Fort Frye upsets Caldwell 15-9 to win PVC

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 8 Caldwell (7-0) @ Fort Frye (7-0) PVC Championship

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

EasternDspy wrote:Yes the the GPS should get you there and stadium is right behind the school and easy to find. No speedways in Beverly but there is a Marathon right in front of the school. Glad to have you pick this game and we don't have reserve seats at all pretty big bleachers so as long as your there by 6 for the 7 o'clock kickoff you'll be fine. Go Cadets
Thanks.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

How healthy are both teams?

I did see on another site that one team had the injury bug beat them up pretty good last week.

studRB
Waterboy

Post by studRB »

Should be a good game. I've seen both play. Caldwell's line impresses me more, also their QB play. The freshman for FF is good, but not as good as Caldwell's QB. Caldwell by 14+

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Don't think Cadets have any varsity injuries

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Think Caldwell might be without Jack Ridenour and Bricker.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

So maybe Caldwell does have some unmentioned injuries.

RvFan02
Waterboy

Post by RvFan02 »

Caldwell has been without Lori since week 2, so that is no surprise to anyone. Ridenour was hurt against Rosecrans last week. Only injuries that I am aware of.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Heller did make his return a week or two ago from the broken leg he suffered in the off season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Heard Ivey banged up his knee last week not sure if he's out or nor

RvFan02
Waterboy

Post by RvFan02 »

I know he did go off the field limping Friday....David Ivey that is. Dalton Ivey, our running back, is fine. Not sure what the extent of David's injury is. He is a beast on Defense and would be missed!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hasn't David already tore his ACL 2 times?

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

EasternDspy wrote:Hasn't David already tore his ACL 2 times?
AT LEAST ONCE IM AWARE OF. CALDWELL IS SETTING WITH SAME TEAM SINCE WEEK 2 ( -RIDENOUR)..THEY WILL BE 100% READY YOU CAN BET ON THAT

FF IS A GOOD TEAM AND EVEN BETTER NEXT YEAR BUT BEING TOTALLY HONEST THIS IS CALDWELLS YEAR AND I DONT BELEIVE THEY WILL LOSE A REGULAR SEASON GAME .

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS I WONT MISS THIS ONE...STAY INJURY FREE AS BOTH THESE TEAMS WILL SEE WEEK 11

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think it was 2 times his freshman and sophomore year.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

David Ivey has had two ACL injuries, he is an absolute animal from the defensive end position, arguably the best Redskin player on that side of the ball. Saw him go down last week, didn't look promising. Was told that he dislocated a knee cap or something but is probably going to play. Sounded painful to me. Ridenour is a solid receiver, heard this morning he might play. Knee injury but must not be that serious. When it happened people were saying torn ACL. Heller is back but doesn't look full speed yet. They're banged up but they are deep and very physical.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Caldwell was the favorite to win the league. They're looking really strong, but with some of their key players banged up or not even playing, this one might be pretty interesting.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Looks like we won't really know who is/isn't playing till come game time. Turnovers, like usual, will be key, and that's one department Caldwell's always done well in so far this season. Seems they experimented with a couple different things to give opposing defenses more to worry about. End arounds, Ivey at QB, etc. This team has plenty of athletes all over the field. Ivey has really come into his own at RB (almost 200 yards on less than 10 carries against Frontier), Mettler looks to have become the go-to receiver and and excellent returner, while guys like Haga can provide speed in the open field, and we all know Clark's capabilities. Fort always plays Caldwell tough, and i don't expect this game to be any different. But I think the defense stands tall and the line opens up enough holes, sticking with Caldwell in this one.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort will be playing and fueled by emotion in this one. Anthony Winters will have to have a huge game the DE/DT/ G will have to anchor the trenches on both sides of the ball here lately the Sr has been being double teamed hopefully that opens up Brady and Layton. Cadets must stop the run better then they did last week. This season the Cadets have relied on the big play they will probably need a few of those. I think Fort will try to slow the game down and make it close in the 4th qt. Fort Frye has only lost 2 games in 4 yrs in Beverly one of them being a 19-20 loss to Caldwell 2 seasons ago.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell has yet to beat a team that currently has a winning record I don't think this has anything to do with the kinda team they are just an observation.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

True. Some teams aren't performing to the level that I thought they would going into the season. (Liberty Union and Shadyside) Waverly however, was a quality opponent. While they're only 3-4 at the moment, the combined record of the teams they've lost to is 28-0. This game will be the next true test for these two until playoff time.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Agreed I don't think either teams will have a tough game after this one though Cam Nelson from Wirt is really good.

Return to “Football”