Ironton(7) @ (28)Coal Grove

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 8 (4-3) IRONTON @ (6-1) COAL GROVE.

Post by Buramgerdin »

Buckeyefan55, you do realize the past few years Ironton still resembles the Browns in a lot of ways other than the uniforms lol?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Steve Rogers wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:02 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:36 pm
Steve Rogers wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:33 pm IF...the biggest little word there is, Ironton wins out and makes the playoffs, will it be considered a successful season. Should they make postseason play as the #8 and have to play Wheelersburg, what then. Some people have gotten excited that Ironton has beaten SP, Peake and RH and assume they have “righted the ship” but seriously, does anyone honestly believe Ironton has a chance against Wheelersburg? Personally, I think the playoffs are not going to happen. They will be beaten by CG, coin toss with Gallia and will struggle mightily with Portsmouth.
Someone has to be the 8 seed, does anyone HONESTLY believe the 8 seed is going to beat Wheelersburg this year??? Making the Playoffs would be nice, that means we won out and ended up with a decent regular Season at 7-3.

I believe this should be a good game, hoping the Fighting Tigers come out on the winning side.
Forgive my hypocrisy but, an 8 seed Ironton beating a 1 isn’t so far fetched. I was a member of the 99 Ironton team that just barely snuck into the playoffs; 99 being the first season the regions expanded from 4 to 8 teams. We had been beaten by Belfry and DeSales in back-to-back weeks to finish 6-3 (open date week 8 I believe and lost to Burg week 1). I’m more than confident that no one outside Ironton gave us a chance yet, we rolled off 4 wins and just missed out on the state championship. The 99 team vs 17 are polar opposites and it’s hard to imagine any team in the area knocking of Wheelersburg but, then again, the post season is a new season and anything can happen. Just can’t count the chickens before they hatch...this team still has 3 important games to win.

that's what I was saying too.and I was basically speaking about the 99 team but that was a whole different era of ironton football.and I believed they could do it, I was at every game.and was at the state game as well.wonderfully exciting year. but those were different times all together.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Buramgerdin wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 am Buckeyefan55, you do realize the past few years Ironton still resembles the Browns in a lot of ways other than the uniforms lol?
[/quote

NOW THAT WEREN'T FUNNY, YOU HAIN'T RIGHT FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO THE FIGHTING TIGERS FRIDAY NIGHT AGAINST THE GROVE. I BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BESIDES THE TIGERS HAIN'T 0-5.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I still think I see no scenario where ironton wants anything else to do with burg this year. they are legitimate state championship contenders in d5 at this point. and are playing at a whole other level than ironton right now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Wheelersburg 2017 Football (7-0)

8/26 A Ironton (4-3) [5:19] W 48-3
9/1 H Fairland (4-3) [5:19] W 37-6
9/8 A Heath (3-4) [5:19] W 41-0
9/15 H Bishop Watterson (1-6) [3:11] W 47-17
9/22 A Jackson (6-1) [3:11] W 38-14
9/29 H Oak Hill (5-2) [5:19] W 44-0
10/6 H Waverly (5-2) [4:16] W 62-20
10/13 A Minford (3-4) [5:19]
10/20 A Valley (2-5) [6:23]
10/27 H Portsmouth West (7-0) [5:19]

this should explain that. we don't even need to be talking anything about burg now. coal grove is the hand we are dealt this week, and they are legit.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but to think burg has no transfers as well. you may be in la la land. but it is what it is.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Like I said in an earlier post, The Grove wins this game on the way to a 9-1 season and hosting a home playoff game.

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

Buramgerdin wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 am Buckeyefan55, you do realize the past few years Ironton still resembles the Browns in a lot of ways other than the uniforms lol?

Haha! That ain't right!

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Nice Kitty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:17 pm
Buddy Garrity wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:32 pm Ironton will continue to go the 2 best players on the team now to win, #7 and #44, and why? Because a job now depends on it!

Funny, how our Tiger's best talent lately is from transfers from other schools. Old habits are hard to break, I guess.
That's funny! That's what people are saying about RH! Their best player is a transfer from Ironton!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 am but to think burg has no transfers as well. you may be in la la land. but it is what it is.
Burg has one kid that came after jr high...
personally I don't care if a kid changes schools every year. If he is a stud any team will benefit from having him. Ironton is benefiting some from salyers.. burg is benefiting from lowery. Who really cares? It's not like we are a bunch of fish eaters stacking a team. Lol

Although if seo don't win a championship this year, I say we stack a local school with all the best player and do it next season. Haha let's all move to franklin furnace!

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Salyers , isn't really a transfer, his family moved from Wheelersburg to Ironton.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

flash wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:54 pm Salyers , isn't really a transfer, his family moved from Wheelersburg to Ironton.
You really need to look up transfer in the dictionary. He is a transfer. He transferred from one school to the other. His residence only contributes to his sports eligibility.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

flash wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:54 pm Salyers , isn't really a transfer, his family moved from Wheelersburg to Ironton.

LOL what is a transfer then?? And wow what a move is the first place.. Burg to Ironton SMH

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 pm

LOL what is a transfer then?? And wow what a move is the first place.. Burg to Ironton SMH
Irontons offense is much more qb friendly than the burgs :lol:

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Go Tigers!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BurgGrad6 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:28 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 am but to think burg has no transfers as well. you may be in la la land. but it is what it is.
personally I don't care if a kid changes schools every year. If he is a stud any team will benefit from having him. Ironton is benefiting some from salyers.. burg is benefiting from lowery. Who really cares? It's not like we are a bunch of fish eaters stacking a team. Lol

Although if seo don't win a championship this year, I say we stack a local school with all the best player and do it next season. Haha let's all move to franklin furnace!

really I could care less anymore myself. I moved my kids from rock hill to ironton myself in junior high. I had a bi-racial son in the rock hill district. and from my house to rock hill's school was 16 miles one way. from my house to ironton's parking lot was 8 miles. it makes more sense than you think especially having 2 in different grades. it was positive for my sons the time spent at rock hill and the time spent at ironton.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:28 pm

You sound like you don't care😂😂😂😂😂😉

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I really don't care much either anymore. it's not my place to know why a student wants to leave a district, or why the parents would want them moved. I loved the rock hill district as well. but honestly it was always in upheaval back then. and having a bi-racial son I just felt he needed that experience as well that ironton could provide. not only that, but it was twice as far to rock hill as it was to ironton, but I remained living in the rock hill district for 32 years.i was 8 miles out 141. just a couple houses past me was the symmes valley district.

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

Just an FYI for those who plan on attending: it is veterans night. All service men/women past and present will be admitted into the game for free. Spread the word! Thanks and Roll Coal!

Return to “Football”