Round 1 Playoffs DIV , R16 #8 (8-2) Unioto @ #1 (10-0) Licking Valley

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Round 1 Playoffs DIV , R16 #8 (8-2) Unioto @ #1 (10-0) Licking Valley

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO UNIOTO

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
HockeyJeff
Waterboy

Post by HockeyJeff »

Is Unioto primarily a running team? If so, that would play into LV’s strength. They are susceptible to the pass. Offense is fairly balanced; as is typical with most LV teams the QB is a better runner but can throw when needed.

Ended up 10-0 on the season, but one of the weaker playoff teams I’ve seen at LV over the past 20 years. Not sure they can win the region, and R15 is weak this year.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

HockeyJeff wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:36 pm Is Unioto primarily a running team? If so, that would play into LV’s strength. They are susceptible to the pass. Offense is fairly balanced; as is typical with most LV teams the QB is a better runner but can throw when needed.

Ended up 10-0 on the season, but one of the weaker playoff teams I’ve seen at LV over the past 20 years. Not sure they can win the region, and R15 is weak this year.
Yes Unioto is primarily a running team. The qb is a runner like yours and they have several different backs that carry the ball. Valley sits 10-0 number 9 in d4. Has me concerned but then I’ve heard there conference was way down from more than one person. They look good to me from what I’ve seen lot of speed. I hope the tanks just don’t beat themselves and I’ll be happy win or lose.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Utica, Lakewood, and Watkins were very bad. Northridge had its best season in years.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 am If they go d3 then they won’t have a chance at playoffs. It would be up to the administration if they would make playoff football a priority. If so I agree they would have to leave the svc as well as all the program building I talked about earlier.
I'm sure All-Sport SVC banners are more important to them than the football playoffs.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

se-alum wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 am If they go d3 then they won’t have a chance at playoffs. It would be up to the administration if they would make playoff football a priority. If so I agree they would have to leave the svc as well as all the program building I talked about earlier.
I'm sure All-Sport SVC banners are more important to them than the football playoffs

Not sure what your trying to say.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:02 pm
se-alum wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:52 pm
I'm sure All-Sport SVC banners are more important to them than the football playoffs

Not sure what your trying to say.
I'm saying they won't leave the SVC because winning a conference All-Sports banner and league championships in football and other sports is more important than possibly making the playoffs in DIII football. I don't necessarily blame them. All the other sports you're automatically in the "post season", and you can schedule more out of conference games that can get you ready for the post season. So, leaving just for the sake of football doesn't make much sense.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

My official corso pick

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

I'm not sure your math is correct se-alum. Unioto is a small to avg. D4 football school. It will be many years before Unioto would be close to moving to a larger division. Once the new schools open in the Chillicothe district, many students may return to the city schools. They are still roughly 150 male students smaller than Chillicothe. They are very similar in size now to Westfall and Zane Trace who entered Region 15 this year. They compete non-conference against schools in D4. Unioto has not won an SVC football title since a shared title in 1999. Why would you leave a conference where the average commute is 20-30 minutes for a conference where you have to travel over an hour for a game. Them leaving the conference would not benefit any SVC team financially as they are always the largest draw. Best of luck to SE in the playoffs as I think they got a very favorable draw. Would love to see an SVC team advance in the playoffs!

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

waterhog82 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:34 pm I'm not sure your math is correct se-alum. Unioto is a small to avg. D4 football school. It will be many years before Unioto would be close to moving to a larger division. Once the new schools open in the Chillicothe district, many students may return to the city schools. They are still roughly 150 male students smaller than Chillicothe. They are very similar in size now to Westfall and Zane Trace who entered Region 15 this year. They compete non-conference against schools in D4. Unioto has not won an SVC football title since a shared title in 1999. Why would you leave a conference where the average commute is 20-30 minutes for a conference where you have to travel over an hour for a game. Them leaving the conference would not benefit any SVC team financially as they are always the largest draw. Best of luck to SE in the playoffs as I think they got a very favorable draw. Would love to see an SVC team advance in the playoffs!
You are way off. Unioto is one of the largest d4 schools in terms of number of boys. They are much closer to d3 than d5. If all the kids stay in grade school then they will definitely hit d3 with there competitive balance number. This could happen as early as 2019 when they realign the regions. Also why compare them to Chillicothe lol. Chilli is a d2 this year and they are large d3 to a small d2 in terms of numbers. You are way off

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

Rolltanks, Unioto has 253 boys, DIII is 275 and above, D.V is 209 and below. Unioto is very average. Remember these divisions are not cemented in numbers but change according to number of schools in each division. There are 19 schools larger than Unioto in Div. IV. The largest class in the school is the sophomore class. I'm not a betting man, but what do you want to put on it that Unioto is not D.III in 2019.
Last edited by waterhog82 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

waterhog82 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:34 pm I'm not sure your math is correct se-alum. Unioto is a small to avg. D4 football school. It will be many years before Unioto would be close to moving to a larger division. Once the new schools open in the Chillicothe district, many students may return to the city schools. They are still roughly 150 male students smaller than Chillicothe. They are very similar in size now to Westfall and Zane Trace who entered Region 15 this year. They compete non-conference against schools in D4. Unioto has not won an SVC football title since a shared title in 1999. Why would you leave a conference where the average commute is 20-30 minutes for a conference where you have to travel over an hour for a game. Them leaving the conference would not benefit any SVC team financially as they are always the largest draw. Best of luck to SE in the playoffs as I think they got a very favorable draw. Would love to see an SVC team advance in the playoffs!
Unioto was 23 boys shy of being DIII right now.

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

Yes, 19 schools in Div. 4 larger than them.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

Unioto's enrollment numbers are inflated right now due to some closings of Chillicothe city elementary schools. Once their new elementary school is complete the wave of city kids will return back to Chillicothe. Unioto will be a smaller D4 school in the next year or two. Chillicothe on the other hand will probably grow more in size. You all know how it is... you already have a Walmart in town but a new Walmart opened a few miles away and people flock to it just because it is new one. Not that my 2 cents matter... but your getting it anyway!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

waterhog82 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:52 am Yes, 19 schools in Div. 4 larger than them.
So Unioto is larger than 80%+ of the schools in DIV. Wouldn't call that an average size DIV school.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

se-alum wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:09 am
waterhog82 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:52 am Yes, 19 schools in Div. 4 larger than them.
So Unioto is larger than 80%+ of the schools in DIV. Wouldn't call that an average size DIV school.
Is that before or after competitive balance numbers? Because I thought that they were extremely close, like a handful of kids away from D3.

The enrollment won't drop for a few years, so moving to D3 is definitely possible within the next couple of years. Financially, it wouldn't make sense for Unioto to switch leagues, but competitively, it would. I think the all sports banners thing is cool, but in reality, they should win it every year. The biggest school in the league and they have teams that compete in every league sport.

As for tonight, I look forward to the Shermans playing a new opponent and competing hard in Week 11. Good luck, stay injury free, play loose and have fun.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I hope they stay in d4. I can’t predict what will happen. The 6th grade class is huge. I didn’t know about the elementary closings. Hopefully kids leave to chilli. If we can stay in d4 region 15 that is best case for us. With zt and westfall moving to d4 we are in a much better spot in the svc. 5-10 schools we played this year were d4. That’s much better ratio then when I moved down here. But I agree with se alum only 19 schools ahead of us doesn’t make us average size. For best option going forward I would love it if the svc split big and little. Still play everyone in all the other sports but football. Idk if this can happen or not.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

In two years, based on ODE enrollment numbers this year, Unioto will have approx. 633 high school students. If 43% are males, that would put them in DIII range before you take in to account their competitive balance numbers, which I would assume will be fairly substantial.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:23 am
se-alum wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:09 am
Is that before or after competitive balance numbers? Because I thought that they were extremely close, like a handful of kids away from D3.

The enrollment won't drop for a few years, so moving to D3 is definitely possible within the next couple of years. Financially, it wouldn't make sense for Unioto to switch leagues, but competitively, it would. I think the all sports banners thing is cool, but in reality, they should win it every year. The biggest school in the league and they have teams that compete in every league sport.

As for tonight, I look forward to the Shermans playing a new opponent and competing hard in Week 11. Good luck, stay injury free, play loose and have fun.
The 253 does not include competitive balance numbers. Their number with CB implemented is 271, 4 kids away from being DIII. Basically, Unioto will be DIII soon.

http://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments ... ssignments

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

This is the same info I saw hopefully it doesn’t happen. Hope we get a nice crowd tonight roll tanks!

Return to “Football”