Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I also hear ironton is taking any and all comers

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
letsgo
Waterboy

Re: South Point Football

Post by letsgo »

Herdfan73 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:00 pm
Buddy Garrity wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:55 pm Question: does the school administrators require drug testing for all extracurricular activities, or just for football?
Every sport and it's random
It used to be random but is not now. If you play a sport, you are tested.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

It should be any extra school activity it maybe already being done.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have a hard time to believe that anyone would know and let out how many people failed this test. If people do know how many failed and putting it out there they are probably not going to have a job long. Because I do believe in state of Ohio drug tests to a minor is considered confidential. So is the treatment on counseling afterwards and because it is confidential you usually can't suspend them for very long or anything. Now more then one fail another opinion usually that kid suspended from next extra curricular activity.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

pretty easy to figure out when 11 kids aren't dressing

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

svac83 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:31 am I have a hard time to believe that anyone would know and let out how many people failed this test. If people do know how many failed and putting it out there they are probably not going to have a job long. Because I do believe in state of Ohio drug tests to a minor is considered confidential. So is the treatment on counseling afterwards and because it is confidential you usually can't suspend them for very long or anything. Now more then one fail another opinion usually that kid suspended from next extra curricular activity.
Amen to that!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Omaha09 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:51 pm I heard 11 of them failed a drug test today
that is so sad , but I applaud them for doing it. they should be doing it statewide in every sport. no life is worth losing to drugs, especially youngster's with their whole live ahead of them. but again I applaud the district for doing it. if there are enough to play, even if young without just putting serious injuries into play. and no one knows that. it would good for them and the growth of the entire team.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:19 pm I also hear ironton is taking any and all comers

don't make me come over there ole buddy to give you an attitude adjustment. but if I have to i'll bring a couple fishin rods and a jug of luzianne sweet tea. HOW BIGGA BOY ARE YA, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, as roy d mercer would say.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:18 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:19 pm I also hear ironton is taking any and all comers

don't make me come over there ole buddy to give you an attitude adjustment. but if I have to i'll bring a couple fishin rods and a jug of luzianne sweet tea. HOW BIGGA BOY ARE YA, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, as roy d mercer would say.
You have seen my pic's ole bud im not a small feller around 6 foot tall and weigh in at about 385. Lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

okay I surrender, I'm too old to take a butt whoopin. that would be an instant seops classic though. I'm 5-8 and 290. so it would definitely be a heavy weight match the likes seops ain't never seen, lol

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:44 pm okay I surrender, I'm too old to take a butt whoopin. that would be an instant seops classic though. I'm 5-8 and 290. so it would definitely be a heavy weight match the likes seops ain't never seen, lol
Lol be 1 for the history book. Maybe we could charge thou and get some cash

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

So if it is because kids aren't dressing it happened when they all supposedly got injuries. Right because they had like 28 or 30 kids and they were down to 16 because of injuries if 11 more out I guess there down to 5 and will forfeiting. So what is it did they have kids get injured or did they fail drug tests.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

svac83 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:03 pm So if it is because kids aren't dressing it happened when they all supposedly got injuries. Right because they had like 28 or 30 kids and they were down to 16 because of injuries if 11 more out I guess there down to 5 and will forfeiting. So what is it did they have kids get injured or did they fail drug tests.
So much confusion my lil brain cannot handle it

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

It's the kids who failed talking!!!! Hell every kid in the school knew who failed because they tell each other!!! Hell their proud of it! They gangstes!!!! Then every kid comes home and tells Mom and Dad what's going on....This isn't rocket science!!
15 took test...7 passed 8 failed...That's the latest I heard but those numbers change every hour!!!!! heheheheheheh

golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

"South Point has not and does not plan on canceling one single football game. We are banged up, some have made stupid decisions and we are young! Instead of spreading rumors let's get behind a very good coaching staff and 17 of the finest young men and help them out! I promise you if anything major happens with our football season Mr. Christian and I will be the ones to let you know. Oh and by the way....we have about 420 students at SPHS, about 200 are involved in fall sports including 40 seniors (band, cheerleading, boys and girls soccer, volleyball, cross Country, boys and girls golf) about 194 of them 39 being seniors are 100% drug free. Let's put those numbers against any other school in the county! Oh wait! We are the only ones who test all their athletes. Hats of to Chesapeake who adopted our policy and will start testing this winter. Spread that around SP! I'm proud to be a Pointer! I'm proud of my students! I'm proud of my teachers! I'm proud of my coaching staff! I'm proud of our administration! Proud of our community! We are not perfect but dang gone it we try very very hard! Go Blue!!!!!"

Post from the South Point Athletic Boosters FB page about 4 hours ago.

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Every School should step up and do drug testing like South Point does..... As a matter of fact I'd go one step further a test the whole student body...Drugs are killing these kids...Catch it early maybe a life can be saved....Parents have to sign a consent form before their allowed to drug test kid....I don't know why a parent wouldn't but I'm sure there's some free spirit parents out there wearing beads and driving Psychedelic vans who wouldn't...SP principle has a great rule.. You don't take the test you don't play sports at SP!!!!!!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

There you have it. You beat me posting it, I couldnt figure out how to copy and paste from a screen shot.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Here's our yearly injury stats, from an oitsider who talks to the kids and coaches. One knee, one calf strain, one shoulder, one shoulder and back, 3 concussions, one broken arm, one shoulder and knee on same kid and a groin pull. Three of those are season ending. Two of those are the 1st and 2nd string qb's. Plus one kid out for weeks with mono.So with all the injuries and dumb decisions plus starting freshmen and sophomores it's no wonder we are struggling.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

osumufan wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:05 pm Here's our yearly injury stats, from an oitsider who talks to the kids and coaches. One knee, one calf strain, one shoulder, one shoulder and back, 3 concussions, one broken arm, one shoulder and knee on same kid and a groin pull. Three of those are season ending. Two of those are the 1st and 2nd string qb's. Plus one kid out for weeks with mono.So with all the injuries and dumb decisions plus starting freshmen and sophomores it's no wonder we are struggling.
cannot do much with that..ouch

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

donaldtrump wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 pm Every School should step up and do drug testing like South Point does..... As a matter of fact I'd go one step further a test the whole student body...Drugs are killing these kids...Catch it early maybe a life can be saved....Parents have to sign a consent form before their allowed to drug test kid....I don't know why a parent wouldn't but I'm sure there's some free spirit parents out there wearing beads and driving Psychedelic vans who wouldn't...SP principle has a great rule.. You don't take the test you don't play sports at SP!!!!!!
Are they just getting nailed for weed? Not that I condone teenagers smoking the reefer (or anything), but if it's only that then I'm led to believe the only deaths here are the contents of the snack cupboards.

Return to “Football”