Week 7: Jackson Ironmen (5-1) @ Logan Chieftains (6-0) SEOAL

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Week 7: Jackson Ironmen (5-1) @ Logan Chieftains (6-0) S

Post by BurgGrad6 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I corrected that I meant ironmen. I was surprised because the burg mopped the floor with the ironmen.
and logan has been winning some big contests. I just thought logan would win. I said congratulations to them. but if I were a bettin man, I'd have lost here.
Hey bait, did it ever occur to you that burg is a lot better than they played week 1? Jackson is a good team! This score didn't surprise me at all. I EXPECT jackson to go 9-1

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Great win by Jackson. I love it. Proves how good Wheelersburg is. The SOC has some good football going on this year. And from scores I'm seeing. Some are better than D2 teams!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Congrats to the Ironmen. Been off the grid most of the weeekend.

"They are who we thought they were." Would have liked to have seen Logan's defense with McBride at LB, something I know coach Burke and staff were planning on using and we hadn't got to see all season, but that doesn't take away from the Jackson win. The Ironmen were better. They executed on big plays and Logan did not.

Thought Bryce Hall had a really strong defensive game. Lots have mentioned Cooper - who was very impressive - but Roseberry is the guy still giviing me nightmares. Best of luck to the Ironmen the rest of the way. Will be interesting to compare DeSales to the Ironmen this week.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:Watched a lot of film on Jackson over on MaxPreps and one major thing sticks out about Jackson -- SLOW, very slow. Not impressed with what I saw. Especially the game film on Warren ( those guys are awful) . Many teams up here run the same O as Jackson and they wouldn't be very good trying to run it up here. The grandson plays the Slotback and runs the Jet sweep in addition to being a major pass target so I see a lot of them and area teams doing the same things.. Jackson just simply not very impressive.
Good thing Jackson is so slow. Think how bad the score would have been if they were fast like those teams up there. Also good for Logan that they kept with the "weak SEO schedule" and didn't venture up where Paladoe lives. With all that speed they have Logan would have gotten killed. :lol:

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:Be my guest. Go over to MaxPreps and watch ALL the film on Jackson. Then tell me they have "speed". :roll: On film, no matter what they run, its slow. Its funny that the Warren Game that they ran the Spread O and used the Jet sweep which is a "speed" play. It is laughable. Would appear that all Jackson has been doing is trying to "muscle" people and that works with weak teams, as much of SEO is. Didn't work on the Burg. Don't expect it to work on Logan either. 8)

Plus, I see major problems for Jackson with Logan's pass game. This is supposed to be a close game. Once it starts , that may be in doubt.
It's a good thing for Jackson that Logan is one of those "weak teams, as much as SEO is." Otherwise they would not have been able to "muscle" them. :mrgreen:

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

LoganLocos wrote:Congrats to the Ironmen. Been off the grid most of the weeekend.

"They are who we thought they were." Would have liked to have seen Logan's defense with McBride at LB, something I know coach Burke and staff were planning on using and we hadn't got to see all season, but that doesn't take away from the Jackson win. The Ironmen were better. They executed on big plays and Logan did not.

Thought Bryce Hall had a really strong defensive game. Lots have mentioned Cooper - who was very impressive - but Roseberry is the guy still giviing me nightmares. Best of luck to the Ironmen the rest of the way. Will be interesting to compare DeSales to the Ironmen this week.
Just one more year of nightmares for you Locos on those three you mentioned (Cooper, Hall, Roseberry)...once you get back to sleep don't forget about Potter and Williams for another year as well.

Hope the McBride kid can go for you guys this week, good luck!

Return to “Football”