2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

noles_fan
S

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by noles_fan »

I have seen both teams in person, with both playing the same team. This is my opinion on this game.

Defense:
D-line - JM Their front 4 are quick with possibly the fastest DE I've seen this year.
LB - Burg Their LB are fast and fill the holes right now leaving little room to run.
DB - Push We didn't throw enough against JM to get a good comparison.

Offense:
O-line - Push JM is a little bigger with Burg being a little quicker. West D-line got a push against both.
RB - JM JM pretty much run at will against West rather it be good backs or poor tackling. Their backs have good speed and run hard and always seem
to fall foward. Granted I didn't get to see Reyes play due to injury.
WR - Burg Since JM didnt attempt a pass all night this was a pretty easy one.
QB - Burg Salyers can sling it all over the field when given time. JM's QB is a runner I believe he is the second leading rusher on the team.

Special Teams:
Hands down Burg has the better kicker. JM kicker was awful deepest kickoff was to the 35.

This game will come down to can Burgs O-line give Salyers time to throw. If they can burg wins by 14. If JM can force Burg into having to run the ball the jojnies win by fewer than 7. This will be a hard fought game between to well coached teams.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:50 pm These Pirates are going to be thinking ahead to state instead of winning region Mark my word
I noticed you still haven't answered the question of how you were watching people leaving the Burg game in the 3rd, yet you could hear helmets cracking at the JM and West game?? I think this is where someone chimes in and says "BUSTED".

I take nothing away from JM I think they're a quality team and they will give Burg all they want on Friday night and let the chips fall where they fall. Seems like you are one of 2 people nothing more than a kid trolling, or a scout/coach looking for bulletin board material to help fire up a JM squad. Now I don't think a coach would hop on here posting the claims that you do nor anyone officially associated with the team would either. So I'll go back to you are either just a kid on the team watching the cracking of helmets from the sidelines or a parent hoping little Johnny gets past Friday night so you can say I told you so.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

noles_fan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 am I have seen both teams in person, with both playing the same team. This is my opinion on this game.

Defense:
D-line - JM Their front 4 are quick with possibly the fastest DE I've seen this year.
LB - Burg Their LB are fast and fill the holes right now leaving little room to run.

Offense:
O-line - Push JM is a little bigger with Burg being a little quicker. West D-line got a push against both.
RB - JM JM pretty much run at will against West rather it be good backs or poor tackling. Their backs have good speed and run hard and always seem
QB - Burg Salyers can sling it all over the field when given time. JM's QB is a runner I believe he is the second leading rusher on the team.

Special Teams:
Hands down Burg has the better kicker. JM kicker was awful deepest kickoff was to the 35.

This game will come down to can Burgs O-line give Salyers time to throw. If they can burg wins by 14. If JM can force Burg into having to run the ball the jojnies win by fewer than 7. This will be a hard fought game between to well coached teams.
Seem like West Kicker was punting the ball out of bounds all night
Jtown has 3 RBs one that has over 2,000 yards and 2 that have 1,700 yards , Qb has 1,200
To beat jtown you have to stop the run
It’s that easy or is it ?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Guest2018 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:52 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:48 pm
14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:21 pm You guys beat a Academy team that has never been in the playoffs Johnstown has playoff experience and these boys are on a mission and ready to play I see a lot of pressure on Burg next Friday and messing up and Johnstown capitalizing on it
Also Those boys were hitting hard last night I could here the helmets cracking you better hope you can stop # 5 if not he will be gone

This post proves you are an idiot and are totally clueless. CA has won two state titles in there history.

Let’s see how no. 5 reacts to having his butt spanked by 6-7 Pirates every single time he touches the ball.

I also see now how you must be an Avenger as you were at Chillicothe watching Burg fans leaving in the 3rd qtr but was also hearing helmets cracking at Zane Trace HS. Which one are you? Are you Double body man?

Man, I’ve seen some trolls on here but you are an instant classic.
Based on what I saw last night, JM is counting on what you just posted. If WB needs 6 to 7 players to contain no. 5, then 39, 40 or 42 will carry the ball. I think PW did a fair job of containing 5 in the first half. However, 39 then scooted around the edge and there weren’t a lot of defenders left to be blocked. The first time 42 touched the ball, he went 30 or 40 yards before being touched.

This game will be won in the trenches. If JM has their way, they will consume a lot of clock and score TDs at the end of long drives. It looks like they are more than happy to eat up 4 yards each play and use clock. If that’s how their season has progressed, that explains lopsided victories that don’t have quite the point spread you all seem to be looking for.

If WB can create some 3 and outs, and protect their QB on the other side of the ball, then they will have the advantage. I didn’t see the game last night, but it sounds like they were willing to run the ball and exercise some patience. This could be a relatively low number of possessions game for both teams, so capitalizing on each possession will be big. Patience is a virtue.

This should be a great game. I’m looking forward to it. A high scoring affair would favor WB. We will see.

6-7 players won't be keying in on one back fool. What I'm saying that every time a Johnnie touches the ball he will be swarmed by a host of defender.

Burg has shut down the run all year and I see no different happening Friday.

Only time will tell

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 am
noles_fan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 am I have seen both teams in person, with both playing the same team. This is my opinion on this game.

Defense:

Offense:

Special Teams:

Jtown has 3 RBs one that has over 2,000 yards and 2 that have 1,700 yards , Qb has 1,200
LOL, So you have a 2,000 yard back, 2 backs with 1,700 and a QB with 1,200 yards rushing on the season. So you average over 550 yards a game just rushing alone??? You ran the ball every down against West for 444 yards, and 390 against the Oak Hill your numbers are coming up REALLY short.
http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sp ... eases-35-6
http://thetelegramnews.com/main.asp?Sec ... leID=28917

Overlook of the Johnnies 1st 2 playoff games, defense has only given up little over 200 total yards in the 2 games combined.

I noticed you still haven't answered the question of how you were watching people leaving the Burg game in the 3rd, yet you could hear helmets cracking at the JM and West game?? I think this is where someone chimes in and says "BUSTED".

I take nothing away from JM I think they're a quality team and they will give Burg all they want on Friday night and let the chips fall where they fall. Seems like you are one of 2 people nothing more than a kid trolling, or a scout/coach looking for bulletin board material to help fire up a JM squad. Now I don't think a coach would hop on here posting the claims that you do nor anyone officially associated with the team would either. So I'll go back to you are either just a kid on the team watching the cracking of helmets from the sidelines or a parent hoping little Johnny gets past Friday night so you can say I told you so.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 am

Defense:

Offense:

Special Teams:

Wow. Given you guys got smoked in week 2&3, you guys must have had some crazy big games rushing. I’d say minus those 2 games the average has to be well into the 700 ypg rushing range. That’s outstanding. That’s it. You convinced me, Burg has no chance. You win. We won’t even show up. Represent 19 well in the semis.

Ok, snap back to reality. There is no way in hell you guys have 4 kids with those numbers. You are beside yourself momma. Don’t make them out to be something more than they are. Sure, they can run the ball well. But to claim stake to that many yards is absurd. A 2000yd back is something that comes around every 50 years. From the film I’ve seen. That’s about 5 games worth. They don’t have that guy. #5 is a good back. He’s quick and runs with purpose. The FB get his yards by surprise. They run the tail back 15 times and then pow, hit you with the FB. Then they do it all over again. The QB will sometimes pull that hand off if it’s stuffed and try to make a play of it. He has had success in doing so.

I think your numbers are off. Unless you can list every kids numbers in every game. We need facts hood rat.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

DUDE seriously if you are going to spout off statistics at least make it to where they can't be looked up.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/jo ... /stats.htm

Johnnies do a nice job of reporting their stats. 6-14 passing on the year really?? So last 3 box scores I seen on your website against Licking heights 16-28 passing 165, Utica 13-28 186 and a game you lost against a good Licking Valley team they had 268 rushing and 13-15 with 230 yards passing.

Mr. #5 1336 yards rushing, next guy 544 and 286 after that. So Johnnies are exactly like Jackson they don't want/can't pass and 1 main back getting the yards with another guy tossed in there. Let's face it Johnnies rely so much on that defense which is suspect against the pass. So once the pass gets going it opens up the run for a team. Yeah I can see the game plan already for this game it's whether or not Burg can execute it.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Looking forward to Friday's game. Looks like a good chance of rain at game time Friday, but that can always change.

Looking at the playoff run and how they got here...
Johnstown-Monroe defeated:
Oak Hill 35-0 ... Burg beat Oak Hill, leading 44-0 in 2nd quarter that game
West 35-6........Burg beat West 41-7

Wheelersburg defeated:
Columbus Bishop Ready 34-0
Columbus Academy 35-16

Wheelersburg has played 4 Columbus teams this year, going 4-0 with average margin of win 31 Points, with scores of Heath (41-0), Bishop Watterson (47-17), Bishop Ready (34-0) and Academy (35-16).

Johnstown runs the ball, and run defense is what Wheelersburg does best. Including all the 2nd and 3rd string playing time this year, Burg has given up a total of 97 points in 12 games, 8.1 points a game. Johnstown does not pass the ball much, and passing the ball is another thing that the Wheelersburg offense does outstanding.

The Wheelersburg Kicker alone has 84 points this year, averaging 7 a game. Burg Defense allows 8.1 points a game LOL.

Anything can happen on any given night. We do know after Friday that Burg can make halftime adjustments to anything needed and Burg Depth is unmatched.

I predict Burg wins 35-14.

GO BURG!!!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

14svt

If you are going to give some misleading statistics then I credit you for going all out.

You are keeping this interesting and for that I tip my hat to you.

Let's see if we can disagree or dispute without calling him names or such. We can do better than that.

Johnstown Monroe is exactly the type of team that Wheelersburg needs to play to be prepared for Week 14. If they can't beat JM then they aren't the type of team we all think that Wheelersburg is.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

We need to stop bantering with obvious trolls and stop feeding their stupidity.

Fact is both teams are really, really good or they would not still be playing in week 13. Sure, they beat an Oak Hill and West team that Burg beat just as bad so no way to gauge anything from that.

Fact is Burg has pretty much shut down every teams running game this year and the Johnnies look like they run the ball 99% of the time. That aspect favors Burg

Fact is it looks like JM doesn’t defend the pass well. Burg has been a passing team ( sans last week) most of the season. They have IMO one of the best JR WR’s in the state in Holden. If he is covered they have a plethora of other receivers to look to.

Fact is last weeks game for Burg was an eye opener and let them see that they can get down and overcome adversity and storm back for the victory. JM IMO will be cocky as they blew out both of there opponents and think the same will happen this week. What they have to remember is Burg beat those teams just as bad.

Last Fact is we will all know what the outcome is about 1030pm on Friday night. Rain or not this Burg fan will be there hollering my lungs out. THAT IS A FACT YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck Burg!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

JM is tough to stop because of the quarterback. Put an average running quarterback there and they would be much easier. But he runs the option great and is very fast. He's very small, but that kinda works to his advantage because he hides behind the line.

Wheelersburg has played no running teams like them. JM is much better than Jackson. What impressed me is the way the offensive line combo blocks at the point of attack but still gets to the linebackers at the second level

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Burg is the pick by 7.

Have gun, will travel
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

First off, this 14svt person is obviously not a scout or even a true fan of high school football or they would have known that CA has 2 state titles and multiple playoff appearances. This clown is a troll and only here to stir things up. If we all ignore him/her/it they will go away. But if we continue to copy and paste and respond we are just feeding their ego. DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!

Second, anyone that bought a program go look at their roster and check out the sizes of anyone listed as a CB or FS. The sizes are from 5'7" 145lbs to 6'0" 160 pounds with the average of around 5'10" 150 pounds. Do they honestly think those kids can cover Holden, Donini, Keeney, Lowery, Carmichael, and company? If Salyers has the time to throw, Tanner could possibly have a monster game.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:43 am JM is tough to stop because of the quarterback. Put an average running quarterback there and they would be much easier. But he runs the option great and is very fast. He's very small, but that kinda works to his advantage because he hides behind the line.

Wheelersburg has played no running teams like them. JM is much better than Jackson. What impressed me is the way the offensive line combo blocks at the point of attack but still gets to the linebackers at the second level

Just curious, have you seen Jackson play?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 pm
Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:43 am JM is tough to stop because of the quarterback. Put an average running quarterback there and they would be much easier. But he runs the option great and is very fast. He's very small, but that kinda works to his advantage because he hides behind the line.

Yes

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Yes
Who did you see them play?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:56 pm
Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:54 pm
Yes
Who did you see them play?
Wellston

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Week 1 and a rival game, yeah things changed just a bit

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:09 am DUDE seriously if you are going to spout off statistics at least make it to where they can't be looked up.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/jo ... /stats.htm

Johnnies do a nice job of reporting their stats. 6-14 passing on the year really?? So last 3 box scores I seen on your website against Licking heights 16-28 passing 165, Utica 13-28 186 and a game you lost against a good Licking Valley team they had 268 rushing and 13-15 with 230 yards passing.

Mr. #5 1336 yards rushing, next guy 544 and 286 after that. So Johnnies are exactly like Jackson they don't want/can't pass and 1 main back getting the yards with another guy tossed in there. Let's face it Johnnies rely so much on that defense which is suspect against the pass. So once the pass gets going it opens up the run for a team. Yeah I can see the game plan already for this game it's whether or not Burg can execute it.
Sorry those stats aren’t correct # 5 has 2000 yards before the playoffs he has 250 at Oak Hill and 300 against West
Jolly is mad because he picked West to beat jtown that was wrong Next Friday he will be as well
Your Qb will be running for his life
Last edited by 14svt on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”