2018 Ironton Head football coach

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by BBALL99 »

I really doubt if too many established coaches would want to deal with the headaches that come with coaching at Ironton.

As far as Hall is concerned he would be crazy to leave Jackson for the reason stated above.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BBALL99 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 am I really doubt if too many established coaches would want to deal with the headaches that come with coaching at Ironton.

As far as Hall is concerned he would be crazy to leave Jackson for the reason stated above.
Really just let the job be posted and count the resumes. A coach would be crazy to pass up the talent that runs through Ironton.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Game day wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 am
BBALL99 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 am I really doubt if too many established coaches would want to deal with the headaches that come with coaching at Ironton.

Really just let the job be posted and count the resumes. A coach would be crazy to pass up the talent that runs through Ironton.
Ironton is NOT a better situation that Jackson today. Maybe 10-20-30 years ago. In 2018 not even close

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:25 am

Ironton is NOT a better situation that Jackson today. Maybe 10-20-30 years ago. In 2018 not even close
I agree 100% with you all about coach hall and Jackson is a much better place than Ironton right now. We can thank our superintendent, school board and athletic director for this.
There will be no changes at Ironton bc school board and athletic director don’t want to make any changes. They are content with everything going on and think we just have average kids in our school system and that the kids don’t deserve anything better than what they have.
Please don’t waste your time or your breath on this website or at any school board meetings because they will not do anything about it. I am deeply saddened that most Ironton people continue to sit around and do nothing and put up with all this. I feel really bad for the kids that have to go to school there. If your smart you will take your kids somewhere else.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Board meeting tonight on the agenda is the head football coaching position.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Is the agenda online somewhere?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:02 am he has the facilities 2nd to none, the enrollment, the players, the luxury of not following one of ohio high schools premier football coaches.

Coach Vass is one of Ohio high schools premier football coaches ??
I'M TALKING ABOUT NOT HAVING IN TO TAKE OVER AFTER A BOB LUTZ.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I AGREE 100%. THE HORSES ARE THERE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

In 2018 Ironton has the same "horses" they had in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and early 2000s ?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Excuse me while I troll a bit.

The racehorses and thoroughbreds are located about 18 miles west of Ironton.

The circus or festival horses that the kids ride around the ring won't win you a lot of games.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm Excuse me while I troll a bit.

The circus or festival horses that the kids ride around the ring won't win you a lot of games.
Can’t be a troll if you’re right :mrgreen:

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Any news from the board meeting?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I hear you but Ironton has plenty of talent. By the way the BOE decided to non renew supplemental contracts starting with fall sports at Ironton yesterday.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Game day wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:56 pm

I hear you but Ironton has plenty of talent. By the way the BOE decided to non renew supplemental contracts starting with fall sports at Ironton yesterday.
I think most schools have plenty of talent, but to be consistent in football you have to have a program where everyone buys in; and it starts at the lowest levels. Foundation is crucial where the idea is to make everyone get better and everyone get a fun experience. Burg has a great foundation. It also breeds competition. If you want to play, you’ve got to work hard, accept your role, etc. As ironton has become a smaller community, they’ve lost some of that competition. They have two pee wee teams, where as burg has four.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Ironton has always had 2 pee wee teams at the A and B levels.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

So if they are non renewing all fall sports supplemental contracts then Vass is out. Any timing on when they will post the job? Need to hire someone very quickly. Getting late into the offseason.

Kids come First
Waterboy

Game day wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:56 pm

This is a good start. I didn’t think the school board or athletic director had it in them. I’ll have to compliment them on baseball hire as well. Now, lets get the kids a better head football coach.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Posting the job doesn't mean that Vass is out, he can still reapply.
Now you will see if anyone out there has any interest in job.

Kids come First
Waterboy

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 am Posting the job doesn't mean that Vass is out, he can still reapply.
Now you will see if anyone out there has any interest in job.
That is true!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like things are starting to work themselves out, just like I thought they would. Step two is in the books......

Go Tigers......

Return to “Football”