Gallia Academy 46 River Valley 0

bballfan
Waterboy

Re: WK2 0-1 River Valley @ 1-0 Gallia Academy

Post by bballfan »

Prep Expert wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:37 pm I guess at least it’s good river valley is in the TVC Ohio. They might not win a game in the OVC this year.
At least they play SG. But even that is not a guarantee win

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

bballfan wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:03 pm Prep Expert- RV has struggled. No doubt but they will get back on track. I’m going on the record to say they beat GA next year. Take Campbell away and GA is a 2 win team
Totally disagree. They will have question mark as how to replace McClelland at QB, but they will still be very strong everywhere else. Armstrong is a sophomore for goodness sakes. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Future seems very bright at Gallia. I think the jr high team is undefeated. I also heard the Jv team scored 50 on meigs on Monday. Looks like things are going in the right direction at Gallia

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Penrod is a great coach!! he will find a QB replacement you can bet on that!!

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

GA picked a great time to bring back Pinrod. Future so bright his shades can actually “help”
Last edited by bballfan on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:42 pm
bballfan wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:03 pm Prep Expert- RV has struggled. No doubt but they will get back on track. I’m going on the record to say they beat GA next year. Take Campbell away and GA is a 2 win team
Totally disagree. They will have question mark as how to replace McClelland at QB, but they will still be very strong everywhere else. Armstrong is a sophomore for goodness sakes. You have no clue what you are talking about.
Which is why I retracted my statement. I’m an alum who lives out of state. Try to keep in touch with former classmates but apparently they aren’t always accurate

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

I think sparling abandoned ship at river valley

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

svac83 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:16 am I think this is a little bit of a square peg in a round hole situation. You have a program that has worked out prepared to be a spread open and finesse team. With a coach who wants to be strong power orientated team. He will need a full off season or two and instill the discipline and all they need and they will be ok.
Am I wrong to say the "power oriented team" shouldn't be what RV does? RV never seems big enough to be good at that. Sparling was smart in putting in the right system at the right school.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Gallia Academy 46 River Valley 0

Post by mattash »

Gallia Academy 46 River Valley 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Shades
Waterboy

Post by Shades »

bballfan wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:55 pm GA picked a great time to bring back Pinrod. Future so bright his shades can actually “help”
Shades make everything better.

I find it amazing, that 2 games into his first season, there are people wanting Peck out. This is why RV athletics will continue to be a joke. No coach is worthy of coaching there (according to mommy and daddy). I am pretty sure Urban Myer couldn't win with what Peck has this year. Not saying the kids are terrible, but the kids do not know him, trust him, or understand his style of team. I would love to see a community, school board, players, and families get behind the guy and give this a real shot. Little Johnny will never respect or have faith in coach Peck, if Johnny goes home and hears his family talk about how much of an idiot coach is.

I feel bad for RV. Don't get me wrong, they are not the only school in the area like this. It is everywhere. Which is why I have said it before, and I'll say it again, coaching is not worth the headaches anymore. Often the coach is the only one attempting to keep a kid accountable. Everyone else is ready to give an excuse why failing is okay.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I could not disagree more. While Campbell is a good player, he is not the best player on that team. I won’t give my opinion as to who I think it is, doesn’t matter. But yo think that the Blue Devils would win only 2 games without him is just ridiculous.

Return to “Football”