Week 5 Power Poll

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Week 5 Power Poll

Post by noreply66 »

Haven't seen one started yet.

1. Wheelersburg.....Three touchdown win over Jackson....need to say no more. With Valley and Minford being the strongest team yet to play the Burg should do no worse than 9 and 1..other games Oak Hill, Waverly and West

2. Zane Trace.....Up to #2 ..question is how good are the teams they have beat. How good have the team been ? Next week it is my #2 vs #3 and after that ZT plays Adena, Piketon, Huntington and Westfall.

3. Paint Valley.....Win over Unioto puts them at #3. Was their win as big as ZTs win over Unioto last week? A question about that is was Unioto's QB back? Can they beat my #2 team this coming week? They finishes up with Southeastern, Westfall, Adena and Piketon.

4. Logan.....Looks to stay at #4 until they drop a game or have a win in game 7...maybe a change if one of the above fall next week. Travel to once power house [Shadyside] this Friday night and then play Jackson and Power house DeSales and finish with improving Gallipolis ..then home with Warren.

5. Jackson at #5....but should they drop lower by falling worse to Burg than the 1 and 4 Ironton Tigers. Wouldn't want to be Warren this week.After this week Jackson play two strong team in Logan and Meigs and finish up with Gallia and Talawanda.

6. Valley.....Just playing good ball....Out of their last games Valley will play Wheelersburg and Minford as their best games. The Burg game will depend where they finish.

7. Chesapeake...Win over Warren didn't say too much but they do have a win over my # 8 team. Peake will finish up with five OVC games with The Ironton Tigers being the big one.Others...South Point, Fairland, Portsmouth Dawson Bryant.

8. Alexander.... very good wins in the last few weeks after falling to a possible win over Chesapeake.Four of the last five games will tell where Alexander finishes up.Vinton Cty, River Valley, Nelson/York, Trimble and Meigs the last game could be for all the marbles.

9. Meigs.....Only loss to a 5 and 0 team and that wasn't by much. Meigs last five games look to be a bit harder than Alexander's. Nelson/York, Athens, Jackson, Wellston and Alexander.. any of these five could go either way.

10. River Valley....Bottom 3 teams are from the TVC which will knock each other off with the winner moving up.RV plays four straight TVC teams Wellston, Alexander, Vinton Cty and Athens and finish up with Shadyside.
With the bottom threes schedule it looks like the TVC might be the over all best league.
Last edited by noreply66 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Week 5 Power Poll

Post by nutronron2012 »

1. Wheelersburg
2. Valley
3. Logan
4. Jackson
5. Zane Trace

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1. Burg
2. Logan
3. Valley
4. Jackson
5. Zane Trace
6. Meigs
7. Chillicothe
8. Circleville
9. Paint Valley
10. Alexander

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

1. Logan -- who else is big and bad ?

2. Burg -- great win

3. Valley -- rolling along

4. Jackson -- embarrassed

5. Zane Trace -- great season so far

6. Caldwell -- yes thats SEO

7. Meigs -- my favorite for the minor league title

8. Circleville -- Tigers for real

9. Chilly -- until Massie gets ahold of them

10.Alexander -- new coach has them improved

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Wheelersburg
Valley
Jackson
Logan
Paint Valley
Zane Trace
Chillicothe
Circleville
Logan Elm
Meigs

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

1. Wheelersburg -- not like some weak SEO D2 schools that play on average two divisions down (I won't mention Logan's name here)

2. Zane Trace -- knew they would be a contender for Region 17 from early this year when we scrimmaged, some weapons on that team

3. Circleville -- a bit of surprise here but deserving of a 3 spot with their athletic ability

4. Valley -- nothing in their way until they face Burg and they are a "purple" school that is not afraid to play up unlike some purple schools

5. Paint Valley -- the match-up with ZT this week will be epic in the SVC

6. Logan -- who else is big and bad and plays D7 Shadyside (1-4) in Week 6; we will know more about them when they play DeSales and someone their own size finally

7. Jackson -- will be interesting to see if they rally the troops or if all the Peyton Place silly politics and crazy Dads get in their way after a loss no one was expecting

8. Meigs -- they will be the hunted in the TVC Ohio

9. Alexander -- they showed they may be the best hunter of the TVC Ohio

10. Chillicothe, Wellston and River Valley tied; this week will determine some things here

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

noreply66 wrote:Haven't seen one started yet.

1. Wheelersburg.....Three touchdown win over Jackson....need to say no more. With Valley and Minford being the strongest team yet to play the Burg should do no worse than 9 and 1..other games Oak Hill, Waverly and West

2. Zane Trace.....Up to #2 ..question is how good are the teams they have beat. How good have the team been ? Next week it is my #2 vs #3 and after that ZT plays Adena, Piketon, Huntington and Westfall.

3. Paint Valley.....Win over Unioto puts them at #3. Was their win as big as ZTs win over Unioto last week? A question about that is was Unioto's QB back? Can they beat my #2 team this coming week? They finishes up with Southeastern, Westfall, Adena and Piketon.

4. Logan.....Looks to stay at #4 until they drop a game or have a win in game 7...maybe a change if one of the above fall next week. Travel to once power house [Shadyside] this Friday night and then play Jackson and Power house DeSales and finish with improving Gallipolis ..then home with Warren.

5. Jackson at #5....but should they drop lower by falling worse to Burg than the 1 and 4 Ironton Tigers. Wouldn't want to be Warren this week.After this week Jackson play two strong team in Logan and Meigs and finish up with Gallia and Talawanda.

6. Valley.....Just playing good ball....Out of their last games Valley will play Wheelersburg and Minford as their best games. The Burg game will depend where they finish.

7. Chesapeake...Win over Warren didn't say too much but they do have a win over my # 8 team. Peake will finish up with five OVC games with The Ironton Tigers being the big one.Others...South Point, Fairland, Portsmouth Dawson Bryant.

8. Alexander.... very good wins in the last few weeks after falling to a possible win over Chesapeake.Four of the last five games will tell where Alexander finishes up.Vinton Cty, River Valley, Nelson/York, Trimble and Meigs the last game could be for all the marbles.

9. Meigs.....Only loss to a 5 and 0 team and that wasn't by much. Meigs last five games look to be a bit harder than Alexander's. Nelson/York, Athens, Jackson, Wellston and Alexander.. any of these five could go either way.

10. River Valley....Bottom 3 teams are from the TVC which will knock each other off with the winner moving up.RV plays four straight TVC teams Wellston, Alexander, Vinton Cty and Athens and finish up with Shadyside.
With the bottom threes schedule it looks like the TVC might be the over all best league.
Valley needs to be at least in the 3 spot.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Dandy Don wrote:1. Wheelersburg -- not like some weak SEO D2 schools that play on average two divisions down (I won't mention Logan's name here)

2. Zane Trace -- knew they would be a contender for Region 17 from early this year when we scrimmaged, some weapons on that team

3. Circleville -- a bit of surprise here but deserving of a 3 spot with their athletic ability

4. Valley -- nothing in their way until they face Burg and they are a "purple" school that is not afraid to play up unlike some purple schools

6. Logan -- who else is big and bad and plays D7 Shadyside (1-4) in Week 6; we will know more about them when they play DeSales and someone their own size finally

7. Jackson -- will be interesting to see if they rally the troops or if all the Peyton Place silly politics and crazy Dads get in their way after a loss no one was expecting

10. Chillicothe, Wellston and River Valley tied; this week will determine some things here

Re Logan; uh Teays Valley is D2 buddy and Athens is D3. I think you forget Logan is D2 not D1......

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Great games coming up, PV vs Zane trace, Wheelersburg vs Valley, Logan vs Jackson, and the TVC Ohio

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Dandy Don wrote:1. Wheelersburg -- not like some weak SEO D2 schools that play on average two divisions down (I won't mention Logan's name here)

Careful now, don't let your brains go to your head!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

1. Burg
2. Logan
3. ZT
4. Jackson
5. L Valley
6. Caldwell (not Howie)
7. P Valley
8. Meigs
9. Circleville
10. Trimble/Alexander

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Logan grad wrote:

Re Logan; uh Teays Valley is D2 buddy and Athens is D3. I think you forget Logan is D2 not D1......

Uh buddy (your lingo not mine)....Logan plays one (D2); four (D3's); three (D4's); one (D5); one (D7). That is an average of D4 or two divisions down from what you are there buddy. This is a power poll. There isn't much power in your weak a$$ schedule buddy. My bet is every other team listed above plays on average at their level or "up" in schedule and no where close to two divisions down like you do buddy.

Explain that to the other Logan guy that likes to talk about brains...or lack thereof in his case.

Paladin should be able to explain to you buddy how to schedule up like the NEO football teams do, he is a big proponent of this...errrr unless it is Logan. Which then of course there is a logical explanation.

Like this year for Week 6 there was only 20 some odd teams on the OHSAA website for open dates for the week you had open and ummm, yeah, that is right it was ummm, yeah more convenient to drive to Shadyside than 40 minutes up the road toward Columbus ummm, yeah that is it, yeah that is the story. See I told you buddy there was a logical and completely understandable explanation.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Dandy Don wrote:
Logan grad wrote:

Uh buddy (your lingo not mine)....Logan plays one (D2); four (D3's); three (D4's); one (D5); one (D7). That is an average of D4 or two divisions down from what you are there buddy. This is a power poll. There isn't much power in your weak a$$ schedule buddy. My bet is every other team listed above plays on average at their level or "up" in schedule and no where close to two divisions down like you do buddy.

Explain that to the other Logan guy that likes to talk about brains...or lack thereof in his case.

Paladin should be able to explain to you buddy how to schedule up like the NEO football teams do, he is a big proponent of this...errrr unless it is Logan. Which then of course there is a logical explanation.

Like this year for Week 6 there was only 20 some odd teams on the OHSAA website for open dates for the week you had open and ummm, yeah, that is right it was ummm, yeah more convenient to drive to Shadyside than 40 minutes up the road toward Columbus ummm, yeah that is it, yeah that is the story. See I told you buddy there was a logical and completely understandable explanation.
Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I refer back to this :

I was simply pointing out that since you seem to have a chubby over the size of the schools Logan is or isnt playing; you said finally as if they havent played anyone their size until the play DeSales or Jackson. But alas; They have. Logan is a midsize D2 school that should be playing at the D3 level and for various reasons already discussed theyre not. Of the 10 games they have on the schedule, Logan has played or will play 8 schools close in proximity to their own size and have added Dublin Jerome (D1) next year to go along with the other group of schools close to their size that will be on the schedule in 2016 with another playoff team Watterson as the week 9 potential opponent. Your obsession with size may stem from an underlying personal issue; but none the less; Logan is playing the teams that are put in front of them, big or small. This is SE Ohio buddy, not Cleveland. You do what you can.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dandy Don wrote:
Logan grad wrote:

Get'em Donny

:aaaaa8

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Logan grad wrote:I refer back to this :

I was simply pointing out that since you seem to have a chubby over the size of the schools Logan is or isnt playing; you said finally as if they havent played anyone their size until the play DeSales or Jackson. But alas; They have. Logan is a midsize D2 school that should be playing at the D3 level and for various reasons already discussed theyre not. Of the 10 games they have on the schedule, Logan has played or will play 8 schools close in proximity to their own size and have added Dublin Jerome (D1) next year to go along with the other group of schools close to their size that will be on the schedule in 2016 with another playoff team Watterson as the week 9 potential opponent. Your obsession with size may stem from an underlying personal issue; but none the less; Logan is playing the teams that are put in front of them, big or small. This is SE Ohio buddy, not Cleveland. You do what you can.
How come Chief Paladin, leader of the Chieftain Envy tribe doesn't understand this and posts 100's of times per year about members of the TVC Ohio's "weak" schedule and specifically last year Athens' schedule...until they went to State finals that is then he vanished for a time being....I mean come on does your leader speak hypocrisy or does he speak the truth.

I completely understand the schedule...just tired of being on the "weak a$$" schedule end of his nonsense ad nauseum...and then listen to some silly explanation as to why it doesn't apply to him. Trust me I get who you schedule and why...TVC Ohio teams should be given the same consideration...we don't live in Cleveland either and schedule who we can schedule.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Hey brotha; I am not against you on that topic at all but like my momma told me; the opinion of one doesnt group many.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

On my Power Poll here is the Division the team is in and the average Division that team plays in the regular season schedule.

1. Wheelersburg -- in D5 average playing D5 teams.

2. Zane Trace -- in D5 average playing D5 teams.

3. Circleville -- in D4 average playing D4 teams.

4. Valley -- in D6 but average playing up to D5 teams.

5. Paint Valley -- in D6 average playing D6 teams.

6. Logan -- in D2 average playing D4 teams 3.8

7. Jackson -- in D3 average playing D4 teams 3.8

8. Meigs -- in D4 average playing D4 teams

9. Alexander -- in D5 average playing D5 teams

10. Chillicothe, Wellston and River Valley -- D3 average D3 for Chillicothe and D5 average D4 for Wellston (up one)

Just the facts, no need for accusations from NEO posters about anything given the above in my opinion.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Glad to see the twins are on here.

handy dawn and grounded duck :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

This just in, the overuse of emogis will lessen the brutality of certain facts.

If you act 12 and use a bunch of laughing emogis strung together this will negate actual information.

It is referred to as the "Paladin Effect" a scientific hypothesis thought only to be true in Hocking County and NEO.

Return to “Football”