2018 Ironton Head football coach

Urban
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Urban »

Gone Country wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 pm My sources (reliable sources) informed that Coach Triplett is willing and waiting to come on board as an assistant with Trevon Pendleton should he be awarded the Ironton job. What this would provide is knowledge of the Ironton athletic system and the community as a whole not to mention his ability as a coach and mentor to a bright young man that is eager to start his own career and legacy as a high school footbal coach. Coach Triplett certainly believes in Trevon's drive and prospects as a coach or he would not be willing. He has had other offers that he refused.
If he were to get the job I doubt this happens.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Gone Country wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 pm My sources (reliable sources) informed that Coach Triplett is willing and waiting to come on board as an assistant with Trevon Pendleton should he be awarded the Ironton job. What this would provide is knowledge of the Ironton athletic system and the community as a whole not to mention his ability as a coach and mentor to a bright young man that is eager to start his own career and legacy as a high school footbal coach. Coach Triplett certainly believes in Trevon's drive and prospects as a coach or he would not be willing. He has had other offers that he refused.
Posters from the team down the river are quick to join the conversation and throw cold water on the fire knowing their recent dominance of the rivalry could come to a quick termination. They would love to see the current Ironton regime stay in place. All Ironton opponents would.
One said "nothing has changed there in the last 50yrs". Better look again. Coming into 1968, Ironton was lucky to win 3 games a year. Bob Bruney was hired and he turned Ironton into the winning program that Bob Lutz inherited. When it changed in the last 50years is when the current head coach/regime took the helm.
THAT SAID, I THINK THAT IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA. AND WOULD BE JUSTICE IN MY OPINION FOR A WONDERFUL MAN BEING DONE SO WRONG INITIALLY. MERRILL HAS EXPERIENCE COACHING ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. AND HE MUST BELIEVE IN TREVON AND COULD LEAD AND GUIDE HIM. AND HE KNOWS HOW TO BEAT BURG. AND PLACE THE HIGHEST PRIORITIES ON FUNDAMENTALS AND DISCIPLINE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Cato wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:04 pm If they wanna win the school and the Tiger clan will find the money.

Him not applying says alot to me. Rock Hill will never be a winner.

The Tiger Clan has nothing,nada,0 to do with hiring,firing,or paying coaches.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:28 am
Posters from the team down the river are quick to join the conversation and throw cold water on the fire knowing their recent dominance of the rivalry could come to a quick termination. They would love to see the current Ironton regime stay in place. All Ironton opponents would.
One said "nothing has changed there in the last 50yrs". Better look again. Coming into 1968, Ironton was lucky to win 3 games a year. Bob Bruney was hired and he turned Ironton into the winning program that Bob Lutz inherited. When it changed in the last 50years is when the current head coach/regime took the helm.
THAT SAID, I THINK THAT IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA. AND WOULD BE JUSTICE IN MY OPINION FOR A WONDERFUL MAN BEING DONE SO WRONG INITIALLY. MERRILL HAS EXPERIENCE COACHING ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. AND HE MUST BELIEVE IN TREVON AND COULD LEAD AND GUIDE HIM. AND HE KNOWS HOW TO BEAT BURG. AND PLACE THE HIGHEST PRIORITIES ON FUNDAMENTALS AND DISCIPLINE.
What is his record against the burg?

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball:30 »

This thread is a mess to keep up on. Who is currently the official coach of Ironton? Is Vass still technically in that position?

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Basketball:30 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:50 am This thread is a mess to keep up on. Who is currently the official coach of Ironton? Is Vass still technically in that position?
No they did renew his contract. He will have to go through the interview process like everyone else that applied.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Talked to Coach Triplett a few months back. I asked him if he missed coaching. He said he missed practices, teaching kids football. He added he didn’t miss the games and the politics that go with it. Would he come on board as an assistant coach ? not sure.
I know he was done wrong at IHS but also know he’s a stand up guy who if a former player asked for his help he would certainly give it consideration.
Good luck to whoever gets the job and hope the talent level improves.

football junkie
Waterboy

Post by football junkie »

You guys need to get more cultured. I grew up in southeastern Ohio and I always thought things were done the way they are here also. My job took me to Cincinnati where after a few years I was able to land on a high school coaching staff. over the course of my 9 years of coaching I can name numerous guys that coach high school football ( head coaches and coordinators ) that run a training business on the side. I guess that might be one of several factors as to way southeastern Ohio is playing catch up to the rest of the state. What is wrong with the guy coaching and also training players...The KIDS back home could benefit from it. It seems to me like he is trying to help kids out. The problem with the world today is nobody puts the well being of others first. I for one like that he is willing to help out all kinds of kids in southern Ohio. Plus competition makes everyone better (looks at the MAC and tell me competition doesn't help)

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

If I was voting to have Trevon being head coach I would say next year. Merrill would need to be the head coach one year at least to assure this young man knows what he is doing. This is not an easy place to coach the expectations are high the community is expecting the new coach will change the last culture that has taken over the Ironton program.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:53 am
What is his record against the burg?
nut they only played with him as coach for 1 year, but ironton won. my point was, they barely missed a beat with him at the helm.and we saw the same type of dominating ironton football we were used to seeing.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Wheelersburg (A) 24 21
Olentangy Liberty (A) 14 20
St Thomas More (Ontario) 27 7
Jackson 48 20
Chillicothe 14 47
Marietta 28 20
Gallia Academy 7 14
Portsmouth 49 42
Zanesville 48 7
Logan 0 7
Totals Regular Season 259 205

Westfall (Playoffs - Westfall) 35 42
Totals 294 247

2006 WAS HIS LONE YEAR COACHING THERE. AND THEN BOB LUTZ RETURNED FOR A YEAR BEFORE RETIRING AGAIN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IT WAS ALSO IN THE SEOAL AND NOT THE OVC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

football junkie wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:32 pm You guys need to get more cultured. I grew up in southeastern Ohio and I always thought things were done the way they are here also. My job took me to Cincinnati where after a few years I was able to land on a high school coaching staff. over the course of my 9 years of coaching I can name numerous guys that coach high school football ( head coaches and coordinators ) that run a training business on the side. I guess that might be one of several factors as to way southeastern Ohio is playing catch up to the rest of the state. What is wrong with the guy coaching and also training players...The KIDS back home could benefit from it. It seems to me like he is trying to help kids out. The problem with the world today is nobody puts the well being of others first. I for one like that he is willing to help out all kinds of kids in southern Ohio. Plus competition makes everyone better (looks at the MAC and tell me competition doesn't help)
AGAIN, I HAVE NO IDEA WHOM HERE IS BEING TALKED ABOUT , BUT I LOVE YOUR POST, THUMBS UP FROM ME.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:52 pm Wheelersburg (A) 24 21
Olentangy Liberty (A) 14 20
St Thomas More (Ontario) 27 7
Jackson 48 20
Chillicothe 14 47
Marietta 28 20
Gallia Academy 7 14
Portsmouth 49 42
Zanesville 48 7
Logan 0 7
Totals Regular Season 259 205

Westfall (Playoffs - Westfall) 35 42
Totals 294 247

2006 WAS HIS LONE YEAR COACHING THERE. AND THEN BOB LUTZ RETURNED FOR A YEAR BEFORE RETIRING AGAIN.
THIS WAS A BRUTAL SCHEDULE. THEY HAD BURG AT BURG. LOST A CLOSE ONE TO AN AMAZING OLENTANGY LIBERTY TEAM, I THINK D1. OR 2 .DESTROYED THE TEAM THAT WON THE CANADIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LARGEST DIVISION. THEN HAD AS YOU CAN SEE A VERY DIFFICULT SCHEDULE SEOAL WISE.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

The thread is 9 pages long. Please hire a coach.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Bad part of it is they have not even started interviewing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

rxburgfan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:27 pm The thread is 9 pages long. Please hire a coach.
it is what it is rx, we can't do anything about it but chat and listen, at least it's civil.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Game day wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:52 am Bad part of it is they have not even started interviewing.
Anybody know how long they will keep positions posted before interviews begin. I think they were posted to the OHSAA site on 2/26.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:28 am
rxburgfan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:27 pm The thread is 9 pages long. Please hire a coach.
it is what it is rx, we can't do anything about it but chat and listen, at least it's civil.
I did see where the openings were posted on OHSAA website. Let’s hope that attracts a good candidate and Ironton can begin to rebuild. They hopefully can restore a program.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Troll level < mediocre

Return to “Football”