Week 7: Jackson Ironmen (5-1) @ Logan Chieftains (6-0) SEOAL

indianabuck
All State

Re: Week 6: Jackson Ironmen (5-1) @ Logan Chieftains (6-0) S

Post by indianabuck »

This will be a 4th quarter come down to final possession game. It is too close to call imo. Good luck to both teams.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Another day of hard work and prep for the ironboys!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Locos, can you or a moderator get the "Week 6" title changed to "Week 7" lol...for some reason this is bothering me lol.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay643 wrote:Locos, can you or a moderator get the "Week 6" title changed to "Week 7" lol...for some reason this is bothering me lol.
Yep. My bad.

doubleplay643
S

Re: Week 7: Jackson Ironmen (5-1) @ Logan Chieftains (6-0) S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Tough match-up for the Ironmen.

We will need to play our best game yet to get a win this Friday. Executing on offense keeping the ball, getting some first downs and avoiding turnovers will be a key in this game. We have yet to play a real clean game yet on that side of ball.

Look for Logan to use their special teams to try and gain some momentum. Appears they have successfully executed on-side kicks in several games this year, I imagine we will see this as well so will need to prepare for it.

Good luck Red!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Watched a lot of film on Jackson over on MaxPreps and one major thing sticks out about Jackson -- SLOW, very slow. Not impressed with what I saw. Especially the game film on Warren ( those guys are awful) . Many teams up here run the same O as Jackson and they wouldn't be very good trying to run it up here. The grandson plays the Slotback and runs the Jet sweep in addition to being a major pass target so I see a lot of them and area teams doing the same things.. Jackson just simply not very impressive.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I agree. Jackson isn't very impressive at all. Very slow on offense , don't tackle well and slow to the football. Logan is hue favorite here . A bigger school, 6-0, at Logan. I just hope the Ironmen don't have a running clock

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

As the old saying goes, until someone beats JHS in the SEOAL, the Ironmen are still defending league champs. Logan is scoring 37.8 points a game and giving up 23.8. Jackson is scoring 22.8 and giving up 13.4. Logan can't give up 22.8 points and still win. I'll have to pick the Ironmen in a "thriller diller."

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Paladin wrote:Watched a lot of film on Jackson over on MaxPreps and one major thing sticks out about Jackson -- SLOW, very slow. Not impressed with what I saw. Especially the game film on Warren ( those guys are awful) . Many teams up here run the same O as Jackson and they wouldn't be very good trying to run it up here. The grandson plays the Slotback and runs the Jet sweep in addition to being a major pass target so I see a lot of them and area teams doing the same things.. Jackson just simply not very impressive.
It is official Logan fan's should be worried now.

The same guy who said there was no TVC D1 talent last year (prior to four guys going D1 last year that I know of from Athens alone), not to mention Jalen Prater from Wellston being on the cover of the Northwestern football magazine last week with the other two starting LB's. Plus Reagan Williams going to Stanford from Jackson. Well I guess he missed that call.

The same guy who said Athens played in the minor leagues last year, whoops they played in the state D3 finals.

Yep the ultimate prognosticator just made the call for Friday...and Logan fans should now be officially worried lol.

For the record I think this is a tough game for the Ironmen, Logan seems to be a lot like Burg but with a passing game.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Don't let me forget super Paladin-prognostication skills when he called for Athens being drubbed by Big Red last year. Forgot that one.

Dang it, hate when I can't remember all of his skillful predictions.

There are so many to list.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dandy Don wrote:Don't let me forget super Paladin-prognostication skills when he called for Athens being drubbed by Big Red last year. Forgot that one.

Dang it, hate when I can't remember all of his skillful predictions.

There are so many to list.

Like the ones Wellsville was to win..... :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Paladin wrote:Watched a lot of film on Jackson over on MaxPreps and one major thing sticks out about Jackson -- SLOW, very slow. Not impressed with what I saw. Especially the game film on Warren ( those guys are awful) . Many teams up here run the same O as Jackson and they wouldn't be very good trying to run it up here. The grandson plays the Slotback and runs the Jet sweep in addition to being a major pass target so I see a lot of them and area teams doing the same things.. Jackson just simply not very impressive.
You say you watched a lot of film lol, and then comment on the jet sweep offense we run lol???

The jet sweeps ran at Warren were probably the first ones I have seen since 2011/2012 whenever McNelly last played. So, unless you watched 4 years worth of film you would realize that is not our offense. My guess is it was ran because between the hashes the field was for all intents and purposes unplayable. Grass field at the bottom of Warren HS after 4-5 inches of rain will cause that I suppose. There was no way to stay upright between the hashes much less block, run or tackle for thst matter. The decision to jet sweep and try and get to something that wasn't mud was what we opted for and it did the job given the circumstances.

Jackson may not be impressive to you, but you acting like you understand what offense we run when we haven't jet sweeped in 4 years lol is not very impressive either.

The un-impressive Ironmen will show up to play rest assured. You may win with a running clock like we did last year but we will be present and accounted for come Friday night. Hope it is a good battle.

Congrats to your grandson sounds like a good player, enjoy the moment, and all the other kids that play with him. It is great fun to watch your own son or grandson play.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

It begins tonight!
Logan 7th grade @ Jackson 5:00 p.m.
Logan 8th grade @ Jackson 8th 6:30 p.m.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Ultron wrote:It begins tonight!
Logan 7th grade @ Jackson 5:00 p.m.
Logan 8th grade @ Jackson 8th 6:30 p.m.
Go Chiefs!

Freshmen play tomorrow night at 5:30.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Anyone know how Jackson's Freshman and middle school teams are doing so far this year?

Softball 7
Riding the Bench

Post by Softball 7 »

Will the La Cascada restaurant in Logan be televising this game?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Be my guest. Go over to MaxPreps and watch ALL the film on Jackson. Then tell me they have "speed". :roll: On film, no matter what they run, its slow. Its funny that the Warren Game that they ran the Spread O and used the Jet sweep which is a "speed" play. It is laughable. Would appear that all Jackson has been doing is trying to "muscle" people and that works with weak teams, as much of SEO is. Didn't work on the Burg. Don't expect it to work on Logan either. 8)

Plus, I see major problems for Jackson with Logan's pass game. This is supposed to be a close game. Once it starts , that may be in doubt.

Scotty Hobart
Riding the Bench

Post by Scotty Hobart »

Paladin wrote:Be my guest. Go over to MaxPreps and watch ALL the film on Jackson. Then tell me they have "speed". :roll: On film, no matter what they run, its slow. Its funny that the Warren Game that they ran the Spread O and used the Jet sweep which is a "speed" play. It is laughable. Would appear that all Jackson has been doing is trying to "muscle" people and that works with weak teams, as much of SEO is. Didn't work on the Burg. Don't expect it to work on Logan either. 8)

Plus, I see major problems for Jackson with Logan's pass game. This is supposed to be a close game. Once it starts , that may be in doubt.
Jackson must be about as slow as the brain of the jackass that made the above post. What a clown that guy is. He is an easy target. Not very smart, but makes up for it by being stupid. :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I wouldn't get too comfortable with that film Paldi.I went to the game last year and a couple of them under class skill players once they got in the open field Logan couldn't catch them.This year Logans's defense better be keeping them bottled up and not let them get to the corners and in the secondary.Still a good chance of rain here which could slow down the passing game for both teams.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

C-bolt, last year is last year. THIS year, look at Logan and look at Jackson on film.

I rest my case ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”