West overrated

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: West overrated

Post by Sport Fan »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 am Not a troll. I'm a realist. But I do support all the area youth I just understand the type of talent that's away from here and what D1 receivers look like.
Let's put all individuals aside and look at the whole Team.. This Burg TEAM is the real deal.... and that is the Fact..

bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

I am now sold on West. Great win. It looks like they will roll into Week 10 being 9-0

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Good for the West fans and kids they have had couple of tough years. I hope they can win a bunch this year and get a home playoff game.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Many seo players have went to power 5 schools good luck to the kid he's a good 1. As far as west again if they get past waverly they run into burg at 9-0 run out 9-1 run through region 19 until the run into burg

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

^^^thats a big statement by me cause 19 has darn good teams just hope they can do it for SEO

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:05 pm Many seo players have went to power 5 schools good luck to the kid he's a good 1. As far as west again if they get past waverly they run into burg at 9-0 run out 9-1 run through region 19 until the run into burg
I agree, if West meets Wheelersburg with both being 9-0, West leaves 9-1.
Last edited by smurray on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

They real question is. how much do any of know about shroader outside of them only having 1 win

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I don't know about what goes on in Porter Twp, but West is focused on Minford. One game at a time and don't look that far ahead. Porter had also
better be getting ready for Oak Hill cause they ain't bad.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

West Side Pride wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:02 pm I don't know about what goes on in Porter Twp, but West is focused on Minford. One game at a time and don't look that far ahead. Porter had also
better be getting ready for Oak Hill cause they ain't bad.
Dude that's awesome calling us Porter. Nice! 👍

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

WOW!!! This thread is all over the place.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

LEFT

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Oooo look a cowdog

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

P(irate) wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:35 pm
PoundWESTpound wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm I don't understand how everyone thinks Wheelersburg is on another level. They are a very good football team but there not the greatest to play around here. Also yes last week was a big win against Watterson but Watterson was 3-7 last year and got pummeled in a few games. Look at what Hartley did to them. That would make them what Chillicothe if you compare scores. I don't think Chilli is a serious state contender in D3. Also, look at game last year vs burg. West played them tough lost by 10 in a hard fought game. West returns more than Wheelersburg. So to say they are on a different level is a little premature. West also played Burg in a jv game the other night where West was predominately Freshman and Burg played at least one senior who plays special teams on Friday night along with multiple juniors and about won the game. They scored on west with a hook and ladder right before the half. The final was 12-8 Burg. So don't be surprised if they get challenged by West this year.
😂 😂
PoundWestpound.....Burg has dominated southern Ohio football for quite some time now and consistently makes it farther than anyone in the playoffs every year. To say they do not play anyone is an unfair statement because they have to waste games every year on NW, Oak Hill, and yes even Minford at this point and time. They take care of business every game, usually with a running clock. That is what puts them on another level. When a team in the SOC beats, or consistently competes with Burg, then their "on another level" status can be questioned. Until then, do not hate what you cannot have. Any community would love to have the winning mentality Burg has. Burg may come off as cocky and arrogant but would we not act the same if we destroyed every team around? In my opinion, they can do whatever they please until someone knocks them off their throne. Also, JV ball means little to nothing and anyone around high school sports knows this. There is no game plan or anything. It's usually a free for all.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

falcon117 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:06 pm
P(irate) wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:35 pm
PoundWESTpound wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm I don't understand how everyone thinks Wheelersburg is on another level. They are a very good football team but there not the greatest to play around here. Also yes last week was a big win against Watterson but Watterson was 3-7 last year and got pummeled in a few games. Look at what Hartley did to them. That would make them what Chillicothe if you compare scores. I don't think Chilli is a serious state contender in D3. Also, look at game last year vs burg. West played them tough lost by 10 in a hard fought game. West returns more than Wheelersburg. So to say they are on a different level is a little premature. West also played Burg in a jv game the other night where West was predominately Freshman and Burg played at least one senior who plays special teams on Friday night along with multiple juniors and about won the game. They scored on west with a hook and ladder right before the half. The final was 12-8 Burg. So don't be surprised if they get challenged by West this year.
😂 😂
PoundWestpound.....Burg has dominated southern Ohio football for quite some time now and consistently makes it farther than anyone in the playoffs every year. To say they do not play anyone is an unfair statement because they have to waste games every year on NW, Oak Hill, and yes even Minford at this point and time. They take care of business every game, usually with a running clock. That is what puts them on another level. When a team in the SOC beats, or consistently competes with Burg, then their "on another level" status can be questioned. Until then, do not hate what you cannot have. Any community would love to have the winning mentality Burg has. Burg may come off as cocky and arrogant but would we not act the same if we destroyed every team around? In my opinion, they can do whatever they please until someone knocks them off their throne. Also, JV ball means little to nothing and anyone around high school sports knows this. There is no game plan or anything. It's usually a free for all.

What I respect the most about the Burg is that the teams. coaches never are arrogant, cocky , however the are confident. They take care of business each practice and each game, you can rest assure that the Team does not look ahead , it has and will continue to be one game at a time. Some people on these threads my be cocky , however the team is not..

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think West will challenge the Burg, just not beat them.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Nice to know we have Waverly guys on here predicting us to get beat by West! Wow, one loss and the bandwagon sure does lose a lot of passengers....pitiful!

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

After watching both teams play, I'll give a slight advantage to Burg, and that is only because of Tanner Holden. While West has excellent defensive backs, I think his size and speed still gives him the edge.

Every other aspect of their games seem to be fairly even. I'll give West an advantage on the ground game, but not enough of one to overcome what Burg does through the air.

Anybody at the Raceland game knows that was easily a 3 TD game if not for 6 or 7 conveniently timed penalties that all seemed to go in the favor of Raceland. They definitely have a solid team, but West was on another level. I know placing blame on officials is usually unfair scapegoating, but maaaaaan that was bad. The final score sells West way short of the way they played.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Not from Waverly but we have to show some respect for them in this thread. I think Waverly will be the biggest test West will see till week 10

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hylander wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:04 pm After watching both teams play, I'll give a slight advantage to Burg, and that is only because of Tanner Holden. While West has excellent defensive backs, I think his size and speed still gives him the edge.

Every other aspect of their games seem to be fairly even. I'll give West an advantage on the ground game, but not enough of one to overcome what Burg does through the air.

Anybody at the Raceland game knows that was easily a 3 TD game if not for 6 or 7 conveniently timed penalties that all seemed to go in the favor of Raceland. They definitely have a solid team, but West was on another level. I know placing blame on officials is usually unfair scapegoating, but maaaaaan that was bad. The final score sells West way short of the way they played.
There is no advantage for west in this game. Burgs run defense has proved themselves. They are 8 deep at d line . 8! They completely shut down Jackson rushing attack to 40 yards per quarter and holding their best back to 66 yards and he is lightning fast. West is good but they will have to hope for short fields and turnovers to win the game.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burgs run D is very good
This burg team is one of the more complete burg teams I've seen

Return to “Football”