2018 Ironton Head football coach

madpolecat
All State

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by madpolecat »

^^^^^

If it is a student the teacher is in charge of (has in class) and the teacher charges the student/family a fee, it's unethical as Hell.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

madpolecat wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:35 pm ^^^^^

If it is a student the teacher is in charge of (has in class) and the teacher charges the student/family a fee, it's unethical as Hell.
No harm in agreeing to disagree

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

It's only an issue while it's a kid you have in class or a player he/she is on your team.

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

In regards to gym/camps nothing has changed there in the last 50 years! If Daddy didn't pay for Skippy to go to a Coaches camp in the Spring/Summer/fall/or Winter in a particular sport Skippy gets cut or sits the bench unless he's a star....And if you say that doesn't happen The Donald calls bull %$#@!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

donaldtrump wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:39 pm In regards to gym/camps nothing has changed there in the last 50 years! If Daddy didn't pay for Skippy to go to a Coaches camp in the Spring/Summer/fall/or Winter in a particular sport Skippy gets cut or sits the bench unless he's a star....And if you say that doesn't happen The Donald calls bull %$#@!
If your good enough you make it if your not Instead of accepting it and working to improve your game most make excuses

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Pendleton obviously knows football. But knowing football and coaching football is two different things, especially at a program like Ironton. If it's true that he has only been a position coach that is a huge jump. Head coach is a lot less coaching and more leading and organizing. A coach should at least be a coordinator on some level before becoming a head coach.

As far as training kids. That is definitely a grey area. It will be fine till some parent complains or a transfer happens.

The other problem is Vass. Does he pursue the position? How can you justify releasing a coach with years of experience to hire a guy with no experience? Can you say lawsuit. Is Vass a teacher? Is Pendleton a teacher?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

JTEK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:30 pm
madpolecat wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:16 pm
JTEK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:10 pm

No
That's an interesting question, actually.

If kids and parents felt like they needed to sign up (pay fees) at a particular gym or pay a particular trainer (the one where the coach makes his living) in order to get ahead, I would say that it could be that kind of situation.

The coach would have to train his players for free at the gym in order to be beyond reproach, especially because he would be getting compensated by the school to do just that training.

I bet that the mere mention of such an situation would draw action from school administration due to the legal liability.

The argument would be that presented would be "kids/parents could be buying their way into unfair advantage on the team."
Is it any different than a teacher charging for tutoring after school?
exactly what I thought.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Just a thought. Coach Triplett coached in a bad situation. "Fans and alumni" never gave him a chance. People\parents were screaming from the fences disparaging remarks,telling kids not to listen. That said,I thought Coach Triplett did a great job. They way they treated him was an utter embarrasment. There is no way he would come back,nor would I blame him. From what I've heard no coach has been hired yet. Just some names that are thrown around,I like the Pendleton kid. I've heard great things about him from some West Siders. His only negative with me is that pass he caught against the Buckeyes lol

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

12gauge wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:33 am Just a thought. Coach Triplett coached in a bad situation. "Fans and alumni" never gave him a chance. People\parents were screaming from the fences disparaging remarks,telling kids not to listen. That said,I thought Coach Triplett did a great job. They way they treated him was an utter embarrasment. There is no way he would come back,nor would I blame him. From what I've heard no coach has been hired yet. Just some names that are thrown around,I like the Pendleton kid. I've heard great things about him from some West Siders. His only negative with me is that pass he caught against the Buckeyes lol
Yes Triplett is a good man and a good football coach. He won everywhere he coached and at Ironton with a much tougher schedule than they are playing now. Ironton treated him terribly and he showed alot of class walking away like he did. Vass has a less than stellar record but fans were calling for his head before he had coached hardly at all. They will do the same again if the coach they hire does not have the reputation of success and record to fall back on. I could see one of these young coaches coming in and energizing the program for the summer like some of these college coaches when they are first hired. Then the butt whipping from Wheelersburg week one happens and the negativity starts.

Mike Hawk
Waterboy

Post by Mike Hawk »

When I think of Ironton football I am reminded of a line in the movie the green mile:

"This place is a bucket of pi$$ to drown rats in."

The place represents Ironton fans and parents and the rats are the poor coaches dumb enough to take a job in a town that is now no different than anywhere else. And yet the old guard still thinks they will win every game.

I love reading the ignorance that is spewed out by tiger fans and parents on this thread. makes me laugh.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Mike Hawk wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:02 pm When I think of Ironton football I am reminded of a line in the movie the green mile:

"This place is a bucket of pi$$ to drown rats in."

The place represents Ironton fans and parents and the rats are the poor coaches dumb enough to take a job in a town that is now no different than anywhere else. And yet the old guard still thinks they will win every game.

I love reading the ignorance that is spewed out by tiger fans and parents on this thread. makes me laugh.
Once again the old guard is not concerned about wins and loses as much as the total lack of discipline and control.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Curious if the Hammer Lutz who's coaching at Rock Hill applied?

He has deep roots in the Ironton program. Uncle is Bob Lutz. He played at Ironton. He's at a rival school in the same conference as Ironton. With his name he would get somewhat of a pass till he could build. If he's not interested that should give an idea where the Ironton program is.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

No I don't think he applied also keep in mind hi is making a bunch more money going out to Rock Hill. Try about 15k better for teaching and now head coach. There is nothing wrong with Ironton's program but the coaching staff that has been in charge and let it go to hell!

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

If they wanna win the school and the Tiger clan will find the money.

Him not applying says alot to me. Rock Hill will never be a winner.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cato wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:04 pm If they wanna win the school and the Tiger clan will find the money.

Him not applying says alot to me. Rock Hill will never be a winner.
Nice. You won worst post of the year.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

12gauge wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:33 am Just a thought. Coach Triplett coached in a bad situation. "Fans and alumni" never gave him a chance. People\parents were screaming from the fences disparaging remarks,telling kids not to listen. That said,I thought Coach Triplett did a great job. They way they treated him was an utter embarrasment. There is no way he would come back,nor would I blame him. From what I've heard no coach has been hired yet. Just some names that are thrown around,I like the Pendleton kid. I've heard great things about him from some West Siders. His only negative with me is that pass he caught against the Buckeyes lol
He also went 3-1 in his career against the Buckeyes. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Cato wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:49 am
Yes Triplett is a good man and a good football coach. He won everywhere he coached and at Ironton with a much tougher schedule than they are playing now. Ironton treated him terribly and he showed alot of class walking away like he did. Vass has a less than stellar record but fans were calling for his head before he had coached hardly at all. They will do the same again if the coach they hire does not have the reputation of success and record to fall back on. I could see one of these young coaches coming in and energizing the program for the summer like some of these college coaches when they are first hired. Then the butt whipping from Wheelersburg week one happens and the negativity starts.
exactly cato. I believe given the chance he would not have missed a beat coaching ironton the same as bob lutz did. the lone year he coached there he took the job the very last minute. barely had time to assemble a staff, had a winning record, beat burg, coached in the SEOAL, and not the OVC and made the playoffs. and my kids were both on that team and loved playing for him as much as they did coach lutz.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

My sources (reliable sources) informed that Coach Triplett is willing and waiting to come on board as an assistant with Trevon Pendleton should he be awarded the Ironton job. What this would provide is knowledge of the Ironton athletic system and the community as a whole not to mention his ability as a coach and mentor to a bright young man that is eager to start his own career and legacy as a high school footbal coach. Coach Triplett certainly believes in Trevon's drive and prospects as a coach or he would not be willing. He has had other offers that he refused.
Posters from the team down the river are quick to join the conversation and throw cold water on the fire knowing their recent dominance of the rivalry could come to a quick termination. They would love to see the current Ironton regime stay in place. All Ironton opponents would.
One said "nothing has changed there in the last 50yrs". Better look again. Coming into 1968, Ironton was lucky to win 3 games a year. Bob Bruney was hired and he turned Ironton into the winning program that Bob Lutz inherited. When it changed in the last 50years is when the current head coach/regime took the helm.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

^^^^^^
"A quick termination" ? Pretty sure Burg wins big this upcoming season no matter who gets hired.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Gone Country wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 pm My sources (reliable sources) informed that Coach Triplett is willing and waiting to come on board as an assistant with Trevon Pendleton should he be awarded the Ironton job. What this would provide is knowledge of the Ironton athletic system and the community as a whole not to mention his ability as a coach and mentor to a bright young man that is eager to start his own career and legacy as a high school footbal coach. Coach Triplett certainly believes in Trevon's drive and prospects as a coach or he would not be willing. He has had other offers that he refused.
Posters from the team down the river are quick to join the conversation and throw cold water on the fire knowing their recent dominance of the rivalry could come to a quick termination. They would love to see the current Ironton regime stay in place. All Ironton opponents would.
One said "nothing has changed there in the last 50yrs". Better look again. Coming into 1968, Ironton was lucky to win 3 games a year. Bob Bruney was hired and he turned Ironton into the winning program that Bob Lutz inherited. When it changed in the last 50years is when the current head coach/regime took the helm.
That sounds like a great plan, I would be onboard with that.

Return to “Football”