State Semi Finals Kirtland 44 Nelsonville-York 0

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Re: Kirtland vs. Nelsonville-York DVI State Semi-Final

Post by PurplePower »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:22 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:09 pm Did it occur to anyone but for a missed xpt by FF, NY would have lost to the #277 team. Instead they win in OT. And you think you belong on the same field with the # 76 team ? lol

There is a chance this is a running clock game. Wear your long johns . Misery loves company. :lol:
Go worry about Logan. They suck and will suck for a while. Go beat your chest about how great everyone else is compared to us over there.
You are nothing but a troll. You troll Southeastern Ohio on every forum you can find and its ridiculous.
You are a miserable old man. You spend your free time running down teenage boys, and apparently you take some sort of pride in it.
GO AWAY!
Point made for me. Plus I wonder what happens to any of us we say a certain school sucks

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:09 pm Did it occur to anyone but for a missed xpt by FF, NY would have lost to the #277 team. Instead they win in OT. And you think you belong on the same field with the # 76 team ? lol

There is a chance this is a running clock game. Wear your long johns . Misery loves company. :lol:
I couldnt believe FF missed. One kick from NY playing basketball this week. And yet people think they can start planning a trip to states. lol

Just my thoughts guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

You know it's funny here. This is a fan board and the banter is between fans. The cop out is that you are talking about individual students, athletes. That obviously isn't the case. Thin skinned is accurate. Trying to project comments onto players misses the point that it the communities and THEIR fans who take shots at other teams and communities. These opinions have a way of turning into blood feuds .

Had cousins from Nelsonville. Had friends down there. But my opinion is they are going to walk into a buzz saw and pointing out some facts simply brings out the trash mouths. Of course this electronic age replaces the old fashion argument in a sports bar, lol.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:11 pm Of course this electronic age replaces the old fashion argument in a sports bar, lol.
:lol: :lol: :)

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:11 pm You know it's funny here. This is a fan board and the banter is between fans. The cop out is that you are talking about individual students, athletes. That obviously isn't the case. Thin skinned is accurate. Trying to project comments onto players misses the point that it the communities and THEIR fans who take shots at other teams and communities. These opinions have a way of turning into blood feuds .

Had cousins from Nelsonville. Had friends down there. But my opinion is they are going to walk into a buzz saw and pointing out some facts simply brings out the trash mouths. Of course this electronic age replaces the old fashion argument in a sports bar, lol.
Okay. You've made your point. You think the Buckeyes will lose. We get it. You've done the math. Statistics and rankings never lie.

It won't be easy for the Buckeyes to win. Hopefully it won't be easy for Kirtland to win. Regardless, the Buckeyes making it to the state semi-finals is quite the accomplishment after the amount of talent they lost from last year. I wish them luck. They're going to need to play a perfect game, but I think it's possible.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Got to have a running clock to start the game. After kickoff. Genius

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

By the way we feel your struggle you had to relocate
From Se ohio so your grandson wouldn't get his or her tail
Kicked by a div 6 school.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

8-) I am usually on the Burg thread but wanted to stop by and wish NY the best. Anything can happen when you have kids playing a game. Adults should remember it is about the kids. NY has had a great season. It is great to see the community and area get behind them. Line it up Friday night and go for it. No matter what anybody says, those kids will leave it all on the field and play their hearts out. You can't ask for anything more. GO Bucks and Go Burg!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Really Bucks, you are starting to look foolish. The grandson ( just one of 6 grandsons) had a great year, honors are rolling in and the colleges are texting, emailing , calling and visiting school to see him. They played a good D-III/IV schedule beating playoff teams.

Did I tell you Yale is after him ? Among others ?

Have gun, will travel
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Nature Boy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:50 pm 8-) I am usually on the Burg thread but wanted to stop by and wish NY the best. Anything can happen when you have kids playing a game. Adults should remember it is about the kids. NY has had a great season. It is great to see the community and area get behind them. Line it up Friday night and go for it. No matter what anybody says, those kids will leave it all on the field and play their hearts out. You can't ask for anything more. GO Bucks and Go Burg!
Thanks for the support! Bring it home Burg!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Too bad sometimes the old bar scenario didn’t exist. It was much more effective haha

On a serious note - Paladin - thank you for your thoughts and expertise on picking the outcome. We appreciate it. You’ve made your point. I for one will be rooting on my son as they try to do something probably all of us only dreamed about - I don’t care how weak you think the region was, it’s a hellava accomplishment- with that being said GO BUCKEYES.

If you ain't first, you're last!
indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Just was where Tyler Speelman for NY was nominated by Max Preps for USA player of the week. Congrats on the nomination.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

NY got the most favorable match up for them possible. Kirtland will be by far the most imposing team they have played this year. NY has at least had close games which may help them. Also, they need to be able to rush for 50 yards or Kirtland will just t off on Maiden. The lines will be the difference in this game, not the skill players imo.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Any Facebook live feeds for this game like there was last week?

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 pm Actually, I like to pick on the fans. Most here dismiss the fact its a FANBOARD.

Reality.
So, you're a Kirtland fan?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

TherealNY -- you should root for your son and enjoy the game. Win or lose , these are always great times in a kids life and will be remembered forever

Have gun, will travel
fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

does anybody remember that ny missed a extra point in the ff game or it would have gone into overtime and ny will be the best team that Kirtland has play all year

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If he weather is bad windy/raining, I can the see a running clock win for Kirtland.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

fireball wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:46 pm does anybody remember that ny missed a extra point in the ff game or it would have gone into overtime and ny will be the best team that Kirtland has play all year
3rd best team Cuyahoga Heights and Rootstown both were better. IMO.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fireball wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:46 pm does anybody remember that ny missed a extra point in the ff game or it would have gone into overtime and ny will be the best team that Kirtland has play all year
Very hard to try and say NY will be the best team Kirtland has played all year without having seen each team and game. However the simple fact that Cuyahoga Heights is favored to go on to the state championship game, and they took down the #1 seed Rootstown leads me to believe this statement is way off. Let's forget about the 9-2 and 9-3 teams that Rootstown beat by a combined 56-21, in the playoff going into that game Rootstown had won 34-0 and 35-6 only to go on and put up 7 against Kirtland. NY is probably the 4-5th best team Kirtland has faced all year just looking at it from that standpoint. They won't be surprised by the speed, won't be surprised by 9-10 man box since they face that every game of every year, your not inventing the wheel with that idea. This game couldn't be more placed on the old adage that it's won the in the trenches. CG was able to run the ball against NY, NY has to be better stopping the run this week or this game will be over before it starts. Flip side they've got to block up front when passing because seems that's where Kirtland's weakness is but if the QB doesn't have time then it doesn't matter who's open if he's on his back. NY has had a STELLAR season and I hope it continues but I'm not going to sit here and say, "yeah, Kirtland hasn't seen our speed or our 10 man box," yeah they've seen all of that. State semi's in 6 of 7 years I promise you, you're not showing them ANYTHING they haven't seen. All the pressures on them to advance playing the lowly SEO team so go out and there play the best you can and see what happens. Upsets have been happening this year, with any luck we'll see another one here.

Return to “Football”