STATE TICKET PRICING:TO HIGH/TO LOW/JUST RIGHT

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

STATE TICKET PRICING:TO HIGH/TO LOW/JUST RIGHT

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

They are out of control here in Ohio since moving to Ohio State.

If you are able to get them at the school it is 10 bucks a game.

For the fan who does not live near a school that is playing it is 15 bucks a game, for club level and 12 bucks a game for reserve.

If you want to go to all seven games and order them ahead of time, you will pay 105 dollars, if you want inside access and 84 for the cheaper package, with no inside access.

Ohio does show all seven games life on TV.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: STATE TICKET PRICING:TO HIGH/TO LOW/JUST RIGHT

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I just can't go to them hardly anymore because of mobility issues. so I generally watch them on STO.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'd love to go to all the games, but the price is somewhat high. Just watch them all on TV

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Id love to go to them but ...... They are on STO. Now if Logan or someone I follow is playing I might go to one.

AT THE RESERVATION
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if someone local is there. I'd love to go.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

A post from my Ohio brother, who took in 97 games this season.

NJ, tickets were $12 each per day, one ticket to watch all the games. Parking was $10 (a little pricy, but it's New Jersey). For 10 games, the total cost was $66 for parking and tickets to see 10 games for 2 people.

Michigan was $10/ticket per/day and $10 parking (to be right next to the stadium), making total cost $60 for 8 games.

Texas, is $15/ticket per/day and $10 parking, making a total cost of $120 for 10 games.

Iowa at UNI-Dome is $10/ticket per/session for semifinals (12 games in 3 days, Thursday is two sessions, Friday and Saturday are one session all day), plus $5 parking each day for a total of $95.

Pennsylvania, meanwhile, has four games over two days. Friday is 2pm and 7pm while Saturday is 12pm and 5pm at the same venue (Hersheypark Stadium). Tickets are $7 each, and they allow admission to the night game with your ticket stub from the first game. Parking for the games is free. Total price for two people: $28.

West Virginia has free parking, and a game Friday night, a game Saturday at noon, and a game Saturday night at 7pm. Each game is $8 (I've been told) and parking is free. Total for two people: $48.

Meanwhile, Ohio has 7 games, for either $84 or $105/ticket. If you don't want to walk all the way back to your car between games or linger outside, the $105 ticket is yours. So, two people is $225 for 7 games, or $32+ for each game.

Ohio decided to make it a money grab when moving to Columbus. And it's worked. People are still paying the higher prices. So, I can't imagine when it moves elsewhere the ticket prices will drop. Even with the lower cost venues.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I would much rather pay a little more and go to a game in the Horseshoe. More centrally located and fair for all. I save the extra on ticket price just on gasoline alone and don't need a hotel room. Its a no brainer. State Championship games in the Shoe are a goal and once in a lifetime experience for these kids. Canton and Massillon aren't the same.

If someone is so hard up that $5 or $10 means that much to them they probably shouldn't be going anyways.

Besides weren't final four games $10 at the gate? I thought that's what I paid at Xenia last week. Ohio Stadium had nothing to do with that $2 difference.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

The prices are just too steep! Even if money isn't an issue, many people just refuse to be gouged by the OHSAA.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I would stay in the warm confines of my home and watch STO :)

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

OHSAA had nothing to do with the hard work the boys that play go through. It was not OHSAAs blood, sweat, and tears, getting these schools to the state championship. They do not need to be embezzling off of these boys and programs, I will happily watch from home. Also, the speech that an OHSAA rep just has to give before passing out the state championship trophy is getting old. Nobody wants to see you or hear you talk, despite your committees beliefs this weekend is not about you. Shut up, give the trophy, have a coke, have a smile and shut it up :)

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

All u that stay home and watch on sto are making ohsaa happy. More viewers more money for tv rights. Not complaining about it just saying

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Dangit! my ignorance is showing lol

Return to “Football”