2018 Defending State Champs Wheelersburg Pirates Outlook

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: 2018 Defending State Champs Wheelersburg Pirates Outlook

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What day and time is the scrimmage this week?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Saturday at 10am

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Anxious to hear how the scrimmage goes.

Chillicothe has a few burners this year but we lost one heck of a QB last year. Should be interesting to see how that unfolds this year.
Recap the scrimmage for Chilli fans. No way I am driving to the burg for a scrimmage lol.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

A lot of people drive to Chille from the Burg to see a scrimmage, that's the difference in teams support.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

should be a good one

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

callie15 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:27 pm A lot of people drive to Chille from the Burg to see a scrimmage, that's the difference in teams support.
Troll

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Explain Troll unsupportive Cavs fan!

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Made a visit to practice over the past couple days wanting to see what was happening on the defensive side of the ball. I think we can all agree that the offense will be as good if not better than last year, but the defense has been the question mark. My take away after the past couple days is, man do they have some size on that defense, specifically the defensive line. Now whether or not the production comes with the size is yet to be seen, but there are some big bodies out there. In addition to the size, the back end it littered with talent and speed, just have to find the perfect fit for each player. The excitement is real for this years team.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Thanks spider for the updates , can't get there as often as I used to . Make it as often as possible..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Take a peak at this if you haven’t seen it yet. http://www.maxpreps.com/news/v4eAeBUgrk ... sion-v.htm

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Burg 9-0 vs Mexico in first round game LLWS. Way to represent girls!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:57 pm Burg 9-0 vs Mexico in first round game LLWS. Way to represent girls!!!
Looks like they have a decent shot to advance out of that pool.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

This Wheelersburg team is going to be VERY, VERY, VERY good, and might I say better than last years team? The amount of talent that was hidden by upperclassmen last year is honestly incredible. Over the past week at practice, I have seen at least 15 players getting second string reps that would undoubtedly start for any other team in the area. I'm still thinking we go 9-1 in the regular season with a week 2 loss to Hartley, but as long as we compete in that game and have that experience playing such a storied program, we will receive exactly what we need from that contest. I think it will be a good competitive game.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:24 pm I agree fbnut. I think the offense will be better than last year which is scary, and to be honest, the defense has enough athletes that the right combination could result in a defense comparable to last years. Just have to find the right fit.
I agree with the offense is going to be stronger than last year! Also the defense will fill the few holes they lost last year and with the players heads on the right direction burg will make another run!!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:58 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:57 pm Burg 9-0 vs Mexico in first round game LLWS. Way to represent girls!!!
Looks like they have a decent shot to advance out of that pool.
I hope so I would love them to win the whole thing!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

callie15 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:27 pm A lot of people drive to Chille from the Burg to see a scrimmage, that's the difference in teams support.
No matter who or where Burg plays there will be a wall of orange and black backing their team. It’s a great gate for who plays them.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:16 am This Wheelersburg team is going to be VERY, VERY, VERY good, and might I say better than last years team? The amount of talent that was hidden by upperclassmen last year is honestly incredible. Over the past week at practice, I have seen at least 15 players getting second string reps that would undoubtedly start for any other team in the area. I'm still thinking we go 9-1 in the regular season with a week 2 loss to Hartley, but as long as we compete in that game and have that experience playing such a storied program, we will receive exactly what we need from that contest. I think it will be a good competitive game.
I would have to agree. I ran into a coach at Ridge Mini mart and asked him about the team. He didn’t say a whole lot but did say he was expecting between 20-22 kids to see playing time on defense. He said they rotated around 20 last year on defense

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:16 am This Wheelersburg team is going to be VERY, VERY, VERY good, and might I say better than last years team? The amount of talent that was hidden by upperclassmen last year is honestly incredible. Over the past week at practice, I have seen at least 15 players getting second string reps that would undoubtedly start for any other team in the area. I'm still thinking we go 9-1 in the regular season with a week 2 loss to Hartley, but as long as we compete in that game and have that experience playing such a storied program, we will receive exactly what we need from that contest. I think it will be a good competitive game.
I agree with everything but week 2. We have a legit shot at walking out of there with a win.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Oh, I agree that we have a legit shot at a Week 2 win Jolly. I think it will he a hard fought game either way. I think that Hartley has some horses that will be extremely hard to contain, with D1 talent in many spots. I think one way we may be able to get to them is wearing them down with our depth. I think they are a little low on numbers but high on talent. Should be exciting to watch either way.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Any update from the scrimmage against Chillicothe this morning? I wasn't able to make it up there.

Return to “Football”