Off coordinator

Phoenix31
JV Team

Re: Off coordinator

Post by Phoenix31 »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:33 pm What is Greens record under Newsome.
(8-31)

2014 - (2-8), 1 win vs non-OHSAA (West Union)

2015 - (2-8), 1 win vs non-OHSAA (West Union)

2016 - (3-7), 1 loss vs non-OHSAA (West Union)

2017 - (1-8), 1 loss vs non-OHSAA (West Union) - did not play the 10th game vs Oak Hill due to lack of players

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Green has the talent to win the soc but the majority of kids pick basketball and XC Over football so I don’t blame newsome for the wins and loses all I was asking if he would put in for the Portsmouth job bc that’s where he is from and resides

SOC 1
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:45 pm Green has the talent to win the soc but the majority of kids pick basketball and XC Over football so I don’t blame newsome for the wins and loses all I was asking if he would put in for the Portsmouth job bc that’s where he is from and resides
WOOO that's a pretty big statement considering where this football program has been for YEARS now. Typically seems like they have a decent junior high team then kids either don't play anymore or go elsewhere.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Thank you 31. That resume doesn’t seem like what Portsmouth needs.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

2240 , I know a lot of pee wee coach’s up here and they are all Knute Rockne in there minds. To much madden video games for these future Hall of Fame pee wee Coach’s

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Nut wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 am The playoffs are here it's Friday night and the Trojans are sitting at home with a playoff caliber team. Who is the offensive coordinator that sits in the booth and call 4 plays out of a playbook that is 4" thick? I feel bad for the Kelly kid who is a college qb and had to go through all the bs play calling all year. Something has to change, Duncan had a 8-2 at worst playoff team and couldn't do nothing with them. Rumors are the Parker kid is moving to Burg and the Boehm kid is moving to West and I really don't blame them. Next year it's only gonna get worse.
You are either a helicopter parent still trying to earn that varsity letter or a kid who is mad because the coach didn’t do what you wanted. In either case, you are an idiot. Buy a whistle and write a resume’ . Let’s see what ya got. Go the distance with it. Put your real name on here and announce your desire to coach. I am sure the game will be better because of it.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Game day wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:56 pm I have to agree with you about Portsmouth!

I watched the Ironton and Portsmouth game and Portsmouth has not improved in my mind in over 10 years. They continue to add coaches etc. and nothing gets better.

I would also say the same thing for Ironton both staffs have not gotten any better from the start of the season to the end. If I was the AD I would clean house and start over.
Oh look....a teammate

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Phoenix31 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:50 am I will say this.

As a high school football coach with 12 years experience, I was very surprised at times that Portsmouth did not use its best athletes as 2-way players. The numbers are simply not there anymore to keep your fastest players fresh by only using them on one side of the ball.
Look....a communist....subversive from within. You should give up your whistle. I think you can apply at Walmart online.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

RN2240 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:50 pm It's laughable hearing these armchair qbs who were average players at best themselves & didn't play college football either, live their lives vicariously through their child's football dreams and blame the coaches because they are butt hurt cause the season didn't go the way they thought it would. If the coach handed these idiots a marker and said draw up what you think we need to do, they would have no clue. You could fit most of these know it all armchair daddies football knowledge in a thimble. If they want to be a coach so bad then get a college teaching degree, all the coaching certifications you need to have & apply & interview to become one. Pee wee coaching doesn't count either as experience to include in your resume. Lmao
Preach it brother

tomcat15

Post by tomcat15 »

If Portsmouth needs a jumpstart they need look no further than Nelsonville Ohio. Rusty’s playcalling took Trimble clear to the state finals and would have ended in a state title if he wasn’t handcuffed by the head coach in Massilon.

Now he is destined for at least a final four appearance with the Buckeyes. If I was the AD at PHS I would pay whatever it takes to steal him away. With the talent in that town I see multiple state titles.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:27 am
Look....a communist....subversive from within. You should give up your whistle. I think you can apply at Walmart online.
Funny that mine is post 31...

You are incorrect, HC.

My name is K.B. Johnson. There are many dualities in my life, but politics is not one of them.

* 2 careers (Banking and Education)
* 2 years as PHS Football Captain (1983 & 1984)
* Portsmouth HOF for Football (1984 team) and Baseball (1985 individual)
* Div 1 athlete in 2 different sports (Football @ Army, 1985 & 1986) and (Baseball @ Cincinnati, 1988 & 1989)

I believe that Coach Duncan and his staff are on the right path with the talent that they have, except for the aforementioned athletes at PHS playing both ways more.

Go Trojans!

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Wow. Very impressive. Athlete plus smarts. Congrats on a great career both in sports and real life. I would assume you know more than all these pee wee coach’s combined. Your opinion should weigh to some degree to the portsmouth faithful. Thank you for your service.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Phoenix31 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:32 pm

You are incorrect, HC.

My name is K.B. Johnson. There are many dualities in my life, but politics is not one of them.

* Div 1 athlete in 2 different sports (Football @ Army, 1985 & 1986) and (Baseball @ Cincinnati, 1988 & 1989)

I believe that Coach Duncan and his staff are on the right path with the talent that they have, except for the aforementioned athletes at PHS playing both ways more.

Go Trojans!

I think.....I think......yep that was mic I heard drop.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I though rock hill and Portsmouth would do better than they did this year

SOC 1
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:18 pm
Phoenix31 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:32 pm

You are incorrect, HC.

Go Trojans!

I think.....I think......yep that was mic I heard drop.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i heard it

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Heres what i know. And this is just from reading post. Every year portsmouth has a hype train a mile wide and it derails quickly every year! So something wether it be head coach or cords needs to happen

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

tomcat15 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:40 am If Portsmouth needs a jumpstart they need look no further than Nelsonville Ohio. Rusty’s playcalling took Trimble clear to the state finals and would have ended in a state title if he wasn’t handcuffed by the head coach in Massilon.

Now he is destined for at least a final four appearance with the Buckeyes. If I was the AD at PHS I would pay whatever it takes to steal him away. With the talent in that town I see multiple state titles.
Whoa, "multiple state titles"? Hmmm... don't know about that. Maybe with the talent they had in the early 2000's, not so much now.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Howie gets great results

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Maybe the Hall famer get a crack in Portsmouth. Trimble is a fine example of hard nosed young men molded year after year.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Yes

Return to “Football”