Week 7: Jackson Ironmen (5-1) @ Logan Chieftains (6-0) SEOAL

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Week 7: Jackson Ironmen (5-1) @ Logan Chieftains (6-0) S

Post by C-Bolt »

We will see Paldi. As long as the weather not too bad I'm not too worried about the offense,they will score points,but the defense is always a worry now days against better competition.One thing I noticed last year was Logan was selling out to stop the run so much that most of the game they had no safety in the middle of the field,I was surprised Jackson didn't take more advantage of that,but they really didn't need to because once the runner broke through the line he was gone.It will be interesting to see if Burke does that again and if Jackson capitalizes this year.

ovcbuck77
Waterboy

Post by ovcbuck77 »

35-21...Jackson rolls in this one. Offense proves to be too much and the defense will make stops when needed. Jackson is too tough and has learned from their mistakes made the Wheelersburg loss, namely special teams mishaps, and lack of agressiveness. They will come well-prepared for this one. The Ironmen stigma is still very alive in the SEOAL.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Game can be heard on loganfootball.com starting at 6:45 with pregame.

Logan needs to get better play from the LB spots. Which in my opinion is key this week. Jackson likes the unbalanced look and they want to run the ball right at you. Logan's LBs will need to pursue the football and make plays. If Smith is making tackles from the Safety spot all night, it will be a long night for Logan. The Chiefs get Eddie Lanning back this week up front which will help if he is on his game. I think the offense will score points for Logan and I dont think the Jackson defense is as strong as they were last year but theyre still very very good. If the Logan defense plays well it could be a good night for the Purple and White. The Jackson offense will be a load for the Logan defense for sure with Sexton leading the way.

Its Homecoming. Its Jackson. 42-7 last year. Logan will be ready to go. Rain will be gone by kickoff. This is THE game. Jackson is a solid football team on both sides but I like the Logan offense over the Jackson defense.

Logan 35 Jackson 27

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Logan grad wrote:Game can be heard on loganfootball.com starting at 6:45 with pregame.

Logan needs to get better play from the LB spots. Which in my opinion is key this week. Jackson likes the unbalanced look and they want to run the ball right at you. Logan's LBs will need to pursue the football and make plays. If Smith is making tackles from the Safety spot all night, it will be a long night for Logan. The Chiefs get Eddie Lanning back this week up front which will help if he is on his game. I think the offense will score points for Logan and I dont think the Jackson defense is as strong as they were last year but theyre still very very good. If the Logan defense plays well it could be a good night for the Purple and White. The Jackson offense will be a load for the Logan defense for sure with Sexton leading the way.

Its Homecoming. Its Jackson. 42-7 last year. Logan will be ready to go. Rain will be gone by kickoff. This is THE game. Jackson is a solid football team on both sides but I like the Logan offense over the Jackson defense.

Logan 35 Jackson 27
I can't tell you how refreshing it is to read an intelligent post without all the ridicule and nonsense.

Even though it is against the team I am rooting for lol, it is knowledgeable and makes legitimate points about both teams.

Thank you.

Go Red!

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

I think if Logans' offense will put up some good numbers.... Hopefully the defense will be much improved to keep Jacksons' scoring down... There's no doubt that Logan can be scary good if they put it all together, but I haven't seen that yet. I can't say that last weekends game was it "Shadyside" is not a good team this year. This game will set the tone for the playoffs.

I am hoping for a huge crowd, this being homecoming weekend, and the fact that its Jackson is coming to town should pull the numbers up.. :)

With that, all you fans that don't want to fight the traffic out of the parking lot, come see me accross fromt he main doors of the school... I will be allowing parking again this year "for a small donation"... Come early or late... I will be there until right at kickoff.. But someone will get you parked... Have a great game, and GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Jackson fans will see for the first time this year Williams on the field at the same time as Sexton, Potter, Barger , Cooper, Roseberry and crew.

Should add another dimension to both sides of the ball I think.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Jackson 27
Logan 21

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay643 wrote:Jackson fans will see for the first time this year Williams on the field at the same time as Sexton, Potter, Barger , Cooper, Roseberry and crew.

Williams can be a difference maker. Especially on offense to give them a "big" option at tailback to go along with Rafferty and McCoy.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan in a close one

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LoganLocos wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:Jackson fans will see for the first time this year Williams on the field at the same time as Sexton, Potter, Barger , Cooper, Roseberry and crew.

Williams can be a difference maker. Especially on offense to give them a "big" option at tailback to go along with Rafferty and McCoy.
Rafferty?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Freudian slip.

Meant Farley obviously. Williams could give them that big TB w/ speed option they had with Rafferty last fall.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Won't be able to make it tomorrow. Will be listening in for sure. DP643 I prefer my pizza crossing with pepperoni and sausage. Thanks in advance.

I honestly don't know what to think of this game other than how huge it is. Logan is obviously very good and at home but I feel Jackson will rise with their best game of the season. I hope Williams can be a big factor.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Softball7 wrote:Will the La Cascada restaurant in Logan be televising this game?
They might have a game on but it would be futbal. :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Logan in a close one.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Here is the game summary! How well did Logan's defense play? Answer if the defense holds the ironboys under 32 points Logan will have a very good chance to WIN! IF NOT the Chiefs will be in trouble! Our 2nd and 3rd level of defense will have to play their best game of the year!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Good luck IRONMEN!!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Good Luck to the Chiefs. Should be a great game .

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

dazed&confused wrote:
Softball7 wrote:Will the La Cascada restaurant in Logan be televising this game?
They might have a game on but it would be futbal. :lol:
LOL, he will never see a Logan football game on TV around here.Although this is homecoming weekend so maybe just maybe a Saturday morning surprise,but it would be the only one.BTW Jackson won the Freshman game last night 40-14 I think was the score,game was more competitive than last years 8th grade game although Jackson's best player was not playing.
Last edited by C-Bolt on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

GO RED !!!! Wish I could be there tonight.

gator
Waterboy

Post by gator »

If you play for Logan, you grow up learning to hate Jackson and that they are your rival. If you can't get excited as a player to play in this particular game, you shouldn't even show up Friday. Logan 38 Jackson 22

Return to “Football”