Dave Boston Jr. resigns as Head Football Coach at NY

oldschool
Freshman Team

Re: Dave Boston Jr. resigns as Head Football Coach at NY

Post by oldschool »

93Bulldog wrote:Pushing and shoving is hardly a fight. I'm a little surprised a one game or two game suspension wasn't handed down.
Were you in the locker room? How do you know it was only pushing and shoving? You don't! You only know what you have heard, just like everyone else. Something happened and action was taken and now people have to pay the consequences.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

93Bulldog wrote:Pushing and shoving is hardly a fight. I'm a little surprised a one game or two game suspension wasn't handed down.
The coaches are supposed to be setting an example for the kids. Even if it's just pushing and shoving in front of the kids, that's still no excuse for their actions. If there was any physical conduct between the coaches, then they got what they deserved.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'M VERY SORRY TO HEAR THIS FROM A CLASSY PROGRAM FOR DECADES.
football is a game of aggression. and coaches are aggressive by nature to pass that onto the players. I was as well coaching youth football for years. I never had an instance ever with one of my coaches, but the parents is a whole different story. praise God there was never anything physical on either side.i really hate to hear this, likely the 2 are frustrated friends. this too shall pass. we weren't there. so all we can do is pray for the program and the kids. good luck buckeyes.

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

you're tiger bait.." but the parents is a whole different story" no truer words have ever been spoken.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

It will be weird not having a member of the Boston family serve as coach. The same family has coached throughout the history of NY, going back to the 1966 season, the final season of the Nelsonville Greyhounds before consolidation with York. 50 years of high school football coaching in one family. The Boston family made NY football.

Having said that, I think it's best for everyone that we move on. The foundation is already in place at NY at all levels of football. Whether Coach Dean will be the head coach after this season or not, I'm sure we will see many great Buckeye teams in future years. The foundation is already in place. Now someone has to build from that.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:It will be weird not having a member of the Boston family serve as coach. The same family has coached throughout the history of NY, going back to the 1966 season, the final season of the Nelsonville Greyhounds before consolidation with York. 50 years of high school football coaching in one family. The Boston family made NY football.

Having said that, I think it's best for everyone that we move on. The foundation is already in place at NY at all levels of football. Whether Coach Dean will be the head coach after this season or not, I'm sure we will see many great Buckeye teams in future years. The foundation is already in place. Now someone has to build from that.
I agree. Now let's work to get the heart of our program back on the sidelines and all will be well. GO BUCKS!

oldschool
Freshman Team

Post by oldschool »

Ground Buck wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:It will be weird not having a member of the Boston family serve as coach. The same family has coached throughout the history of NY, going back to the 1966 season, the final season of the Nelsonville Greyhounds before consolidation with York. 50 years of high school football coaching in one family. The Boston family made NY football.

I agree. Now let's work to get the heart of our program back on the sidelines and all will be well. GO BUCKS!
The players need to start producing! The coaches can only do so much.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

As a taxpayer, I would like to see some new blood to lead this storied program into the future!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Thanks to Both Dave Boston Jr. and Senior for their years of dedication and service. Nothing can last forever, but there is a lot to be proud of once we reflect on their time at NY. On the field is not as important as the lives they affected. On the field can be debated, but off the field you can't take away the good things they have done!

As for Coach Andrews he was my coach at different levels. He is a top notch first class guy. I don't know Boston Jr. as well, never had him as a coach. Bottom line is Andrews has been dedicated to our youth for a long time and it's gotta be a complete change for him (and Coach Bostons) to not be involved this week and going forward. These are men who live in our community and it's amazing how something like coaching is so important and political in our town. Remember they are men first and have family and friends. They all probably will admit they may not have handled this situation to the best of their ability, but we all make mistakes. So I encourage you to reach out to them and support them even is this tough time and keep personal opinions to yourself about one incident and their overall character.

As for Coach Dean he has been involved at various levels for a long time and knows the kids. I know he will do a fantastic job. As for those clamoring for "new blood", be careful what you wish for. All the men around know the football traditions and love our community. You can't replace that. That is why our youth leagues are thriving and always have. I think Coach Dean will think outside the box and make the necessary changes to get the Buckeyes back on track. Unfortunately or fortunately it comes against a really good opponent this week. I encourage you to see how hard Buckeyes play each week and encourage them to do their best and have fun playing football again. No one likes to lose, but that pressure in Nelsonville can be tough. Best of luck to Coach Dean, but most importantly good luck to the players getting their season back on track. Go Bucks!

Return to “Football”