2017 Playoffs Nelsonville-York 28 Coal Grove 7

SeaBass
Waterboy

Re: Coal Grove vs. Nelsonville-York @ Jackson

Post by SeaBass »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 pm
SeaBass wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:32 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 pm Talking to some Shenandoah football players and they felt they were the better team week 11. Fort Frye totally destroyed Shenandoah running for over 300 yards. Just going by that I’ll take NY by 2 Tds.
I like your thinking, but think it will be more than 2 Td's. I think a running clock is not out of the question. NY rolls to the State Semi Finals. Raise your hands if you believe!
Running clock? Get real. You needed overtime to beat Fort Frye. Scored in the final seconds to beat Vinton County. The only way you beat Coal Grove is if the Hornets beat themselves with mistakes and turnovers.
VC had a man among boys at QB. I doubt CG has anyone on their team like that. NY dominated FF for most of the game. A few trick plays got them in scoring position in the 4th Qtr. For some reason we took the foot off the pedal on offense in the second half. That won't happen again. But thanks for the bulletin board material.

Kick his ASS, SeaBass!
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

And yours isn't bulletin board material? Running clock? Laughing my behind off. Thank goodness I have plenty back there to spare.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Tank14
Waterboy

Post by Tank14 »

Heard this from nelsonville fans a few years back and ironton whipped em 2 years in a row. I predict The Grove to beat the Buchtel buckeyes, school isn't even in nelsonville, lol.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Tank14 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:05 pm Heard this from nelsonville fans a few years back and ironton whipped em 2 years in a row. I predict The Grove to beat the Buchtel buckeyes, school isn't even in nelsonville, lol.
Sorry, it is in Nelsonville............how is Ironton doing in the playoffs?

If you ain't first, you're last!
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

NY is still in diapers compared to Ironton when it comes to playoff appearances. Coal Grove and Wheelersburg will represent the river cities well with wins this weekend.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:19 pm NY is still in diapers compared to Ironton when it comes to playoff appearances. Coal Grove and Wheelersburg will represent the river cities well with wins this weekend.
So I take it they are not doing well. Sorry, enjoy your couch this weekend.

If you ain't first, you're last!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Any news on how many tickets NY has sold?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tric118 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:07 pm There ya go Matt77 your times of the 4x200 teams Cook and Parker Lent are on Nelsonville-Yorks current team.
They finished 2nd in the state losing by a photo finish the first result. The 2nd is the regional result which was ran with the Coal Grove team.

State Meet

Place Team Time Heat Pts
1. Purcell Marian - A
England , Johnson , Richardson , Mosley 1:29.40 1 10
2. Nelsonville-York - A
Mount , Cook , Parker-Lent , Edwards 1:29.41

Regional Finals

2 Nelsonville-York 1:32.12Q 1
1) 713 Alex Mount 12 2) 711 Chris Cook 11
3) 710 Bryce Parker-Lent 11 4) 708 Hunter Edwards 12

8 Dawson-Bryant 1:36.72q 2
1) 202 Kyle Sites 10 2) 210 Nathan Harmon 10
3) 219 Nathaniel Brumett 11 4) 215 Joey Workman 11
I was thinking this as well. CG did run a 1:35.6 at districts...they are certainly fast and NY those 4 are even a step faster. The instincts, vision, cutting and breaking a tackle are big factors obviously. Safe to say IMO they are both very fast SE D6 teams

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

SeaBass wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:51 pm

I like your thinking, but think it will be more than 2 Td's. I think a running clock is not out of the question. NY rolls to the State Semi Finals. Raise your hands if you believe!
Running clock? Get real. You needed overtime to beat Fort Frye. Scored in the final seconds to beat Vinton County. The only way you beat Coal Grove is if the Hornets beat themselves with mistakes and turnovers.
VC had a man among boys at QB. I doubt CG has anyone on their team like that. NY dominated FF for most of the game. A few trick plays got them in scoring position in the 4th Qtr. For some reason we took the foot off the pedal on offense in the second half. That won't happen again. But thanks for the bulletin board material.
Dominated it was like 335-305 yards. It wasn’t trick plays it was a basic slip screen.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 pm Talking to some Shenandoah football players and they felt they were the better team week 11. Fort Frye totally destroyed Shenandoah running for over 300 yards. Just going by that I’ll take NY by 2 Tds.

I don’t think it will be running clock but I do think NY played the better team last week.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

2 questions. Will there be any live streams for this game (I seen Mr Mattash posted a coal Grove live link on facebook showing their last game, curious if it's a live stream or recorded then uploaded) and are all players for both teams eligible?

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GAME CAN BE STREAMED HERE ...

http://970wath.com/

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:16 pm GAME CAN BE STREAMED HERE ...

http://970wath.com/
👍 I meant streams to watch

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Post by turd ferguson »

Really asking a question about elegibility in week 13 while your team is sitting at home tomcat? Come up with something else.

bobcatforlife13
Waterboy

Post by bobcatforlife13 »

They won the State Championship is what the hell they did!

bobcatforlife13
Waterboy

Post by bobcatforlife13 »

Lancer, NYHS 1981 State Champs. Do your homework.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

This Friday is the only thing that matters to both teams. Not who they played last week or who they beat this season. I hope, for the sake of both teams, it is a good clean game and there are no injuries to either team. I will be cheering on the Hornets but if the Buckeyes happen to win, I will cheer for them next week.

Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

turd ferguson wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:27 pm Really asking a question about elegibility in week 13 while your team is sitting at home tomcat? Come up with something else.
Hes talking about players that “MAY” have got into some trouble over the weekend. Rumors floating around

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Shake”N”Bake wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:49 pm
turd ferguson wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:27 pm Really asking a question about elegibility in week 13 while your team is sitting at home tomcat? Come up with something else.
Hes talking about players that “MAY” have got into some trouble over the weekend. Rumors floating around
We aren't going to discuss rumors about teenagers on this forum.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Just creating conversation. By the way there are like 700+ football teams in Ohio and 56 still playing so most are sitting at home on week 13 genius

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes

Return to “Football”