2018 Ironton Head football coach

Kleao
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Kleao »

2thwzd wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Kleao wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:04 pm
2thwzd wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:18 pm

What are they doing practicing anything on Sunday? IDC who the coach is, they should know better :evil:
Exactly what reason would there be for these boys to not ok to be putting in work on Sunday? That’s comical!
The very fact you don't see anything wrong with practicing on Sunday says a lot :roll:
If your speaking about church, they practice in the afternoon and all kinds of sports are played on Sunday. Give me a break!

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

2thwzd wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:35 pm
Kleao wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:53 pm
2thwzd wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm

The very fact you don't see anything wrong with practicing on Sunday says a lot :roll:
If your speaking about church, they practice in the afternoon and all kinds of sports are played on Sunday. Give me a break!
Just because "all kinds of sports are played on Sunday" doesn't make it right, but yeah, I'll give you a break :lol:
I bet you didn’t watch the Super Bowl on Sunday either or any football for that matter. Or go out to eat! I bet you don’t even get on this site and read about the gossip on Sunday either. I bet you keep that for Monday-Saturday.🙄

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

OVC wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 am I would hope that the first priority of Ironton's school board is to hire a superintendent. There should be a topic covering that subject instead of a football coach. I love football, I have a son who plays, but my children's education is more important than a football coach. My two-cents for what it is worth.
I’m sure that is their priority, as it should be. This is a Football thread on a Sports Forum. Hopefully they know how to multitask, it’s not that hard.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

tobehonest wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:12 am I heard today that Wheelersburg Offensive Line coach applied? any truth to that?
Not sure what position he coached, heard the name Kaskey from Wheelersburg.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

He's not on the list of coaches who applied.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

irontonguy2018 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm He's not on the list of coaches who applied.
Thanks, that's the only name I've heard from the Burg.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

irontonguy2018 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm He's not on the list of coaches who applied.
Since you have the list, enlighten us, who all has applied?

The Burgs Assistants were Chad Johnson, Chad May, Jerod Tilley, Bryson Williams, Tom Kaskey, Jonathan Eaton, Steve Sutton, Todd Ruby, Josh McFadden and Joe Reinhardt

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

There is a Chad Johnson on the list.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Ironton loses a player tomorrow.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

I was told tonight. They could vote for coach Monday night or they might not.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Buramgerdin wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 pm Ironton loses a player tomorrow.
Where is he going too.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

OVC wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 am I would hope that the first priority of Ironton's school board is to hire a superintendent. There should be a topic covering that subject instead of a football coach. I love football, I have a son who plays, but my children's education is more important than a football coach. My two-cents for what it is worth.
Perhaps on Superintendent preps there might be a thread on who gets that job. But please keep that discussion off here. The coaching thread is 23 pages. PLEASE HIRE A COACH...

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

we have lost 3 starters due to transfer recently , after baseball we lose more , this whole process is killing the team

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 am
Kleao wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 pm I encourage anyone that has any questions about the staff that Coach Vass will put in place, should go to the high school field and see the difference in the boys that have been working every Sunday afternoon. Just sit and watch. Just the difference in running routes and footwork is like night and day from years previous. Like I have mentioned several times, it’s not fair to whoever the board is going to hire or Coach Vass. If they aren’t going to hire him back they should have let him go after last season and had the new coach hired back in January. It’s the KIDS that suffer in the end. No matter how you feel about Coach Vass and his coaching, he is a good person and has feelings and also a family. These men volunteering their time have a vast knowledge of the game. One of them was a starting quarterback in college and extremely knowledgeable. But whoever they hire just do it already so people can move on and the kids can get mentally ready for the upcoming season.
I'd take it, with this being said. and knowing who this poster is, I'd bet the farm vass is getting rehired.
What are they doing practicing anything on Sunday? IDC who the coach is, they should know better :evil:
we never practiced any on the weekends, I've never heard of this before. I don't know if it's a rumor. or something that is allowed now. I been outta school 39 years. and a lot has changed. we watched game films sunday night. of the previous game and upcoming opponents. but that was all.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

4th and iches wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 am we have lost 3 starters due to transfer recently , after baseball we lose more , this whole process is killing the team
I understand your concerns but the head coach caused this whole situation. I do agree that something should have been said to him long before this about the issues on the team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I thought we had a former athlete that was taking over the weight program. that owns a physical therapy/workout place in ironton, or a part owner or something like that. but the name I can't recall.is that old news, did it get shut down or what.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

2thwzd wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 am
Kleao wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:43 pm
2thwzd wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:35 pm
Just because "all kinds of sports are played on Sunday" doesn't make it right, but yeah, I'll give you a break :lol:
I bet you didn’t watch the Super Bowl on Sunday either or any football for that matter. Or go out to eat! I bet you don’t even get on this site and read about the gossip on Sunday either. I bet you keep that for Monday-Saturday.🙄
Not worth a reply :lol:
😂😂😂😂 Great response! That’s what people say when they have nothing important to say!
Last edited by Kleao on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:54 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 am

I'd take it, with this being said. and knowing who this poster is, I'd bet the farm vass is getting rehired.
we never practiced any on the weekends, I've never heard of this before. I don't know if it's a rumor. or something that is allowed now. I been outta school 39 years. and a lot has changed. we watched game films sunday night. of the previous game and upcoming opponents. but that was all.
These boys are putting in time to improve themselves and people want to complain. These boys are putting in time on their own. They don’t have any coaches helping them. These are boys trying to better themselves and we got complaints. They have NEVER practiced on a Sunday. They watch film DURING football season. People complain saying they don’t work hard enough and when they are putting in time on the off season to better themselves and the team, people complain! Make up your mind people.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

I wonder how many fans from Wheelersburg would complain that their boys were putting in time on their own to better themselves? I bet NONE. But our faithful fans of Ironton want to complain. We don’t even have a coach and it’s almost May. I’m proud that these boys are taking it upon themselves to try to get better on their own.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Game day wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:57 am
4th and iches wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 am we have lost 3 starters due to transfer recently , after baseball we lose more , this whole process is killing the team
I understand your concerns but the head coach caused this whole situation. I do agree that something should have been said to him long before this about the issues on the team.
Mark absolutely played his part in this mess , Lefon also has a big part in it , along with the BOE . This falls on more than one person but the bigger issue is we are loosing kids like ctqxy and I don’t see a sense of regency to hire a head coach and let him try and stop the bleeding instead of sitting back and watching this happen

Return to “Football”