Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK2 Oak Hill @ Minford

Post by greygoose »

Minford is improved but not on par with Oak Hill just yet, should be a good game but I can see the Oaks by 2 scores here.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Another close game for these two teams. based on last weeks performance on defense I’m taking minford 28-14.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

If Minford loses this game, I won't attend another game this season. This is a most win game for the program and greatly impacts the direction moving forward.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

FalconFever02 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:58 pm If Minford loses this game, I won't attend another game this season. This is a most win game for the program and greatly impacts the direction moving forward.
I wouldn’t say that. Oak Hill is a good team this year. A loss here doesn’t throw Minford’s season off the rails

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FalconFever02 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:58 pm If Minford loses this game, I won't attend another game this season. This is a most win game for the program and greatly impacts the direction moving forward.
Don't know if I'd go that far and totally jump off the bandwagon, the team needs your support. Honestly Minford is more like a year away from being where the fans would like to see them, just want to see them making those strides in 2018.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I wouldn't make a statement like that. Minford is headed in a good direction. If anyone thinks that this game is going to be a blowout, they're crazy. I think Oak Hill wins by a touchdown, maybe two, but it will be close all the way until the final gun.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I have to go with Minford in this one.

For starters, this game was 14-7 last year with Oak Hill pulling it out in OT at OH. Minford being the youngest of the 2 teams.

QB play, to this point, seems much better at Minford and they look much better up front on both sides of the ball. Throw in that this game is on Minford's field and I think they pull it out this year against the Oaks.

I think either way this is a closely matched game.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Bleeding Red, back in action! 😂. This game is honestly shaping up to be one of the better games if not the best game on both teams schedule.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:18 pm I have to go with Minford in this one.

For starters, this game was 14-7 last year with Oak Hill pulling it out in OT at OH. Minford being the youngest of the 2 teams.

QB play, to this point, seems much better at Minford and they look much better up front on both sides of the ball. Throw in that this game is on Minford's field and I think they pull it out this year against the Oaks.

I think either way this is a closely matched game.
I don`t think 2 fumbles by the QB makes him much better than last year.

Bernie Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Bernie Kosar »

Minford by 7

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Oaks by 14

Walk by Faith not by sight.
FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

What I’m saying is this is a must win game for Minford playoff aspirations.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 pm Bleeding Red, back in action! 😂. This game is honestly shaping up to be one of the better games if not the best game on both teams schedule.
I'm back lol. I agree with you. This should be a typical hard hitting close game between these 2 teams. I havent seen Minford much this year but their lines on both sides of the ball seemed much improved. They also seemed much more physical than last year. Again, that's what I took away from the small amount that I saw against Piketon who isnt exactly a good measuring stick.

I have to think this is a must win for Minford if the "P" word has any chance of happening as OH is a team they can beat and also provide second level points from winning their share of games.

Good luck to both teams Friday night.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I would probably say this game is a tossup. Being that Minford is at home, and if they can stop the Oaks running game, I will probably give the edge to Minford. I think Oak Hill will throw the ball very seldom even if they are behind.

goburg696
Waterboy

Post by goburg696 »

I heard Minfords QB is transferring, I think he is going somewhere up north. Could be wrong though. Oak Hill by a million!!

burgsthebest5
Waterboy

Post by burgsthebest5 »

I also heard about the QB transferring. If this is true minford doesn't stand a chance. Heard rumors that if he transfers the lindamood and lauder boys are quitting to focus on another state run in baseball. anyone have info on this?

FalconFan8
Waterboy

Post by FalconFan8 »

burgisthebest5 I have a son on the team and he has heard this from someone in the locker room. If this is true it will be a long year for the falcons.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

The Kelley boy transferring?

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

If it’s the Kelly boy moved minford will be 100% ok with Lewis maybe even better.

Return to “Football”