Will the state championship be held in Cleveland????

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Will the state championship be held in Cleveland????

Post by farmer8 »

Thoughts???????????

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
comebacker
Riding the Bench

Re: Will the state championship be held in Cleveland????

Post by comebacker »

Hearing good things about Cleveland

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Not the mistake on the lake!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I heard it’s between Cleveland and Pomeroy for the 2020 state championships.

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:17 am I heard it’s between Cleveland and Pomeroy for the 2020 state championships.
old meigs stadium

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Has Cincinnati or Dayton ever been considered for the championship round since the playoffs began in 1972? Tired of all the title games being played in the Northeast when they are not in Columbus.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

It would be awesome if the people trying to get historic Spartan Stadium renovated, could get the backers and make it a top notch facility and southern Ohio get a part of the action in a Historic NFL Stadium. That would be a long shot. But it would be cool.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:36 am It would be awesome if the people trying to get historic Spartan Stadium renovated, could get the backers and make it a top notch facility and southern Ohio get a part of the action in a Historic NFL Stadium. That would be a long shot. But it would be cool.
That would be great. Too bad it fell into the shape it is in, but it be worth a fix up if the OHSAA gave an indication they would be willing to hold the finals there.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 pm Has Cincinnati or Dayton ever been considered for the championship round since the playoffs began in 1972? Tired of all the title games being played in the Northeast when they are not in Columbus.
I've often wondered this, never really thought much about Dayton but Cincinnati I always questioned why we don't see it there. Let's face it though they need to just keep it in Columbus, maybe not necessarily OSU but in central location at least.

JP---Yeah it would be pretty neat and historic to see it in Spartan Stadium would never happen. I love when high school kids and if pee wee kids can play in that stadium they love it because they're playing in a stadium where NFL team once played.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

be hard to get it out of Stark County with the new stadium.......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

After this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised to see OHSAA back out of Canton for 2018. Attendance is going to be way down. I'd be surprised if D-1 draws 10K.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Pickerington brings a good crowd wherever they play and Mentor being a public in NE Ohio so I would guess it will be easily be over 10k.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I always thought Mapfre Stadium (soon to be vacant home of Columbus Crew) would be a good site for the OHSAA football finals. 10-15k people there would be a better atmosphere as opposed to same amount of people in Ohio Stadium.*

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Attendance for first game looked very sparse! Winton Woods brought practically no one, which is probably normal for them.

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

I think East Shade River Stadium would be a great venue for the State title games

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:56 pm I always thought Mapfre Stadium (soon to be vacant home of Columbus Crew) would be a good site for the OHSAA football finals. 10-15k people there would be a better atmosphere as opposed to same amount of people in Ohio Stadium.*
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS AS THEY KEEP PLAYING GAMES BETWEEN THE POWERS THAT BE HERE IN COLUMBUS AND CANTON. THE CITY LEAGUE SCHOOLS WHEN THEY MAKE IT FROM CINCINNATI/DAYTON AREA ETC. NEVER BRING ANYONE. THE SMALLER SCHOOL GAMES WITH TEAMS FROM SOUTHERN OHIO ALONG WITH THEIR COUNTERPARTS FROM AROUND THE STATE WILL HAVE ALTOGETHER MAYBE 7,000-9,000 FANS MOST OF THE TIME ALL IN. THE BIG CATHOLIC SCHOOLS (MOELLER AND ST. X) BRING A LOT OF ALUMS AND FANS AS THEY'VE GOT PEOPLE SCATTERED ACROSS THE STATE WITH AS MANY AS THEY GRADUATE BUT THEY'RE DOING A DISSERVICE TO THE REST OF THE STATE BY DOING THIS. MAPFRE STADIUM WOULD BE THE PERFECT PLACE WITH AMPLE PARKING, EASY IN AND OUT/ACCESS AND IT WOULDN'T BE ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH OSU BUT THAT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE. THEY'LL PROBABLY TEAR IT DOWN AND MAKE IT A PARKING LOT WHEN THE CREW LEAVES. MONEY TALKS AND YOU KNOW WHAT WALKS. JUST MY OPINION.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:10 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:56 pm I always thought Mapfre Stadium (soon to be vacant home of Columbus Crew) would be a good site for the OHSAA football finals. 10-15k people there would be a better atmosphere as opposed to same amount of people in Ohio Stadium.*
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS AS THEY KEEP PLAYING GAMES BETWEEN THE POWERS THAT BE HERE IN COLUMBUS AND CANTON. THE CITY LEAGUE SCHOOLS WHEN THEY MAKE IT FROM CINCINNATI/DAYTON AREA ETC. NEVER BRING ANYONE. THE SMALLER SCHOOL GAMES WITH TEAMS FROM SOUTHERN OHIO ALONG WITH THEIR COUNTERPARTS FROM AROUND THE STATE WILL HAVE ALTOGETHER MAYBE 7,000-9,000 FANS MOST OF THE TIME ALL IN. THE BIG CATHOLIC SCHOOLS (MOELLER AND ST. X) BRING A LOT OF ALUMS AND FANS AS THEY'VE GOT PEOPLE SCATTERED ACROSS THE STATE WITH AS MANY AS THEY GRADUATE BUT THEY'RE DOING A DISSERVICE TO THE REST OF THE STATE BY DOING THIS. MAPFRE STADIUM WOULD BE THE PERFECT PLACE WITH AMPLE PARKING, EASY IN AND OUT/ACCESS AND IT WOULDN'T BE ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH OSU BUT THAT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE. THEY'LL PROBABLY TEAR IT DOWN AND MAKE IT A PARKING LOT WHEN THE CREW LEAVES. MONEY TALKS AND YOU KNOW WHAT WALKS. JUST MY OPINION.
Probably of no surprise to anyone, I must agree with FOS on this issue. It would absolutely make complete sense to have these games played there, in a first class facility with easy in-and-out and ample parking, unlike Canton.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Cleveland?? Seriously?? Why don't they just move the darn thing out of state and make people drive 10 to 15 hours for a HIGH SCHOOL football game. Or maybe find a place in the farthest corners of the state so teams from the other corner have to drive the entire state to play a game. Biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard.

There is no logical reason to not have the championships in Columbus, the CENTER of the state. But the OHSAA doesn't give a rats ass about the fans or people having to put in 8 to 10 hours of driving time in possible inclement weather because all they care about is the almighty dollar. There are several stadiums in Columbus that can handle these games and the most logical would be The Shoe.

State championships in Cleveland - Dumbest darn thought to ever go through the feeble minds of the OHSAA.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

IMO the state championships will be Back in the Shoe in 2020

Burg grad 85
Cannoli137
Waterboy

Post by Cannoli137 »

Canton was a mess this year because of all the construction, Stadium is really nice, lol. Parking was at the Fairgrounds , people were unhappy about waiting 30-40 minutes for the ride to the stadium. We paid $20 & parked in someone’s yard & walk 2 blocks to the stadium.
Championship games are scheduled to be in Canton again next year, then back to Columbus in 2019.
Living in the Eastern part of the state, Canton is just a short drive & very convenient. With that said, I’d love to see the games being played at different venues every year.

Return to “Football”