Off coordinator

Nut
Riding the Bench

Off coordinator

Post by Nut »

The playoffs are here it's Friday night and the Trojans are sitting at home with a playoff caliber team. Who is the offensive coordinator that sits in the booth and call 4 plays out of a playbook that is 4" thick? I feel bad for the Kelly kid who is a college qb and had to go through all the bs play calling all year. Something has to change, Duncan had a 8-2 at worst playoff team and couldn't do nothing with them. Rumors are the Parker kid is moving to Burg and the Boehm kid is moving to West and I really don't blame them. Next year it's only gonna get worse.

Game day
All State

Re: Off coordinator

Post by Game day »

I have to agree with you about Portsmouth!

I watched the Ironton and Portsmouth game and Portsmouth has not improved in my mind in over 10 years. They continue to add coaches etc. and nothing gets better.

I would also say the same thing for Ironton both staffs have not gotten any better from the start of the season to the end. If I was the AD I would clean house and start over.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I would have to agree with both of you. from the results attained.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

I totally agree

loyal
Waterboy

Post by loyal »

It's pitiful how Portsmouth bashes its own. Always the coaches' fault not the helicopter parents who raise the kids.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

loyal wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 am It's pitiful how Portsmouth bashes its own. Always the coaches' fault not the helicopter parents who raise the kids.
Best post of this thread :(

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

I will say this.

As a high school football coach with 12 years experience, I was very surprised at times that Portsmouth did not use its best athletes as 2-way players. The numbers are simply not there anymore to keep your fastest players fresh by only using them on one side of the ball.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Coach Duncan is a great person. But demographics and focus on the round ball has hurt Portsmouth. Seeing some of the younger teams the last few years, it's very possible that it gets worse.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I question the amount of support for the program.

Over the last 3 weeks of the football season, there were multiple Portsmouth football starters participating at other schools open gyms. Not good.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Will ted newsome leave green to go after Portsmouth if Duncan leaves? That is teds home school

SOC 1
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:07 pm Will ted newsome leave green to go after Portsmouth if Duncan leaves? That is teds home school
Depending on what Green does with their program he might be gone one no matter what.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:07 pm Will ted newsome leave green to go after Portsmouth if Duncan leaves? That is teds home school
I think for Portsmouth to be successful they need a clean start and that would include getting rid of the hang overs from Clifford. They need an outsider to get things going in another direction. West has done it and it has worked for them. Wheelersburg has done the same in a couple different sports and has had success.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

What is Greens record under Newsome.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Didn’t they give game no. 10 to Oak Hill

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Green didn’t have enough healthy boys to play oak hill and if im not mistaken ted wanted that job before he was hired on at green

SOC 1
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

If Duncan is fired and Newsome is his replacement then we might as well give up the sport of Football. That wouldn't be an upgrade, that would be down grading. Newsome was a terrible line coach for Portsmouth, terrible head coach at Green. No thank you! I personally think Duncan deserves another year, but play calling must change!

Who Dey!
RN2240
Waterboy

Post by RN2240 »

It's laughable hearing these armchair qbs who were average players at best themselves & didn't play college football either, live their lives vicariously through their child's football dreams and blame the coaches because they are butt hurt cause the season didn't go the way they thought it would. If the coach handed these idiots a marker and said draw up what you think we need to do, they would have no clue. You could fit most of these know it all armchair daddies football knowledge in a thimble. If they want to be a coach so bad then get a college teaching degree, all the coaching certifications you need to have & apply & interview to become one. Pee wee coaching doesn't count either as experience to include in your resume. Lmao

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RN2240 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:50 pm It's laughable hearing these armchair qbs who were average players at best themselves & didn't play college football either, live their lives vicariously through their child's football dreams and blame the coaches because they are butt hurt cause the season didn't go the way they thought it would. If the coach handed these idiots a marker and said draw up what you think we need to do, they would have no clue. You could fit most of these know it all armchair daddies football knowledge in a thimble. If they want to be a coach so bad then get a college teaching degree, all the coaching certifications you need to have & apply & interview to become one. Pee wee coaching doesn't count either as experience to include in your resume. Lmao
You don't need a teaching degree anymore to be hired as a coach in high school. :) Sounds like a guy who tried to coach and couldn't get it done. You feel better now?? Had that bottled up for some time seems like :lol:

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I was just asking a question I didn’t mean to ruffle feathers

SOC 1
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:16 pm I was just asking a question I didn’t mean to ruffle feathers
Yeah sounds like someone from the coaching staff of P-town, he'll be ok. LOL.

Return to “Football”