Waverly(20) @ (62)Wheelersburg

Burg4
JV Team

Re: SOC2 WK7 Waverly (5-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-0)

Post by Burg4 »

This game will not be nearly as close as last year's Waverly game. After graduation and with the injuries this year, Waverly will have to fight hard to keep away from a running clock. After watching the Waverly-Valley game, I just do not see it being close tonight. Burg 49-6.

GO BURG!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

johndoe wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:48 am cant wait to see the burg go down tonight. #GOTIGERS
I'm just hoping it's a game...

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg. 49
West2.0 00
Final!

toast
All State

Post by toast »

No shutout tonight. :) :)

Waverly 7
Wheelersburg 0

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Did we really jump that many times or did the officials just make all those up?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

This one is more than over.....
Next?.....

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg really needs to get the penalties under control. They had six or seven false starts, in game 7 no less. Those shouldn't happen that often. We thought maybe Waverly was calling out signals or this crew was just flag happy. Also, I was wondering when Tanner would get the penalty for holding out his arms out like that on breakaways. He has done it all season and this crew was the first to flag him for it.

Other than the penalties it was just business as usual. Moving the ball at will and scoring in bunches. Defense looked solid except for a couple plays. Waverlys QB had a great arm and that long pass was right on the money. I think they will give West all they can handle.

Great win Pirates and good luck to the Tigers the rest of the season. It looks like we got a lot of wins tonight by fallen opponents so we should get a butt load of points.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Tough two days for Waverly in Wheelersburg. Lost SOC to Burg volleyball and girls soccer. Waverly Boys soccer lost to Burg and football team ultimately took a beating. There's always basketball I guess or wait till next year...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I read a comment earlier in the thread that a win tonight ties the school record of 32 straight regular season wins. Can a burgite verify this

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:02 pm Burg really needs to get the penalties under control. They had six or seven false starts, in game 7 no less. Those shouldn't happen that often. We thought maybe Waverly was calling out signals or this crew was just flag happy. Also, I was wondering when Tanner would get the penalty for holding out his arms out like that on breakaways. He has done it all season and this crew was the first to flag him for it.

Other than the penalties it was just business as usual. Moving the ball at will and scoring in bunches. Defense looked solid except for a couple plays. Waverlys QB had a great arm and that long pass was right on the money. I think they will give West all they can handle.

Great win Pirates and good luck to the Tigers the rest of the season. It looks like we got a lot of wins tonight by fallen opponents so we should get a butt load of points.
Personally I think the refs were just flag happy

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg was very sloppy tonight
Did not come out focused
Need to clean it up

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great game Burg!! When Waverly drove and scored first I thought this might be a game and then the Burg adjusted and took care of business

The officials were horrible!!! Everyone in the stands and even the radio guys were wondering how they called that Burg 2pt conversion out of bounds!!! He was at least two yards in bounds and you only need one foot in in HS!!

Tanner Holden!!! He is by far the greatest receiver I've ever watched in Southern Ohio in the 40 years I've seriously watched HS football. His breakaway speed is unbelievable!!! The scary part is he is only a Junior!!!!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

62 points

One TD away from 7 running clocks

7-0

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I thought there were a few questionable calls by the officials. But overall I think there were a few times when it looked like it was getting a little chippy and they were just trying to keep a handle on it an not lose control of the game. I also though maybe waverly was calling out some signals with all the false starts. It just looked to me like burg was maybe. Not quite as focused as they could be however when the unsportsmanlike penalty was called on the coaching staff it woke everyone up Especially tanner Holden. Who I thought then took over the game. Waverly is a good team. Definitely play to the whistle. It will be very interesting to see the outcome next week with them and west

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The officials took the fun out of the game for both teams. 23 calls total tonight between the two. Embarrassing. I know that officials get a hard time but a good officiating crew doesn’t get noticed.

Waverly couldn’t run at all. Holden is unreal.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:14 pm I read a comment earlier in the thread that a win tonight ties the school record of 32 straight regular season wins. Can a burgite verify this
Yes record is tied at 32 straight regular season victories. Nice job tonight boys. Both teams had to contend with flag happy refs tonight. Some flags were warranted but most were not. Waverly was just overmatched tonight. I originally predicted Burg 51-7 with Waverly only scoring against our subs. They had a couple long plays that Burg needs to contain moving forward. Sometimes our defense gets too aggressive and it gets used against us. We need to make those extra points too. That could be the difference between moving on to the next round or going home in the playoffs. Bottom line still a good victory and continued success for us the rest of the year. Go Burg!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:14 pm I read a comment earlier in the thread that a win tonight ties the school record of 32 straight regular season wins. Can a burgite verify this
Yes record is tied at 32 straight regular season victories. Nice job tonight boys. Both teams had to contend with flag happy refs tonight. Some flags were warranted but most were not. Waverly was just overmatched tonight. I originally predicted Burg 51-7 with Waverly only scoring against our subs. They had a couple long plays that Burg needs to contain moving forward. Sometimes our defense gets too aggressive and it gets used against us. We need to make those extra points too. That could be the difference between moving on to the next round or going home in the playoffs. Bottom line still a good victory and continued success for us the rest of the year. Go Burg!!
They were def flag happy that's for sure

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 pm The officials took the fun out of the game for both teams. 23 calls total tonight between the two. Embarrassing. I know that officials get a hard time but a good officiating crew doesn’t get noticed.

Looks like a theme tonight, Unioto in another thread I seen called for 22 penalties just as a team. Holden going up against a secondary where freshman are playing should be the one to take over and make it look easy. Seen him last year in the Jackson game and in this years Jackson game and personally walked away really impressed with how much his game has grown over the last year. Part of that I know is the scheme but looked to me like he's playing with more confidence and that determination to make a play.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 pm The officials took the fun out of the game for both teams. 23 calls total tonight between the two. Embarrassing. I know that officials get a hard time but a good officiating crew doesn’t get noticed.

How many procedure penalties? Sounds like 7-8 at least from post. So take those away from the total and that's how many flags you have.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Waverly was nasty with those screens. That kid can fly!!

Return to “Football”