Gallia Academy 46 River Valley 0

Shades
Waterboy

Re: WK2 0-1 River Valley @ 1-0 Gallia Academy

Post by Shades »

I would like to see the play callers from the sideline stand out a little more. What if they wore neon colored shirts (green, orange, blue, pink) that way you can signal in the active color so kids can pick them out easier.

On this same note, is there a large percentage of teams that attempt to steal the signals from the sideline of the opposing team? Maybe through game film?

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

Shades- I believe that sign stealing is more common now than ever. i would imagine coaches oppose the neon colors because opposing coaches can key in on them? just my opinion though.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Shades wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:20 am Watched a bit of the Blue Devil practice last night. I was nervous about the new formations they were running, but the execution was excellent. RV will not know what hit them.
There will be a lot of things to go on film this week. To give Jackson and other things a lot of days to prepare for. Even if it won’t be a big part of the game plan each week.

I haven’t been to practice this week. But you can sort of tell the coaches sort of know that they are pretty good this year. There is a little time spent in each practice on a look or a skill that they are working on for a future opponent.

This was the first fall that in practice during camp they took a period to work on Jackson’s wide splits. I have seen it once or twice since then. The last few years. They weren’t able to work ahead like that.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I look forward to what this offense will begin to look like in a few weeks. I know just like valentine last year. They are working on packages to get Woodson a few touches a game. As that progress s that is just going to continue to open up the offense for the other players.

I saw a look last week that just tickled me. Woodson and call stacked on one side. Valentine and Campbell on the other. With cox coming out of like tight end position.

Shades
Waterboy

Post by Shades »

svac83 you might be the most knowledgeable guy I've seen on here. You seem in tune with how the game is supposed to be. You should definitely get into coaching. I am sure a guy like you could bring a lot to the table to help GA. The only additional thing you need is a quality pair of sunglasses. I doubt those are team issued, so you'd probably have to bring your own.

Shades
Waterboy

Post by Shades »

bballfan wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:15 pm Shades- I believe that sign stealing is more common now than ever. i would imagine coaches oppose the neon colors because opposing coaches can key in on them? just my opinion though.
I suppose that makes sense. I guess if you had 3-4 guys all calling in signals with only one being live signals, the shirt idea might help kids out. But overall, I get what you're saying.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Shades wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:55 pm svac83 you might be the most knowledgeable guy I've seen on here. You seem in tune with how the game is supposed to be. You should definitely get into coaching. I am sure a guy like you could bring a lot to the table to help GA. The only additional thing you need is a quality pair of sunglasses. I doubt those are team issued, so you'd probably have to bring your own.
I cannot judge talent at all. And that is not a good quality for a coach.
What I will say is if I had a kid still in school I would love him to be coached by this Gallia academy staff. They are not perfect. But they coach with a purpose and have high expectations of there kids on and off the field and I really think they are doing it right. And they are going to mold a pretty good football team and great young men to come out of this program.

seops2018
Waterboy

Post by seops2018 »

Only thing I will say about this matchup is that clearly River Valley faithful don't believe they have a chance. Otherwise, they would be on here talking trash like they normally do.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Fall season magazine released tomorrow Gallia Meigs. And Mason in papers tomorrow

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

seops2018 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:34 pm Only thing I will say about this matchup is that clearly River Valley faithful don't believe they have a chance. Otherwise, they would be on here talking trash like they normally do.

1 or 2 people do not represent an entire fan base.

Go Raiders!!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Shades
Waterboy

Post by Shades »

I can wait for all the excuses from the RV faithful when they get stomped on tomorrow. I anticipate the fist excuse being kids transferring to GA being the only reason they won. Next, will probably be the officiating. Lastly, there will be some sort of complaint saying how bad the GA players and/or crowd act.

If there is one thing we can all count on, its that RV will always have an excuse. If there isn't a good excuse available, then they will turn on their own coaches. Look at their basketball program for example. Ran out of excuses, so it must be the coach. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact the talent pool is pretty low in the county schools at the moment.

Anyways, hoping for a clean and injury free game for both sides tomorrow night.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Shades wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:58 am I can wait for all the excuses from the RV faithful when they get stomped on tomorrow. I anticipate the fist excuse being kids transferring to GA being the only reason they won. Next, will probably be the officiating. Lastly, there will be some sort of complaint saying how bad the GA players and/or crowd act.

If there is one thing we can all count on, its that RV will always have an excuse. If there isn't a good excuse available, then they will turn on their own coaches. Look at their basketball program for example. Ran out of excuses, so it must be the coach. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact the talent pool is pretty low in the county schools at the moment.

Anyways, hoping for a clean and injury free game for both sides tomorrow night.

AS I SAID EARLIER......1 or 2 people do not represent an entire fan base.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Can this game be heard on radio or stream this evening?

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:11 pm Can this game be heard on radio or stream this evening?

Yes on 99.5 big country

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

GAHS- 13
RV- 0
1st quarter

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:21 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:11 pm Can this game be heard on radio or stream this evening?

Yes on 99.5 big country
Thanks BlueLion.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

26-0
Half

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

39-0 GAHS 3rd quarter

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

46-0 GAHS final

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

GAHS looks athletic and physical, swarming defense.

RV looks selfish, unorganized, and soft.

Overall pretty pathetic night for the Raiders, going to be another long year.

Return to “Football”