Week 9 - Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Valley (7-0)

juke boxer
JV Team

Re: Week 9 - Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Valley (7-0)

Post by juke boxer »

Valley = 0 chance.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

The opinions are strong for this game. Whoever thinks Wheelersburg will win, strongly believes so. The Valley fans or ppl who believe Valley will be "right there" or win, I'm sure believe it as well.
I hope it's a great game. Valley has had a great run with some fun teams to watch. Those who live in Lucasville (I'm guessing) believe this will be the best chance at an SOC Championship for a good 4 years or so. And maybe that is wrong, but the talent of this team is the reason. Valley's depth is not as easy to replace, but in the last 10 years, they have done it!! So no excuses here. I said before that I really am looking forward to the Playoff run that is coming. I'm hopeful as Tjhtygeverve said earlier that both teams come out healthy here. They should be representing SE Ohio in a great run toward a Region Championship. And to me, That is more important. I know it's a big game coming up tho and I expect it to be "Hyped" as such!!!
My personal thoughts on the game are that Valley should be able to get some points. That Rolfe will need time to pass or will need lanes to run to make that happen.
I believe Wheelersburg will be able to do many things as well. They are solid across the board. Tackling, running the ball, and their passing game has improved.
It will depend on how the game starts.... If the Indians are in it after 1 quarter and then again at half, the odds obviously increase. Valley has to come out and play each play and respond the same way as a Regional Champion should respond, with poise and control. Nothing is too big of a moment for either team. If Wheelersburg jumps up early, they will try to shorten the game and use that to get the win.
I'm excited for it. Rooting for a Valley win. But hoping more importantly, that both teams come out healthy....

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I agree pmow3. Finishing with the Burg and Minford is a pretty darn good way to get ready for the playoffs.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

juke boxer wrote:Valley = 0 chance.
Amazing analysis.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Crab's brother wrote:
Amazing analysis.

Bwahahaaaaa....!! :lol: :lol: #Analytical

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Well they have a chance if they show up.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

pmow3 wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:
Amazing analysis.

Bwahahaaaaa....!! :lol: :lol: #Analytical
Visual analytics

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Minford first. Talk about Valley next week.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Minford first. Talk about Valley next week.
The coaching staffs at both schools are so good that there isn't a thing said on these boards that means a thing.

And we don't have a game this week and I can only read so much Logan and Ironton drivel. :122245 :122245

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Crab's brother wrote:
The coaching staffs at both schools are so good that there isn't a thing said on these boards that means a thing.

And we don't have a game this week and I can only read so much Logan and Ironton drivel. :122245 :122245
I understand completely. It must suck not to have a game to watch or talk about this week. I see this thread reaching 20 or more pages by next Friday.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

pmow3 wrote:The opinions are strong for this game. Whoever thinks Wheelersburg will win, strongly believes so. The Valley fans or ppl who believe Valley will be "right there" or win, I'm sure believe it as well.
I hope it's a great game. Valley has had a great run with some fun teams to watch. Those who live in Lucasville (I'm guessing) believe this will be the best chance at an SOC Championship for a good 4 years or so. And maybe that is wrong, but the talent of this team is the reason. Valley's depth is not as easy to replace, but in the last 10 years, they have done it!! So no excuses here. I said before that I really am looking forward to the Playoff run that is coming. I'm hopeful as Tjhtygeverve said earlier that both teams come out healthy here. They should be representing SE Ohio in a great run toward a Region Championship. And to me, That is more important. I know it's a big game coming up tho and I expect it to be "Hyped" as such!!!
My personal thoughts on the game are that Valley should be able to get some points. That Rolfe will need time to pass or will need lanes to run to make that happen.
I believe Wheelersburg will be able to do many things as well. They are solid across the board. Tackling, running the ball, and their passing game has improved.
It will depend on how the game starts.... If the Indians are in it after 1 quarter and then again at half, the odds obviously increase. Valley has to come out and play each play and respond the same way as a Regional Champion should respond, with poise and control. Nothing is too big of a moment for either team. If Wheelersburg jumps up early, they will try to shorten the game and use that to get the win.
I'm excited for it. Rooting for a Valley win. But hoping more importantly, that both teams come out healthy....
Why if this game is close at half , it would obviously increase the odds for Valley?? Last year the score was 14 to 7 at half and ended 35 to 7?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

chicken_coop wrote:
wobycat wrote:Definitely way too early. Burg has to deal with a fired up minford team. On paper burg should win but still has to be played out. Not seen valley play but burg is pretty good this year. If burg can control the line of scrimmage with their four man front like they did against Jackson then burg wins. If not valley could put some points on the board and come out on top.

I disagree with valley being the clear favorite to win the region. I believe they are one of the teams but their region has some other contenders.
I would put the defending regional champion as a favorite.
I will 2nd this!! valley -2 1/2 with a 37 1/2 total!!! good luck to both teams involved and whatever you do valley score atleast 15 cause "burg grad 06" said it aint happening LOL

injury free to both teams
valley 21-14

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Sport Fan wrote:
pmow3 wrote:The opinions are strong for this game. Whoever thinks Wheelersburg will win, strongly believes so. The Valley fans or ppl who believe Valley will be "right there" or win, I'm sure believe it as well.
Why if this game is close at half , it would obviously increase the odds for Valley?? Last year the score was 14 to 7 at half and ended 35 to 7?
Please tell me you understand my point? If you don't get that, then what is the point of posting things on here?
Because if Valley is down 55-0 at half, the odds Valley will come back to win would be unlikely... Yes I know the score of last year's game. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:

I understand completely. It must suck not to have a game to watch or talk about this week. I see this thread reaching 20 or more pages by next Friday.
If I were a betting man I'd bet my last dollar there will be plenty of Valley fans watching the Burg/Minford game... :mrgreen: I imagine there will be a large crowd taking in the game.

48ce
Waterboy

Post by 48ce »

I would expect most of the coaching staff and better part of the players from Valley to be at Minford tonight..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

White Horse wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:By the posts you'd think Valley just joined the SOC II, and hadn't won 3 of the last 4 conference titles.

As far as this game goes, it should be a good one. If Valley can get completely healthy or close to it, they will have a chance.

Burg is obviously the favorite as the undefeated defending champion, but the Indians have a group that will be ready to play, and I think the deep playoff run to the state will help these seniors when the big stage presents itself next Friday night.

Valley will surprise a lot of folks in SEO, but not in Lucasville.

Indians 27
Pirates 24
The pedestal that everybody has Burg on just keeps getting taller ... :roll:
And taller and taller and taller and so on and so forth. We all know why. Burg, and Valley as well, are the new standard in SEO football. With Burg playing at the level they are with consistency it's hard not to. 3 years in a row all have said that Burg will be down. That doesn't happen. They rebuild from 7&8 grade to reload in HS. They will have quite a few good years ahead of them with all the talent being molded in that school. Burg is the pedestal. They will keep getting taller if nobody can catch up.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:
wobycat wrote:Definitely way too early. Burg has to deal with a fired up minford team. On paper burg should win but still has to be played out. Not seen valley play but burg is pretty good this year. If burg can control the line of scrimmage with their four man front like they did against Jackson then burg wins. If not valley could put some points on the board and come out on top.

I disagree with valley being the clear favorite to win the region. I believe they are one of the teams but their region has some other contenders.
I would put the defending regional champion as a favorite.
I will 2nd this!! valley -2 1/2 with a 37 1/2 total!!! good luck to both teams involved and whatever you do valley score atleast 15 cause "burg grad 06" said it aint happening LOL

injury free to both teams
valley 21-14
I think CG is going to go ahead and continue his walk to Lucasville to get a bite of that crow. He has to love it, he has to eat it all the time.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Is Valleys defense that tough that they can hold the Burg to 14 points? I saw a few posts showing the Pirates with 14 points. That offense is very high powered and can move fast in the no huddle or line up and run it right your throat. Can the Indians stop that? Is their defense that tough? No one else has stopped it yet this year.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

42-7 burg rolls. Who's next..??...

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I heard from the inside that this one should end 42-12 Burg.

Return to “Football”