If your team does not make the finals. Are you still making the long drive to Canton?

79Tiger
All Conference

Re: If your team does not make the finals. Are you still making the long drive to Canton?

Post by 79Tiger »

knightruner wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:14 pm I have a place to stay just outside of Akron about 30 minutes away but I live just west of Springfield but i still won't go because it's just to far to drive. They had more fans at OSU than at Canton or Mass. I do have a question if the MLS leaves Columbus why don't the OHSAA buy their place and have all the state finals there for football and soccer?
I second that. They could use it for playoff games as well as hosting the championship games. The big question is whether it would be cost effective with year round maintenance, insurance etc.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Re: If your team does not make the finals. Are you still making the long drive to Canton?

Post by Seabee_0586 »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 pm No i love football but its not worth the trip or price!
I’ll pay the gas if you drive buddy

SOC 1
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

79Tiger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm
knightruner wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:14 pm I have a place to stay just outside of Akron about 30 minutes away but I live just west of Springfield but i still won't go because it's just to far to drive. They had more fans at OSU than at Canton or Mass. I do have a question if the MLS leaves Columbus why don't the OHSAA buy their place and have all the state finals there for football and soccer?
I second that. They could use it for playoff games as well as hosting the championship games. The big question is whether it would be cost effective with year round maintenance, insurance etc.
If they would do it and be smart, they could still host big concerts and events there and that would recoup a lot. Rock on the Range does really well money wise.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

I might actually go this year. In part due to not being able to see ANY of the games last year due to that lousy TV deal the OHSAA made. You know its bad when 70% of Ohio couldn't see the games. Anyways, been watching the finals since the early 2000s and last year made me realize how much I miss it. Also never been to Canton and the HOF so I can have that experience too.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

absolutely not...........Columbus yes........Canton/Massillon NO

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Let’s just review how many complained about Columbus

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4499&p=1609088#p1609088
Last edited by thebarlowbandit on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

CANTON, NOOOP!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

For those who go I do believe they should be at a central locations.
With the price being what it is and the games live on TV, I still would not go.
I would be more likely to record them and go to another state not only for the games, but the experience of seeing new places and new teams.

Return to “Football”