Gallia Academy 46 River Valley 0

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Re: WK2 0-1 River Valley @ 1-0 Gallia Academy

Post by sandstorm23 »

Wow. Another embarrassing week for the team from Bidwell. RV will always be "little brother" to GA (for a lot of reasons), but I sure wish it was the other way around. So what do we think about the new coach at RV? Is this going to be a short tenure?

seops2018
Waterboy

Post by seops2018 »

sandstorm23 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:49 pm Wow. Another embarrassing week for the team from Bidwell. RV will always be "little brother" to GA (for a lot of reasons), but I sure wish it was the other way around. So what do we think about the new coach at RV? Is this going to be a short tenure?
Only took a couple post once the final score came in, and Shades called it....already turning on the coach!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

sandstorm23 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:49 pm Wow. Another embarrassing week for the team from Bidwell. RV will always be "little brother" to GA (for a lot of reasons), but I sure wish it was the other way around. So what do we think about the new coach at RV? Is this going to be a short tenure?
If they are smart, they will give him at least a few years. He will build a program. You will not get any better options for coaches at RV.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

seops2018 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:07 pm
Only took a couple post once the final score came in, and Shades called it....already turning on the coach!
I agree he deserves time. I was just wondering what everyone thought after a few games. Seems to be not the most fun thing in the world to see these kids get beat over and over again by these scores. This doesnt have to be and probably isn't the coaches fault. I'm going to assume it's partially a talent issue with the roster, but what are some of the things you've loved from the new coach thus far?

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

When you get beat 47-0 week 1 and 46-0 week 2 that's a problem. and it pretty much sums up your season in one word. LONG

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

All you hear is how talented this group of JR’s are. Wondering if they actually are talented or just have a big class. If they are, you should be able to win with a talented and big junior class.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

They played the best two teams on the schedule. Peck is a good coach, and they have some winnable games coming up. It’s hard for a coach to come to a new team and start out with a very good coal grove team that will be in the conversation for a regional championship. Then a Gallia Academy team that should push for a playoff spot this year. IMO they had around 2 games ( South Gallia, Alexander) that they should win, 4 games ( wellston, v.c., Meigs, Portsmouth) that could go either way, and 4 losses (coal Grove, g.a., Athens, n.y.) . It’s a 10 week season and I do think it will get better as long as they keep working and don’t turn on the coaches, like river valley has a history of doing.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think this is a little bit of a square peg in a round hole situation. You have a program that has worked out prepared to be a spread open and finesse team. With a coach who wants to be strong power orientated team. He will need a full off season or two and instill the discipline and all they need and they will be ok.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

BlueLion4Life, just wondering if you are a GA fan or a WCH fan. Just wondering since over 40% of your post are on this topic.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

We Gallipolis people need to keep things innperspective! Just 2 years ago we were having the same discussion as RV fans! RV was laughing at us! Don’t be arrogant it’s HS sports!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:21 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:11 pm Can this game be heard on radio or stream this evening?

Yes on 99.5 big country
I went to Gallipolis my kids went to Gallipolis and half my grand kids went to Gallipolis, this clown show on Big Country 99 is an absolute embarrassment to the community! Why would we have to listen to 2 guys who can’t even get the down and distance correct before a play a tounge tied embarrassment! Ah the days of Bill Gray or Dale Rothgeb when you could stand to listen to a broadcast on the radio

GAHSdevilfan
Waterboy

Post by GAHSdevilfan »

bevo wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:00 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:11 pm Can this game be heard on radio or stream this evening?

Yes on 99.5 big country
I went to Gallipolis my kids went to Gallipolis and half my grand kids went to Gallipolis, this clown show on Big Country 99 is an absolute embarrassment to the community! Why would we have to listen to 2 guys who can’t even get the down and distance correct before a play a tounge tied embarrassment! Ah the days of Bill Gray or Dale Rothgeb when you could stand to listen to a broadcast on the radio
The games also air on 93.1 out of Gallipolis. They also stream from their website.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Good to see you reappear bevo. I sense some negativity with you since your raiders have got crushed the last 2 years by the devils. How is your boy sparling doing in retirement?

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

I seem to remember that you said rv was an up and coming program

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Sounds like coach peck has inherited a mess. Extremely tough schedule with coal grove, Gallia, and Portsmouth. I think arrogance might of got the best out of old coach sparling and the a.d.

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

Prep Expert- RV has struggled. No doubt but they will get back on track. I’m going on the record to say they beat GA next year. Take Campbell away and GA is a 2 win team
Last edited by bballfan on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

bevo wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:00 pm

Yes on 99.5 big country
I really couldn't agree more. I didn't realize 93.1 was also airing the game. But generally it cracks me up on terrible announcing that Big Country puts out. Josh isn't too bad but the other guy seems to ramble a little more than most people would like.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Going to strongly disagree with you bball fan. Looked like to me Gallia’s Jv team played the last quarter and a half. Rv couldn’t score on them but Gallia’s Jv team scored on river valley’s varsity

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

I guess at least it’s good river valley is in the TVC Ohio. They might not win a game in the OVC this year.

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

I was not a game and did not know that. All I’ve heard is how good the RV junior class is. But I will retract my statement if that’s the case. I see a long year in store for RV

Return to “Football”