Week 7: Ironton (2-4; 2-0) @ Coal Grove (3-3; 2-0)

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 7: Ironton (2-4; 2-0) @ Coal Grove (3-3; 2-0)

Post by Trojan_Pride »

GoBigGrover wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:I just hope ironton ad took some notes and gets a ironton officiating crew in 2016!!! they owe ironton some makeup calls!!!
poor officiating
Basically asking to screw CG over. Nice going. I wish the OVC would have one person who assigns officials to all league games.
tigers deserve a few make up calls , but your other idea is best but then that cause a controversy so I don't know what the solution is for big games like that!!!

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

tiggwrs fa ce it just not a good team beating gthe teribnle ovc teams by average of 20 abd beating the bad teams by the skin of the teerh thank the gods you got in thids league or iy xould have been a ooooooffferrrr

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
GoBigGrover wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:I just hope ironton ad took some notes and gets a ironton officiating crew in 2016!!! they owe ironton some makeup calls!!!
poor officiating
Basically asking to screw CG over. Nice going. I wish the OVC would have one person who assigns officials to all league games.
tigers deserve a few make up calls , but your other idea is best but then that cause a controversy so I don't know what the solution is for big games like that!!!
Huh? Let's bring some brevity to this discussion: I know of several leagues in Ohio who have league assigners, such as the Ohio Capital Conference, the Mid-State League, and the Licking County League. They seem to have no problem with how their contests go. The elite few that are qualified to officiate (or assign officials for) varsity football don't actually care which of Lawrence County's myriad school districts is going to win an OVC game in a given week. They're there to do a job. A get in, get out deal.

What you pose is a non-issue, frankly. There are assigners for the state tournament. Unbelievably, the world does not revolve around the OVC and these pseudo-controversies you are advocating frankly don't exist.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I'm gonna say 850.00
less than 200 buck bait , do u believe that LOL

11734 in that coldwater/ marion game that's unreal!!!
That's why I went to the Ironton Coal Grove game . You couldn't get a ticket for the coldwater/marion local game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well it's a hard earned w for the tigers. i'll take it.

the split the pot being 200 blows my mind.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:well it's a hard earned w for the tigers. i'll take it.

the split the pot being 200 blows my mind.

more talk bout split pot den da game , but un derstandable

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I believe Coal Grove got 320 total yards on the night. 60 through the air, 60 rushing and 200 by their players wearing stripes.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

hey this game had 1 of the craziest plays anyone will ever see , I just wonder if anyone knows the correct ruling for it ????

tigers punted , ball go straight up in air (not past the line of scrimmage) our kicker picked the ball up but the official called it a dead ball and gave ball to cg!!!

any officials out there care to elaborate or someone who knows the rules I am just curious!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I assume it's like any punt. Team a kicks it. Team a touches it before team b. team b starts their offense where ball was touched. I'm not sure if there's a rule that overrides that if you don't get it past the ladies tees. Maybe ironton should have to pull their pants down

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:I assume it's like any punt. Team a kicks it. Team a touches it before team b. team b starts their offense where ball was touched. I'm not sure if there's a rule that overrides that if you don't get it past the ladies tees. Maybe ironton should have to pull their pants down
I don't know either but it was the strangest play you will ever see , folks was saying it had something do with line of scrimmage and where it was behind the line it should have been ruled LIVE BALL for either team!!!

that tigercannon (zebra) guy said they thought it should have been TIGER BALL 1st and 10!!! I didn't like his answer (maybe he was just blowing smoke LOL)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Unless he says it remains in irontons possession but ironton would have lost it either way because of turn over on downs. Example, team a wants to punt on third down, and has the same result. If they go get it, then they get 4th down where they recovered the ball or go pick it up to run with it.

Which means in that certain play, ironton could possibly went and picked up ball to try to run for the line to gain. I could see that.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

well if use google it states following LOL!!!

If a punt doesn’t cross the line of scrimmage, either team may pick up the ball and run toward its own end zone.

it wouldn't have automatically went to CG , I only seen 2 players around ball kicker / defender and they both had open fields either way

this play should have made espn play of day or atleast top 10 LOL
Last edited by Trojan_Pride on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:I assume it's like any punt. Team a kicks it. Team a touches it before team b. team b starts their offense where ball was touched. I'm not sure if there's a rule that overrides that if you don't get it past the ladies tees. Maybe ironton should have to pull their pants down

IDK if that rule applies here. :lol:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

A punt may be fielded and advanced by either team if it is behind the line of scrimmage. Ironton should have been allowed to advance that loose ball.

Honestly, I didn't think the officiating was all that bad. Sure, they made some mistakes but that's going to happen. To think these guys tried to cheat Ironton is unrealistic.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:A punt may be fielded and advanced by either team if it is behind the line of scrimmage. Ironton should have been allowed to advance that loose ball.

Honestly, I didn't think the officiating was all that bad. Sure, they made some mistakes but that's going to happen. To think these guys tried to cheat Ironton is unrealistic.
to be and official you should know the rules period!!! for any situation that may arise

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I agree but everyone makes mistakes. Not to defend anyone but most mistakes are made on those odd situations that don't occur often. Point is, things happen.

I saw the play and doubt the punter would have picked up a first down. Plus with the CG turnover right after that play, Ironton wasn't damaged by the missed call.

Return to “Football”