State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by BurgGrad6 »

If either team scores 28 points they win the game..

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good Luck Wheelersburg Pirates!
——————————————————————
Get it while you’re hot!

Bring it south

&

Show’em what you got!

A blazin super duper cannon shot!

Get’em while you’re Hot!!!
—————————————————————

GO BURG GO!!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Isn't raceland orange and black.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

victor creed wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:47 am Isn't raceland orange and black.
They sure are

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

https://youtu.be/XOX1Tm5qpNQ

It’s been a tough year & a half in Florida and have had no time to keep up with FB. I never EVER thought I’d say that, but Im surviving one heckuva challenge I thought would never come my way.
You can never be To prepared for what life may bring, but it brought out the fighter in me!
A fighter that growing up in Southeast Ohio instills in all of us!
After talking with my brother on the phone on Thanksgiving he mentioned that he thought Wheelersburg was in the finals!
So, as a lifelong supporter of IHS FB, I’m also a supporter of Wheelersburg football, especially when they are representing southeast Ohio!
I just logged on and caught up with where I left off, which was week 3.
I’m very excited for The Burg and all of its fans and community as I’ve read about the past hour about the season. Reading write ups from the playoff games & about Eastwood!
I didn’t even know the site of the finals had changed from Columbus to Canton, & just in time! What an incredible facility to play in at the hall of fame stadium!

I wish the BURG the best of luck and will be rooting for you from Orlando.
ENJOY all that is happening to your community and take every second of it in.
Life can be very cruel at times and can take a person completely out of their mindset. I was able to make it through a huge hurdle in life and come out on both feet!

So, I just wanted to say! Go BURG!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg4 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:09 pm Good writeup on the upcoming game

http://www.sent-trib.com/sports/high_sc ... 67ffd.html

Good article but who is Clint Lowery???

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Secret weapon

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 pm
victor creed wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:07 pm Ytb. If I am not mistaken pemberville Eastwood is the eagles. There was some discussion on here earlier about the 89 team scoring 15 points to advance in the state semi's. Like this years team. Well the team burg played in 89. Was the. Warren JFK........wait for it. Eagles

Also in 89 there were two local teams playing for a state title in Burg and Ironton. This year there are two local teams again, Burg and Raceland.
I think Spring Valley is playing for a WV championship too. Don’t know if they are considered local or not but they are close...

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

QB SNEAK wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:31 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 pm
victor creed wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:07 pm Ytb. If I am not mistaken pemberville Eastwood is the eagles. There was some discussion on here earlier about the 89 team scoring 15 points to advance in the state semi's. Like this years team. Well the team burg played in 89. Was the. Warren JFK........wait for it. Eagles

Also in 89 there were two local teams playing for a state title in Burg and Ironton. This year there are two local teams again, Burg and Raceland.
I think Spring Valley is playing for a WV championship too. Don’t know if they are considered local or not but they are close...
They are tri-state area. Go rams and timberwolves

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:59 pm
Burg4 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:09 pm Good writeup on the upcoming game

http://www.sent-trib.com/sports/high_sc ... 67ffd.html

Good article but who is Clint Lowery???
He’s Cole’s alter ego and boy do you not want to be on his bad side. Watch out Eagles!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 pm EASTWOOD 28-13(BURG WON'T BE ABLE TO TURN IT OFF AND ON LIKE THE LAST TWO WEEKS). IF IT'S RUN, RUN, RUN THEN IT'LL BE A BORING GAME BUT SOMEBODY'S GOTTA WIN. TOW GOOD DEFENSES BUT LET'S THROW SOME GUYS AND OPEN UP THE PLAYBOOK.

What makes you think Eastwood will put up 28 on this Pirate defense?? It looks like they are basically a one back team (40 carries last week). Burg will key on him and shut him down. Remember, Burg don’t come at you with 2-3 defenders they hit you with 7-8
JUST A HUNCH. I THOUGHT SOUTH RANGE DURING THE YEAR WAS THE ODDS ON FAVORITE TO WIN AND EASTWOOD SHUT THEM DOWN ALMOST COMPLETELY AND THEY HAD A GOOD MIX OF PASSING/RUNNING ALL YEAR LONG (SOUTH RANGE). THE OLD COACH FOR WAUSEON (WHEN THEY BEAT IRONTON BACK IN 93 FINALS) SAYS IN THE NEWSPAPER UP THERE THAT THE EASTWOOD DEFENSE THIS YEAR IS THE BEST HE'S SEEN IN HIS WHOLE CAREER (MEDIUM/SMALL SCHOOL) IN THE STATE. THAT'S A HUGE STATEMENT. I DON'T THINK BURG CAN RUN ON THEM CONSISTENTLY SO THE PASSING WILL HAVE TO PICK UP A BIT. I WATCHED THE ACADEMY GAME IN PERSON AND THAT 1ST HALF WAS STUNNING TO ME WITH DROPPED BALLS IN THE PASSING GAME AND PENALTIES. ACADEMY JUST GOT WORN DOWN THE SECOND HALF (NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS) AND EASTWOOD GOES THE WHOLE GAME AND FLY TO THE BALL ON DEFENSE. IF BURG'S GOING TO WIN THEY'LL NEED TO THROW BECAUSE SOUTH RANGE LAST WEEK HAD A VERY GOOD PASSING GAME BUT WAS COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN. WE'LL SEE, I'LL BE LISTENING ON THE RADIO.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:39 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 pm EASTWOOD 28-13(BURG WON'T BE ABLE TO TURN IT OFF AND ON LIKE THE LAST TWO WEEKS). IF IT'S RUN, RUN, RUN THEN IT'LL BE A BORING GAME BUT SOMEBODY'S GOTTA WIN. TOW GOOD DEFENSES BUT LET'S THROW SOME GUYS AND OPEN UP THE PLAYBOOK.

What makes you think Eastwood will put up 28 on this Pirate defense?? It looks like they are basically a one back team (40 carries last week). Burg will key on him and shut him down. Remember, Burg don’t come at you with 2-3 defenders they hit you with 7-8
JUST A HUNCH. I THOUGHT SOUTH RANGE DURING THE YEAR WAS THE ODDS ON FAVORITE TO WIN AND EASTWOOD SHUT THEM DOWN ALMOST COMPLETELY AND THEY HAD A GOOD MIX OF PASSING/RUNNING ALL YEAR LONG (SOUTH RANGE). THE OLD COACH FOR WAUSEON (WHEN THEY BEAT IRONTON BACK IN 93 FINALS) SAYS IN THE NEWSPAPER UP THERE THAT THE EASTWOOD DEFENSE THIS YEAR IS THE BEST HE'S SEEN IN HIS WHOLE CAREER (MEDIUM/SMALL SCHOOL) IN THE STATE. THAT'S A HUGE STATEMENT. I DON'T THINK BURG CAN RUN ON THEM CONSISTENTLY SO THE PASSING WILL HAVE TO PICK UP A BIT. I WATCHED THE ACADEMY GAME IN PERSON AND THAT 1ST HALF WAS STUNNING TO ME WITH DROPPED BALLS IN THE PASSING GAME AND PENALTIES. ACADEMY JUST GOT WORN DOWN THE SECOND HALF (NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS) AND EASTWOOD GOES THE WHOLE GAME AND FLY TO THE BALL ON DEFENSE. IF BURG'S GOING TO WIN THEY'LL NEED TO THROW BECAUSE SOUTH RANGE LAST WEEK HAD A VERY GOOD PASSING GAME BUT WAS COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN. WE'LL SEE, I'LL BE LISTENING ON THE RADIO.
What was Genoa able to do in order to put 31 on them?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

RIVALRY AND I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT (OSU/MICH, ALA/AUBURN, ETC.)

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

MARION PLEASANT BEAT GENOA 48-21 IN THE 1ST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS AND THEN EASTWOOD BEAT PLEASANT 35-0 SO THERE IS NO RHYME NOR REASON SO BY THAT COMPARISON EASTWOOD IS 52 POINTS BETTER THAN GENOA. THAT'S WHY YA GOTTA BUCKLE'EM UP EVERY WEEKEND

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

No juggies will be allowed at this game so the Pirates will be screaming and a stomping all game! GO PIRATES!!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

all about the matchups and whether you have the personnel and scheme to exploit your opponents weaknesses

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Piratefan2 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm No juggies will be allowed at this game so the Pirates will be screaming and a stomping all game! GO PIRATES!!!!
Best news I've heard all week. :lol:

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:39 pm

That’s all about perspective. Most everyone in burg believes this is the best defense that burg has ever had. I agree with them. They are really good especially against the run. This one is a matchup that favors neither team with both teams being outstanding defensively. It’s more than likely going to come down to field position and turnovers. I think burgs only advantage is in special teams, which Could be the difference in burg pulling it out because even as good as Eastwood back is they aren’t an explosive offense. That’s what cost Madison from moving on.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

What are the restrictions for taking things into the stadium Has anyone heard . If they are shuttleing people from the fair grounds you don't want to take thing they won't let you in with,

Return to “Football”