2018 Ironton Head football coach

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Buramgerdin wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:58 am It must be Mark Snyder leaving FSU to return to Ironton. LMAO
Would be nice but not hardly lol

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 pm
Buramgerdin wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:58 am It must be Mark Snyder leaving FSU to return to Ironton. LMAO
Would be nice but not hardly lol
I hope it’s the guy from Jackson or Wheelersburg they would be a huge upgrade but Barrow guy from Boyd County would be a huge disappointment. We would be better off keeping Vass if it is him.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Vass will still be the Head Coach, if the they hire the new staff that I heard about, people should be happy with them.
They will help in turning things around.

Kids come First
Waterboy

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:06 am The Fighting Tigers are going to be just fine, hearing some good things. Everyone needs to hold their horses and let things pan out. I can’t wait to see people’s reactions when things come to fruition, it’s going to be good.
Your opinion of fruition and mine might not be the same. But I honestly believe you know who it is or what is going to happen because you have to be close to lafon since you post on here every basketball score. I hope Maverick is wrong and it does include keeping Vass with new assistants because new assistants is not going to help him especially the ones I have heard. He has had his chance and it’s time for a change!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Kids come First wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:54 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:06 am The Fighting Tigers are going to be just fine, hearing some good things. Everyone needs to hold their horses and let things pan out. I can’t wait to see people’s reactions when things come to fruition, it’s going to be good.
Your opinion of fruition and mine might not be the same. But I honestly believe you know who it is or what is going to happen because you have to be close to lafon since you post on here every basketball score. I hope Maverick is wrong and it does include keeping Vass with new assistants because new assistants is not going to help him especially the ones I have heard. He has had his chance and it’s time for a change!
I’m not close to Lafon at all, I post scores for girls and Boys Basketball and Football. I keep up with most of the Sports programs. I do know someone that’s very close to the program, an insider if you will. Things are going to be ok......

Kids come First
Waterboy

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:18 pm
Kids come First wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:54 pm
I’m not close to Lafon at all, I post scores for girls and Boys Basketball and Football. I keep up with most of the Sports programs. I do know someone that’s very close to the program, an insider if you will. Things are going to be ok......
I sure hope your right

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I think it is time for the OBDTF.(Old Broken Down Tiger Fans) to get out of the nursing home they are in and have a little luncheon and invite all these people to the meeting and we could get all these personnel problems solved........back in the day we could solve these issues in one meeting without waiting for a board meeting or jobs to be posted.........these fellas solved many issues along with the PineTreeGang without stepping on too many toes.......I just happen to know the right person to contact and get the ball rolling and I see many good things in the works for the Tiger Nation......

Kids come First
Waterboy

BubbleGumTiger wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:50 pm I think it is time for the OBDTF.(Old Broken Down Tiger Fans) to get out of the nursing home they are in and have a little luncheon and invite all these people to the meeting and we could get all these personnel problems solved........back in the day we could solve these issues in one meeting without waiting for a board meeting or jobs to be posted.........these fellas solved many issues along with the PineTreeGang without stepping on too many toes.......I just happen to know the right person to contact and get the ball rolling and I see many good things in the works for the Tiger Nation......
The more the merrier. I believe next school board meeting is this Monday 5:30 at high school auditorium.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

New assistants give me a break Vass is the problem he has no leader ship skills and he is lazy!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BubbleGumTiger wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:50 pm I think it is time for the OBDTF.(Old Broken Down Tiger Fans) to get out of the nursing home they are in and have a little luncheon and invite all these people to the meeting and we could get all these personnel problems solved........back in the day we could solve these issues in one meeting without waiting for a board meeting or jobs to be posted.........these fellas solved many issues along with the PineTreeGang without stepping on too many toes.......I just happen to know the right person to contact and get the ball rolling and I see many good things in the works for the Tiger Nation......
Haha, yes you do my friend.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that sounds like a grand idea bubble gum.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Kids come First
Waterboy

If this who they are mentioning from Jackson that might be interested in Ironton job. He has an impressive resume. Why wouldn’t Ironton be interested in him coaching instead of Vass.

Andy Hall

2009: 7-3
2010: 9-2 (SEOAL Champs, Regional Quarterfinalist)
2011: 11-1 (SEOAL Champs, Regional Semifinalist)
2012: 5-5
2013: 6-4
2014: 11-1 (SEOAL Champs, Regional Semifinalist)
2015: 11-2 (SEOAL Champs, Regional Finalist)
2016: 6-4 (SEOAL Champs)
2017: 8-3 (Regional Quarterfinalist)

Overall record of 74-25 in 9 seasons, including a playoff record of 4-5. Hall is the all-time leader in coaching wins at Jackson.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Kids come First wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:35 am If this who they are mentioning from Jackson that might be interested in Ironton job. He has an impressive resume. Why wouldn’t Ironton be interested in him coaching instead of Vass.

Andy Hall

2009: 7-3
2010: 9-2 (SEOAL Champs, Regional Quarterfinalist)
2011: 11-1 (SEOAL Champs, Regional Semifinalist)
2012: 5-5
2013: 6-4
2014: 11-1 (SEOAL Champs, Regional Semifinalist)
2015: 11-2 (SEOAL Champs, Regional Finalist)
2016: 6-4 (SEOAL Champs)
2017: 8-3 (Regional Quarterfinalist)

Overall record of 74-25 in 9 seasons, including a playoff record of 4-5. Hall is the all-time leader in coaching wins at Jackson.
Things may have changed but the last time I spoke to coach Hall he was very happy at Jackson.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’d be a bit surprised.

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Nobody on the varsity staff at Wheelersburg is interested in the Ironton job.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I know andy personally. and I see no reason that he would want to leave Jackson for ironton. I honestly don't. and the Jackson fans love him. and he lives in the wheelersburg/Jackson area.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

he has the facilities 2nd to none, the enrollment, the players, the luxury of not following one of ohio high schools premier football coaches.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

If coach hall is your plan , I would advise to also have a backup plan .

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:02 am he has the facilities 2nd to none, the enrollment, the players, the luxury of not following one of ohio high schools premier football coaches.

Coach Vass is one of Ohio high schools premier football coaches ??

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

I don't think that would be too wise on Coach Hall's part if he left Jackson for Ironton. He has everything he needs at Jackson, facilities,, support, an established program. Plus he has 3-4 upcoming classes that are really strong and if I'm not mistaken he has a transfer QB that will be coming in this year that is pretty good.

Ironton will never be the Ironton of old that was under Lutz. Yes Ironton will win the OVC most years and win a playoff game or two but it will be very hard winning a state championship again. Bringing in new assistants may help Vass. I know it's his program and he has to take responsibility for it but having good assistants makes a world of difference for a head coach. Going 10-0 every year is hard these days for any program especially with declining enrollment at Ironton.

Return to “Football”