Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BananaSC74 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:28 pm I've learned that when the Burg gets doubted, they rise to the occasion.

Not saying they will win this game but in no way do I see this game getting out of hand as some predict.

I'll give them a 60% chance of winning just because they have a winning mentality.

They certainly have some things to work on from the Ironton game. Woodward and his staff have been known to not only make the most of these opportunities but Burg always gets better as the seasons goes on. That's good coaching.
No way they have a 60% chance of winning this game.. teams in Columbus are no joke. I’d say they have a 10-20% chance of winning if that. The Bishop defense will force 3-5 turnovers and control the line of scrimmage.
Say what u want but no way in hell is this game gonna be a blowout as many predict. Grant ya yes this is a different team than last yr but correct me in I’m wrong but didn’t burg absolutely roll on watterson who is a Columbus team as did they roll on heath who is in the area of Columbus. Not to mention they beat academy and bishop ready both last yr in the playoffs. Both who are Columbus teams. We may lose but we will not get blown out

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:44 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:28 pm I've learned that when the Burg gets doubted, they rise to the occasion.

Not saying they will win this game but in no way do I see this game getting out of hand as some predict.

I'll give them a 60% chance of winning just because they have a winning mentality.

They certainly have some things to work on from the Ironton game. Woodward and his staff have been known to not only make the most of these opportunities but Burg always gets better as the seasons goes on. That's good coaching.
No way they have a 60% chance of winning this game.. teams in Columbus are no joke. I’d say they have a 10-20% chance of winning if that. The Bishop defense will force 3-5 turnovers and control the line of scrimmage.
Say what u want but no way in hell is this game gonna be a blowout as many predict. Grant ya yes this is a different team than last yr but correct me in I’m wrong but didn’t burg absolutely roll on watterson who is a Columbus team as did they roll on heath who is in the area of Columbus. Not to mention they beat academy and bishop ready both last yr in the playoffs. Both who are Columbus teams. We may lose but we will not get blown out
Those teams aren’t Bishop, bishops run and pass game is Elite. I’m sticking with my original prediction of a blowout but I guess we will all see on gameday!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I will never underestimate the Burg. I will also say that I bet that BH does not. You most always get better by playing the best,and Burg has never been afraid to do that.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

It's so unheard of to me that a DIII Columbus school scheduling all the way down to DV for an out of conference game, shows where burgs program is too, I'll be rooting them on for this game

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Hartey 28
Burg 14
No running game for Burg will keep their defense on the field. Hartley dominates this one

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Hartley would be playing D5 football if it wasn't for competitive balance. They have an enrollment of 207 and a cb of 90 for a 297 adjusted enrollment. The D5 cutoff was 210

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigerfan98 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 am Hartey 28
Burg 14
No running game for Burg will keep their defense on the field. Hartley dominates this one
If #32 can hold on to the ball, he could be a feature back. I hope to see him more this week.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Hartley is always very solid but I’m not sure how good they are this year. They may be great. They may be avg for a Hartley team. I would not be shocked if the burg coaches were holding some things backin week 1 because of who they had coming up in week 2.
Last edited by fbnut on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:40 am
tigerfan98 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 am Hartey 28
Burg 14
If #32 can hold on to the ball, he could be a feature back. I hope to see him more this week.
You have to hold on to the football

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Exactly.

Good luck to the Burg.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to you all this week. this could be a big feather in your cap. just like the ironton loss will not determine their entire season. a loss to Hartley will not be a huge factor for them either. but good luck to you guys. I hope you pull this out for wheelersburg and southern ohio.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

I predict that this game will not be a blowout either way. Great coaches correct deficiencies between weeks 1 and 2 and Burg has great coaches. I am sure that some things were held back last week and we may see some players in different positions this week. Burg will show up and give their best fight and win or lose, Hartley will remember that they played them. GO BURG!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Think I'm going to go with Hartley, as I think they'll have what it takes up front to win this one. Should be a good game just think this early in the season I'm giving the edge to Hartley in the trenches.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

This was a mistake to take on Hartley, as good as the Burg has been they are not in the bigger Columbus schools class .They bowed to people that couldn't beat the Burg, to get some one else to do it for them. you'll see the low lives come out in force com e sat morning. The Burg needs to come out without major injuries and move on and learn something , play in your own backyard with kids your size.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

time for tha burg to dish out a little payback!! expect the pirates to play with a chip on their shoulder!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Well in my opinion if Burg held anything back it wasn't where the majority of football games are won. The line of scrimmage. Yes Ironton lost but they weren't manhandled by no means...Burg not nearly as stout in the trenches as last year. They may whip most in this area but I predict Hartley bullies Burg on the line of scrimmage...I would be surprised if Burg keep this close...

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

callie15 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:04 am This was a mistake to take on Hartley, as good as the Burg has been they are not in the bigger Columbus schools class .They bowed to people that couldn't beat the Burg, to get some one else to do it for them. you'll see the low lives come out in force com e sat morning. The Burg needs to come out without major injuries and move on and learn something , play in your own backyard with kids your size.
Burg took them to OT the last time they played them
And physically took it to them

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

BURG... They look forward to games like this and they thrive in big games.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hartley 35
Burg 14

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Westfan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:33 am Hartley would be playing D5 football if it wasn't for competitive balance. They have an enrollment of 207 and a cb of 90 for a 297 adjusted enrollment. The D5 cutoff was 210
Bishop Hartley has an enrollment of 284 boys and 426 girls per there school website. High School Enrollment by race
Indian 1 0.1 %
Asian 11 1.5 %
Hispanic 19 2.7 %
Black 137 19.3 %
White 533 75.1 %
Two or More Ethnicities 9 1.3 %

This is enrollment before CB adjustment. Just sayin :D

Return to “Football”