State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by BigBlueNation »

Awesome! Congrats to them. Also seen Jakeb Guilkey from West was also 1st team.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:18 pm Holden receives Co-Offensive POY 1st Team All State WR
Trent Salyers 1st Team All State QB
Nic Parsley 1st Team All State DL
Xander Carmichael 1st Team All State LB
Jeremy Cooper 1st Team All State OL
http://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles/Ar ... -Announced
Don’t forget about Cole Lowery all state honorable mention.
Nice accolades for a great season to all of them. They know the job isn’t finished yet. One more rung on that ladder to climber. Reach Higher Pirates!!! We are all behind you!!

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Community send off for the team is 2pm Thursday. That's what I heard anyway. Should be fun for the team.
Go Burg!!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:18 pm Holden receives Co-Offensive POY 1st Team All State WR
Nice accolades for a great season to all of them. They know the job isn’t finished yet. One more rung on that ladder to climber. Reach Higher Pirates!!! We are all behind you!!
Yes. Didn’t mean to do that. I must have overlooked him going through the honorable mention list. Sorry. Congrats to him as well.

Question. Is this the most to ever be named 1st Team All Ohio in the same season?

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

That is impressive. 5 1st teamers from one school

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Congratulations to all of them. Honors well deserved! They have put together one of the finest seasons ever at Wheelersburg. A state title would just top it off.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Hopefully some of the guys from the 89 state title team will come and talk to the players this week. Let them know what it feels like to hoist that trophy in the air after a hard fought victory!!!!

It was a nice feeling to be driving down the highway and see the stadium lights on on November 27th from the boys practicing. Bring home the hardware boys. This town is behind you 100% win or lose.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BLANK75 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:28 pm It is definitely an honor to make it to the Championship Game! This bunch of Seniors say you can keep your honor. They won't accept anything but the hardware. You won't see a better defense than what Madison had. What it wiil come down to is 3 things. #1 Depth! Wheelersburg wears a good team out by kids going only 1 way and subbing in other players of equal ability. Look at #16 Salyers who caught the winning pass Friday. It was his first varsity reception all year but the coaching staff still had the confidence in him #2 Turnovers. They definitely change the momentum in the big games #3 Special Teams. Probably the most important. Look at the fumbled snap for Madison and the roughing the passer. The roughing the passer could have cost us the game!!! It didn't though because our defense rose above it. Anyway good luck too both teams on a injury free and great game!!!!!
Last edited by Jolly P(irate) on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I think this game will come down to who comes out and executes in the first quarter. In the Johnstown game burg played lights out and with their d it was game over. Against academy and madison burg did not execute well at all and it made the game interesting. If burg o can click early I like their chances.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think playing Madison in the state semi's and that defense they brought is just the thing Burg really needed. Defense we know what Burg is tough strong nose team that has played excellent against the run so far and really won deserve the game ball in the state semi. Offense however up until Madison, some will say CA but sorry when you flip to a power run game and score 35 in a half yeah I don't count that, hasn't had ANY problems moving the ball. Had time to pass the ball, running lanes, mismatches they took advantage of, but with Madison they're front line was so dominate it really effected the entire Burg offense. I think having that on film and playing/coaching in a game like that is something that will help Burg in this game. Now Burg has seen the speed on the outside in containing the Wrs against CA and the power of Madison that really just made things difficult for the running game and the QB. I love seeing games like that and teams having to overcome you come out the end and it makes you that much better. Going to go with Burg in a close one can see a 13-10, 17-13 score. GOOD LUCK GUYS bring it home.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:49 pm
BLANK75 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:28 pm It is definitely an honor to make it to the Championship Game! This bunch of Seniors say you can keep your honor. They won't accept anything but the hardware. You won't see a better defense than what Madison had. What it wiil come down to is 3 things. #1 Depth! Wheelersburg wears a good team out by kids going only 1 way and subbing in other players of equal ability. Look at #16 Salyers who caught the winning pass Friday. It was his first varsity reception all year but the coaching staff still had the confidence in him #2 Turnovers. They definitely change the momentum in the big games #3 Special Teams. Probably the most important. Look at the fumbled snap for Madison and the roughing the passer. The roughing the passer could have cost us the game!!! It didn't though because our defense rose above it. Anyway good luck too both teams on a injury free and great game!!!!!
Just wanna say that roughing the passer call was garbage. You cant rough a running back. It was a half back pass. Once the qb hands the ball off the ball carrier is a running back no matter what he decides to do with the ball...

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:57 pm I think playing Madison in the state semi's and that defense they brought is just the thing Burg really needed. Defense we know what Burg is tough strong nose team that has played excellent against the run so far and really won deserve the game ball in the state semi. Offense however up until Madison, some will say CA but sorry when you flip to a power run game and score 35 in a half yeah I don't count that, hasn't had ANY problems moving the ball. Had time to pass the ball, running lanes, mismatches they took advantage of, but with Madison they're front line was so dominate it really effected the entire Burg offense. I think having that on film and playing/coaching in a game like that is something that will help Burg in this game. Now Burg has seen the speed on the outside in containing the Wrs against CA and the power of Madison that really just made things difficult for the running game and the QB. I love seeing games like that and teams having to overcome you come out the end and it makes you that much better. Going to go with Burg in a close one can see a 13-10, 17-13 score. GOOD LUCK GUYS bring it home.
I think you may be on to something! I like it!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:05 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:49 pm
Just wanna say that roughing the passer call was garbage. You cant rough a running back. It was a half back pass. Once the qb hands the ball off the ball carrier is a running back no matter what he decides to do with the ball...
Need a ref to step in on this one but I don't believe you are correct. It's roughing the passer(not roughing the quarterback) is the protection of a passer in a defenseless state, yes typically it's the quarterback. I wasn't at the game, out of town unfortunately, so didn't see the play in question but if RB passes the ball on halfback pass you can't go taking 2-3 steps and level the guy and claim not a foul because he's the RB. What makes him any less protected while throwing then the QB?? Because he didn't take the snap?? Like I said called roughing the passer. Been called before in games, like I said never seen it but it is a legit call if he was hit by a defender taking the extra 2-3 steps and hitting the passer.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

bring it home to southern oh....tha burg rolls out state champs...

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:01 pm I think this game will come down to who comes out and executes in the first quarter. In the Johnstown game burg played lights out and with their d it was game over. Against academy and madison burg did not execute well at all and it made the game interesting. If burg o can click early I like their chances.

I like their chances no matter how this game starts out, they have proven that they can overcome adversity , I hope they have a better start, with this defense they will always be in the game.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Rewatched Eastwood/South Range game last night. SR receivers dropped maybe 4-5 passes in the first half that should have been caught. One would have been for a TD. Others would have been first downs. Their QB even didn’t see one of his receivers running down the sideline wide open that would have been a long gain or another TD. Bottom line I think Eastwood can be passed on. Salyers just needs to make his throws and his receivers need to make their catches. Gonna be a battle but Burg will win this one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

what is eastwoods nickname gang.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

This game is going to be FANTASTIC. 1st you have the defending state CHAMPS against the team who many considered the DAVID of all of O-H-I-O... Winner is a champ, loser goes in the pit of misery, DILLY DILLY

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:27 am what is eastwoods nickname gang.
Redskinned Pirate Dragons

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:19 am
55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:01 pm I think this game will come down to who comes out and executes in the first quarter. In the Johnstown game burg played lights out and with their d it was game over. Against academy and madison burg did not execute well at all and it made the game interesting. If burg o can click early I like their chances.

I like their chances no matter how this game starts out, they have proven that they can overcome adversity , I hope they have a better start, with this defense they will always be in the game.
I’m not saying they can’t come back, I’m just saying whichever team gets off to the better start on offense is who I think wins! Hoping burgs o is clicking, as you can only come back so many times, I thought after the burg missed the pat vs madison that their luck had run out and they proved me wrong. Good luck pirates!

Return to “Football”