Week 7-- Gallipolis at Minford

vladimir
S

Re: Week 7-- Gallipolis at Minford

Post by vladimir »

42-6 Falcons with a running clock in the 4th. The offense looks like it may have found the chemistry to start moving the ball with consistency. # 8 in red really took over tonight. Great team win!! Congrats Red!!

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Keep you head's up and keep playing go big blue.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Nice win Falcons!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

kvnchambers wrote:Good win by Minford. they have a pretty nice team Gallia not very good this year. Minford boy was robbed on pick 6 as a great block was ruled block in back. the kick out of bounce was really close but from filming in press box looked like right call to me. But that was the worst officiated game I have scene all year. Way to many calls made by refs 30 yards away with bad angels. when a ref 5 yards away with great angle no call. Also unsportsmanlike like penalties from at least that far away that weren't even there. but none of that had a effect on outcome of game.
If it didn't affect the outcome then why post about it?

I do find it odd that you complain about officials making calls from too far away but you give your opinion from the press box? I have an offer for you though. I am certified to teach the OHSAA football class and would love have someone like you take the class and become a licensed official. You would have to call the game from the field though. The OHSAA won't approve officials calling the games from the press box. PM me if you're interested an we'll get you signed up next year.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Rut ro Kev, you have riled-up one of the self-proclaimed officiating gods! Shame on you for questioning them!

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
kvnchambers wrote:Good win by Minford. they have a pretty nice team Gallia not very good this year. Minford boy was robbed on pick 6 as a great block was ruled block in back. the kick out of bounce was really close but from filming in press box looked like right call to me. But that was the worst officiated game I have scene all year. Way to many calls made by refs 30 yards away with bad angels. when a ref 5 yards away with great angle no call. Also unsportsmanlike like penalties from at least that far away that weren't even there. but none of that had a effect on outcome of game.
If it didn't affect the outcome then why post about it?

I do find it odd that you complain about officials making calls from too far away but you give your opinion from the press box? I have an offer for you though. I am certified to teach the OHSAA football class and would love have someone like you take the class and become a licensed official. You would have to call the game from the field though. The OHSAA won't approve officials calling the games from the press box. PM me if you're interested an we'll get you signed up next year.[/quote
I love it when a CERTIFIED OHSAA OFFICIAL calls out a fan.. Kv, I have more faith in your opinion than this so called expert. Maybe BWH taught this group of officials, that's why he is offended. Was he at the game or is he just one of these know it all's who believe officials never make questionable calls? I bet this guy trained all the officials that worked the tank when Lutz was coaching. We all know how that usually turned out....

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It's HS refs. They get calls wrong. In the second half if their is a running clock the refs throw more flags to keep the score low.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Think this is funny. it was just my opinion it was a bad officiated game. Also the comment about filming from press box was. I meant i had the ability to look at the play a couple of extra times. that a live ref did not was all. same thing on personal foul calls. when i am zoomed in on the tackle on a run i have a great view. sometimes my view very crappy. as i am to wide getting all players in to see a foul close up. If someone else thought it was a great ref game oh well. And i have been a certified official years ago. Got certified while in the navy on instructor duty at NAS Oceana. Officiating was a great way to earn some extra cash. I loved doing it. It is not an easy job and a lot of people booed me and complained about my calls. I did the best i could as certainly all officials do. But i knew i wasn't perfect just did best job i could. When i first got out of navy i did a little officiating in Ohio in early 90's. My job though i work a lot of nights and a lot of weekends and my kids were involved in sports. So i spent my free time doing other things. All officials do the best job that they can do i believe but sometimes they don't have good games. Trust me the blue devils are a bad football team and make lots of legitimate penalties and have no problems with those. And refs are going to miss some calls. Have no problems with that either. But you have several Refs on a field for a reason. and when one Ref is calling almost all the penalties that are called in a game no matter where on field they happen that is a problem.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

And just so we are clear i am not a rules expert. i get confused now between college rules pro rules and all the new rules that seem to change yearly. Officials do a thankless job and i don't boo them at games i may disagree or think a call is horrible but i keep my mouth shut. My friends that are officials now i would never approach and say you suck or made bad calls too. They are my friends doing a thankless job. But i will go on an open message board and say if i thought a game was badly officiated or not it is a place to voice opinions. no one has to read them who doesn't want to.

Return to “Football”