State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

comebacker wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 am This game is going to be FANTASTIC. 1st you have the defending state CHAMPS against the team who many considered the DAVID of all of O-H-I-O... Winner is a champ, loser goes in the pit of misery, DILLY DILLY
You need to stay off the sauce before posting. Who is the defending state champs in this one? They have one title between them and that was Burg in 89

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:27 am what is eastwoods nickname gang.
Pemberville Pansies hopefully haha. But if you’re asking a serious question it’s the Eagles
Last edited by #ReachHigher on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Ytb. If I am not mistaken pemberville Eastwood is the eagles. There was some discussion on here earlier about the 89 team scoring 15 points to advance in the state semi's. Like this years team. Well the team burg played in 89. Was the. Warren JFK........wait for it. Eagles

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

victor creed wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:07 pm Ytb. If I am not mistaken pemberville Eastwood is the eagles. There was some discussion on here earlier about the 89 team scoring 15 points to advance in the state semi's. Like this years team. Well the team burg played in 89. Was the. Warren JFK........wait for it. Eagles
WOW mind blown! Is is Destiny....?
We shall see Friday! Can’t wait!! Go Burg!!!

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Da_Burg wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:42 pm
victor creed wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:07 pm Ytb. If I am not mistaken pemberville Eastwood is the eagles. There was some discussion on here earlier about the 89 team scoring 15 points to advance in the state semi's. Like this years team. Well the team burg played in 89. Was the. Warren JFK........wait for it. Eagles
Makes for a good story but I don’t go for that mumbo jumbo. Burg has gotten to this stage by playing outstanding defense and solid offense. This is not the 89 team. They’ve not won anything yet. If burg goes out and plays a mistake free game, I’m confident they will be in the game all the way to the end. This burg team is legit and is going to be a handful for Eastwood.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Would be even more mind blowing if we win 14-7

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

#ReachHigher wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:58 pm
Would be even more mind blowing if we win 14-7
wouldn't that be something

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thanks gang.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

I'd be surprised if there were any sustained drives in this game the way both defenses play. I look for a field position game like the one against Madison. Turnovers and special teams might decide it.
Good Luck Pirates. Do what you do.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

69.5 hours til kickoff

GO BURG!

SkyRocketMedia
Waterboy

Post by SkyRocketMedia »

8332 Granite St wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:17 pm Is skyrocket media gonna film any high lights for the championship? Gonna buy the DVD they put out for the season hope they get to include some footage of state game.
Go Burg!
We will definitely be at the game and putting highlights up online! The DVD is a different story since they don't allow sales of playoff games but you all will get to see the highlights for sure!

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

2017 SOC I I CHAMPIONS 2017 DIVISION V REGION 19 CHAMPIONS 2017 DIVISION V STATE FINALIST! The BURG has won a bunch this year and I forgot 14 and 0. WE ARE THE BURG! I am proud of this team. Thanks for a great ride this year. Go finish what you started.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Also in 89 there were two local teams playing for a state title in Burg and Ironton. This year there are two local teams again, Burg and Raceland.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

SkyRocketMedia wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:55 pm
8332 Granite St wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:17 pm Is skyrocket media gonna film any high lights for the championship? Gonna buy the DVD they put out for the season hope they get to include some footage of state game.
Go Burg!
We will definitely be at the game and putting highlights up online! The DVD is a different story since they don't allow sales of playoff games but you all will get to see the highlights for sure!

That's great we get to see the highlights. You guys do a fantastic job. Bummer about the playoff footage I was really looking forward to that being on the DVD as well. You could always sell the season highlight DVD and give the playoffs DVD for free to anyone who gets the season DVD ;)

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

EASTWOOD 28-13(BURG WON'T BE ABLE TO TURN IT OFF AND ON LIKE THE LAST TWO WEEKS). IF IT'S RUN, RUN, RUN THEN IT'LL BE A BORING GAME BUT SOMEBODY'S GOTTA WIN. TOW GOOD DEFENSES BUT LET'S THROW SOME GUYS AND OPEN UP THE PLAYBOOK.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Well this may be my last chance to sit still and post so no predictions but I did predict that wheelersburg would be here this week and I'll be there supporting them!!!! Good luck to the Pirates and have a safe journey to Canton!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Looking back on this season, I don’t think there was one sustaining scoring drive by a team that started on their side of the fifty. West had a long touchdown after a broken tackle and waverly might of had a couple of long passes completed that led to a score, but other than that I think all other scores and as few as they were came from turnovers by the pirates or something else that gave the other teams short fields. If Eastwood would win, it would be because they have the most powerful run team burg has faced all year, but no team has been able to run against the Pirates. This will be the deciding factor. Can Eastwood sustain long drives that end up in points? Because I think Burg will execute their offense better this week. I don’t see them turning it over like the Madison game.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:56 am Looking back on this season, I don’t think there was one sustaining scoring drive by a team that started on their side of the fifty. West had a long touchdown after a broken tackle and waverly might of had a couple of long passes completed that led to a score, but other than that I think all other scores and as few as they were came from turnovers by the pirates or something else that gave the other teams short fields. If Eastwood would win, it would be because they have the most powerful run team burg has faced all year, but no team has been able to run against the Pirates. This will be the deciding factor. Can Eastwood sustain long drives that end up in points? Because I think Burg will execute their offense better this week. I don’t see them turning it over like the Madison game.
Looks like the weather should be great for December in canton
Mid 40’s partly cloudy. Hopefully burg can get there passing game clicking like it was earlier in the season. I really don’t worry to much about the D.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:56 am Looking back on this season, I don’t think there was one sustaining scoring drive by a team that started on their side of the fifty. West had a long touchdown after a broken tackle and waverly might of had a couple of long passes completed that led to a score, but other than that I think all other scores and as few as they were came from turnovers by the pirates or something else that gave the other teams short fields. If Eastwood would win, it would be because they have the most powerful run team burg has faced all year, but no team has been able to run against the Pirates. This will be the deciding factor. Can Eastwood sustain long drives that end up in points? Because I think Burg will execute their offense better this week. I don’t see them turning it over like the Madison game.
The last team that was able to run on the Burg was Coshocton on long drive and score before that I would have to say that Coldwater and Hartley did it. Thats 3 teams in 3years thats pretty darn good. I have watched Eastwood on video but on video it is hard to gauge their size but they look to be about the same size as Burg. The o-line comes off the line good and blocks down hill well but IMO that havent faced a team like Burgs all year and I think Burg has faced similiar teams in the past 2 weeks to het us ready . So I like our chances and good luck to both teams hope for a injury free ballgame and GO BURG! STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BABYYYYYYY!!!

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 pm EASTWOOD 28-13(BURG WON'T BE ABLE TO TURN IT OFF AND ON LIKE THE LAST TWO WEEKS). IF IT'S RUN, RUN, RUN THEN IT'LL BE A BORING GAME BUT SOMEBODY'S GOTTA WIN. TOW GOOD DEFENSES BUT LET'S THROW SOME GUYS AND OPEN UP THE PLAYBOOK.

What makes you think Eastwood will put up 28 on this Pirate defense?? It looks like they are basically a one back team (40 carries last week). Burg will key on him and shut him down. Remember, Burg don’t come at you with 2-3 defenders they hit you with 7-8

Return to “Football”