RACELAND, KY RAMS PLAYING FOR STATE TITLE AS WELL

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RACELAND, KY RAMS PLAYING FOR STATE TITLE AS WELL

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IRONTON'S LONG TIME ASSISTANT MARK LEWIS WHO WAS WITH THE FIGHTING TIGERS FOR 2 STATE TITLES IN 79/89 AND LIKE 6/7 MORE STATE APPEARANCES IS GETTING TO PLAY FOR YET ANOTHER STATE TITLE AS HE IS AN ASSISTANT COACH NOW FOR YEARS WITH THE RACELAND RAMS.SO NOTHING IS GOING TO INTIMIDATE HIM HERE. GOOD LUCK GUYS. FANTASTIC MAN IS MARK. KINDA A LOOSE CANNON, BUT THAT'S WHY WE LOVED HIM. GO RAMS WIN IT ALL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: RACELAND, KY RAMS PLAYING FOR STATE TITLE AS WELL

I remember when raceland was so poor they had to share helmets.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Good luck raceland

SOC 1
highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

Raceland is an excellent example of how to build a great school when resources have dried up. It starts with a good scholastic attitude & builds sports from Little League up. Go Rams!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The Rams are playing Beechwood. Would like nothing more than to see the Rams beat them and beat them badly.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Would not shock me to see a running clock for Beechwood.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Yeah Beechwood is supposedly really good. Raceland is tough. Does show the difference between Ohio and Kentucky though. I thought West was quite a bit better than Raceland and here they are playing for a state title.

Raceland is very similar to Wheelersburg on how they win. They are in a great geographic location. They are surrounded by Greenup and Fairview. They draw bunches of kids from both, even some from Boyd County who don't want to wait for their turn at Ashland.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:58 pm Yeah Beechwood is supposedly really good. Raceland is tough. Does show the difference between Ohio and Kentucky though. I thought West was quite a bit better than Raceland and here they are playing for a state title.

Raceland is very similar to Wheelersburg on how they win. They are in a great geographic location. They are surrounded by Greenup and Fairview. They draw bunches of kids from both, even some from Boyd County who don't want to wait for their turn at Ashland.
Your envy is oozing all throughout this post. Nothing but ignorant drivel.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

West was lucky to beat Raceland. West does not want to play Raceland again this year. If I recall, Raceland stomped the pizz out of West last year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:16 pm
Westfan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:58 pm Yeah Beechwood is supposedly really good. Raceland is tough. Does show the difference between Ohio and Kentucky though. I thought West was quite a bit better than Raceland and here they are playing for a state title.

Really? Care to explain why?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Really? Care to explain why?
Why certainly. First let us look at your second paragraph. Is there any reason why you had to try and make Burg and Raceland seem like they aren’t a good program? Only products of their geographical location? I mean seriously. You can’t give a nod to a team who has surpassed what your team has done. That’s envy.

Secondly, you stated that West was “quite a bit better than Raceland”. How do you figure? The score was pretty darn close if I remember correctly. West had to score late in the 4th to go ahead. That’s not quite a bit better in many books. Maybe on the West side it is.

Lastly. You can find joy in this one, just think. You guys beat the state runner up in Kentucky. If you played there, you could be the State Runner up.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Wouldnt West be in the same class as Belfry? If so they are an early out, in the Kentucky playoffs.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Raceland is playing for a Class 1 A State Championship, That's the small class in Kentucky.
I hope they can win it. I have a friend who's kids go there.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no belfry is much bigger , raceland is in the smallest division if memory serves me right. belfry would be basically the same size as say Johnson central or Ashland n Russell.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 am no belfry is much bigger , raceland is in the smallest division if memory serves me right. belfry would be basically the same size as say Johnson central or Ashland n Russell.
He was comparing West to Ky divisions.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh okay.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

According to Joe Eitel
Raceland would be D6 if in Ohio
Russell would be D4
Boyd County would be D3
Ashland would be D2.
Johnson Central is not listed, but they are a big school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

interesting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if I'm not mistaken Johnson central is the entire county's school.
yeah, they're big.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Johnson Central is 4A, same as Ashland and Greenup. Belfry is 3A, same as Russell.

Belfry would destroy West year in and year out. Johnson Central would beat Burg most years. The last time Ironton beat Burg JC beat Ironton by 50.

Return to “Football”