Gallia/Jackson was a great game to listen to. I had both iPhones going in case IHS started up and I was shocked at The lack of explanation on the goal line fumble call.
I, also, am noticing uncharacteristic long huddled ref delays on calls this year. I listened to a couple games last week too and it happened! Not sure if it’s a directive by ohsaa.

Gallia sounds awesome, & it sounds like they will be a solid top Contender for OVC rights. Jackson is always solid! What a rivalry that is good to listen to again! It does get the energy in the cities going, as I’ve read on this post and that’s great to hear. With the coaching change at Ironton, I know School spirit is up and all kids sports are having higher numberS!
This is a great sign! Many SE teams are having better starts, and that’s good with my soul.
I just wanted to wish you’re schools the best of luck this season! Stay healthy!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After reading how the fans from both schools saw the fumble at the goal line in an entirely different way, plus the PI call in the end zone, I can understand how the Gallia fans are so upset. If the outcome would have ended in favor of Gallia, you can be assured the Jackson fans would have been the same and probably even worse. I haven't seen the Video and really does it matter now anyway? Both teams left it all on the field. Im not in anyway saying how the Refs called the game , good or bad. Just mayby the same calls if the game had been at Gallia , may have been called a different way?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

superblue wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:01 am Glad to see you made it to the game 02, well I wasn't at the game so I have no opinion on the calls in question. I just wish this game could have been played at memorial field where there has never been any controversial calls or bad officiating. ...LOL... sounds like it wasn't a well officiated game,with questionable calls going both ways... this happens quite often in high school games... players and coaches make mistakes and so do officials. When calls go against you late in the game fans get upset and say these questionable calls determine the outcome of game... I don't see it this way, sounds like both teams made a lot of mistakes (penalties and turnovers ) doing the game, just think if your team could have eliminated these mistakes, missed tackles and blocking assignments.. these are things you control and may have contributed to the loss.... just think if our player would have held on to the ball at the goal line , no fumble or controversial call.... Hate to see this series end, been some great games over the years with a few controversial endings....still waiting for 92 to post his quote from years ago....lol...
Meh...I’ll just take the W, a W that had to feel like several of the Gallia W’s against us.

“Jayme Haggerty will have 3x the high school career as Jared Humphreys” ....BB69

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

After watchig the video you can’t get a good view of the fumble. All I know from the live view I had is if he wasn’t across the line It was a fumble film is inconclusive. as I said before got to go with the refs call he had the best view. The video for the pi is different that was the incorrect call, but again them is the breaks of a live football call. Great competitive game everything it should be. good luck Jackson. And go blue.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sounds like a great game to have taken in.
Did not think it would be this close, but I know little.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Tip of the cap to the Ironmen on a hard fought win. Best of luck the rest of the way. Go Blue

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

whether you were on the winning side or the losing side of this The players and coaches should understand. Officials will make mistakes. Do what you need to do throughout the game to ensure that a mistake by an official cant cost you the game.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I don't care about the calls no one can say for certain that they changed the game. But what i saw was two great teams playing there guts out. Gallia was very impressive and should do well in there region. good luck to them.

Return to “Football”