Hypotheticall Matchup: 2017 Wheelersburg vs 2001 Portsmouth

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Re: Hypotheticall Matchup: 2017 Wheelersburg vs 2001 Portsmouth

Post by #ReachHigher »

Portsmouth98 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:13 pm
#ReachHigher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:22 pm
Portsmouth98 wrote:
You may want to start another thread....this one is 2017 Burg vs 2001 Trojans. No one said anything about the 00 defense. I did talk about the 01 defense, and yes the 2001 defense was sub-par compared to this 17 Burg unit. Different teams, yes I know, but if we are being hypothetical like the post says, then numbers do count. We heard the same thing about running attack for 3 weeks and they all got shut down. Bottom line is, there is no way to know. Kind of a pointless thread in my opinion.
You are correct sir, I saw a lot of people mentioning 00 and 01 and I thought the topic was either / or.

Defense and Oline were really bad early in 01, but got better by the end of the year, especially against the run. They could be thrown on though, as Waverly and Licking Valley showed in the playoffs, still a great team and could definitely win but 'Burg would be the favorite for sure.
You are correct though. The 00 squad was the better of the 2 by far and it’s not even close. The best Trojan team ever in my opinion

Return to “Football”