Week 6: Valley (5-0) @ Waverly (3-2)

RollTribe09
Waterboy

Re: Week 6: Valley (5-0) @ Waverly (3-2)

Post by RollTribe09 »

izladoom wrote:Anybody know the reason they changed the start times? Is it just to get the kids home earlier?
The SOC voted last spring to move all conference games up to 7 and the OVC did the same. For the reasoning I've heard everything from the kids get home earlier, to the fact it gets darker later in the season.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I pick Valley by atleast 24 pts.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigers hit with the injury bug as has Valley. I'm hearing Spradlin is out but Valley has some other key players back for tonight. Tiger Senior laden line now starts sophomores. Will be some good experience for these guys. The field will not be an issue but the wind could make a difference. Valley will try to dominate with the run while Waverly will have to be able to throw the ball.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I don't think throwing is the best form of attack against Valley. They have a very good secondary as seen last week against East. Waverly will have to establish some sort of run game or at least the potential for being able to run or it could be over fast.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

nutronron2012 wrote:I don't think throwing is the best form of attack against Valley. They have a very good secondary as seen last week against East. Waverly will have to establish some sort of run game or at least the potential for being able to run or it could be over fast.
It looks like that's gonna have to happen tonight. This rain will make for a long night for anyone throwing the ball.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Indians getting it done on the ground and in the air. 21-0 beginning of 2nd

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

What radio station is this game on?

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

007 wrote:What radio station is this game on?
107.5 the breeze

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

35-14 final after 21-0 at the break.
Not saying Valley wouldn't have found other ways but TD passes to wide open receivers over the middle of the field put this one away. Coaches tried 3 or 4 different guys to fill the void left by Kottenbrooks absence but none worked. I mean receivers open with no one within 10-15 yards over the middle. That would not have happened with Logan at safety and Valley exploited it like any good team would.
Waverly struggled to move the ball all night but had it at around the Valley 20 but failed on a 4th and 5 right before halftime. Waverly JV's dominated Valley's in the 4th.
Should be an epic battle between Valley and burg week 9.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good work by the Indians. Valley led 35-0 in the 3rd and started getting the subs in mid 3rd through the 4th.

Not sure if any injured players returned this evening, but with the conditions I doubt it.

Keep plugging Waverly, good kids and program...good times are ahead.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Total class by Valley's Crabtree shutting it down up 35-0. Rolfe was very impressive in his decision-making. We blew some coverages and he found the open receiver every time. Valley's D was very disciplined and do a great job of getting to the football with numbers. The Tigers youth showed against an experienced Valley team that will be playing well into the playoffs. We need to stay healthy and take a good fight to Burg, then, I really think we have a chance in all of our last three. Congrats to Valley...class program with class kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

indeed. you can't have a veteran team the following year if you don't get the rest of the team in when you can. classy move.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

smurray wrote:35-14 final after 21-0 at the break.
Not saying Valley wouldn't have found other ways but TD passes to wide open receivers over the middle of the field put this one away. Coaches tried 3 or 4 different guys to fill the void left by Kottenbrooks absence but none worked. I mean receivers open with no one within 10-15 yards over the middle. That would not have happened with Logan at safety and Valley exploited it like any good team would.
Waverly struggled to move the ball all night but had it at around the Valley 20 but failed on a 4th and 5 right before halftime. Waverly JV's dominated Valley's in the 4th.
yeah....valley's jv isn't very good sadly :( after this tear valley struggles bad! East jv beat valleys jv last week (not by score) and the refs had NO clue what they were doing on the field!!!! LOL

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Kottenbrook certainly would have helped the defense and probably would have helped the offense as well. The offense is much more predictable without Kottenbrook. Either the coaches don't call for the QB to run when Howell is QB or he chooses not to run, which makes it much easier on the defense. I only recall one QB run that was not a scramble. That would be fine if he was a better passer, but from the games I have seen (didn't go to away games) I would estimate that his completion percentage is well under 50%. Your "passing" QB needs to be completing closer to 60% of his passes. I hate predictable offenses and even when Kottenbrook gets back they need to pass more with him as the "running" QB. Does anyone have their season stats?

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

PirateFan2 wrote:
yeah....valley's jv isn't very good sadly :( after this tear valley struggles bad! East jv beat valleys jv last week (not by score) and the refs had NO clue what they were doing on the field!!!! LOL
So East won the JV game but Valley scored more points? That's pretty impressive. Don't know that I've seen that happen before.

Return to “Football”