Week 5 (3-1) Meigs @ (4-0) River Valley

BleedBlue
Waterboy

Re: Week 5 (3-1) Meigs @ (4-0) River Valley

Post by BleedBlue »

Ground Buck wrote:
bleedblue wrote:If I am not mistaking, the use of Ipads or electronic devices are permitted for stat keeping use throughout the game, however, use by the coaches themselves is a not permitted by OHSAA.

It could be my lack of ability or knowledge of most electronic devices, but how would one use such a device in a way that must be banned for coaches to use?
The post stated the device was transferred to and fro from the press box to the coach. If so, the coach was using it for something. Even if it was being used for stats it is not within the rules. Just sayin. :mrgreen:
I never disagreed with the earlier post, I simply asked how could such a device be used in a manner that would need a ban placed on them. However, it appears the use is permitted just with restrictions on location of use.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

seohhoops wrote:According to page 23 rule 1-6 Article 2 in the National Federation of High Schools 2014 Football Rule Book

Communication devices that take still photos, videos or internet depictions may be used by coaches And players outside the 9 yard mark conference. Rule change happened in 2014. Just wanted to clear that up. That is in NFHS 2014 rule book. I just Googled it and it is in the rule change PowerPoint.
Might want to check and see if it is in the OHSAA rule book. OHSAA does not subscribe to every rule that NFHS does.

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

I did check. There is nothing In the general sports regulations or in the football manual published by OHSAA. It is legal.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Raiderball wrote:
Bevo wrote:
Raiderball wrote:River Valley 2002
8/23 A Southeastern (2-8) [5:20] W 14-6
8/30 A Wellston (8-2) [4:15] L 16-43
9/6 H Meigs (4-6) [3:11] L 17-20
9/13 A Alexander (3-7) [4:15] L 0-19
9/20 H Southern (0-10) [6:23] W 39-0

9/27 A Chesapeake (9-4) [5:19] L 13-42
10/4 A Dawson-Bryant (3-7) [5:19] W 20-7
10/11 H Rock Hill (6-4) [4:15] L 12-35
10/18 H South Point (3-7) [4:15] W 34-7
10/25 H Fairland (3-7) [4:15] W 19-0
Now there is some useless info!! Who cares what happened 13 years ago?
LOL
Your the Jottings of RV. Tons of boring info no one reads

Hey douchebag nobody asked for your opinion anyway. If you could read AND comprehend you would know it was in response to whether rv had ever finished above 500 in conference play. Now you can go crawl back under that rock you come from and STFU.
Why not say "YES in 2002-2003" Those stats are really boring and make it look like your trying to be smart. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Why not say "YES in 2002-2003" Those stats are really boring and make it look like your trying to be smart. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Why do you worry so much about other people's posts?

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

If he would've said, "yes in 02 & 03", you would have been calling him out and asking who they beat. This thread was almost dead until you had to call someone out again. Quit stirring the pot, it reaffirms what most of the people on here think about you....

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ground Buck wrote:
bleedblue wrote:If I am not mistaking, the use of Ipads or electronic devices are permitted for stat keeping use throughout the game, however, use by the coaches themselves is a not permitted by OHSAA.

It could be my lack of ability or knowledge of most electronic devices, but how would one use such a device in a way that must be banned for coaches to use?
The post stated the device was transferred to and fro from the press box to the coach. If so, the coach was using it for something. Even if it was being used for stats it is not within the rules. Just sayin. :mrgreen:

That practice is 110% legal and has been now for two seasons, as long as used on the sideline or at the 9yd mark during legitimate timeouts. And I'd bet you a good sum of cash on this ;-)

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Pol Pot wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:

That practice is 110% legal and has been now for two seasons, as long as used on the sideline or at the 9yd mark during legitimate timeouts. And I'd bet you a good sum of cash on this ;-)
You'd think if it wss illegal another coach would have called them out for it. They don't do it discreetly.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ground Buck wrote:
seohhoops wrote:According to page 23 rule 1-6 Article 2 in the National Federation of High Schools 2014 Football Rule Book

Communication devices that take still photos, videos or internet depictions may be used by coaches And players outside the 9 yard mark conference. Rule change happened in 2014. Just wanted to clear that up. That is in NFHS 2014 rule book. I just Googled it and it is in the rule change PowerPoint.
Might want to check and see if it is in the OHSAA rule book. OHSAA does not subscribe to every rule that NFHS does.

Clearly stated in an OHSAA press release that GroundBuck is again full of crap. Oh, and that was accessible by a simple google search!

http://ohsaa.org/officials/bulletins/FT ... 2013-1.pdf

Point #1, and covered in rule 1-6-2
Get that crow ready!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

LMAO
Beavus.... I mean Bevo must live a sad life. Can't get a reply so 3 days later he brings the thread back to the top with another ignorant comment. Talk about boring and useless. I am sure that BEVO would be disgusted that a lowlife like you is using his name on this site. You are a complete joke.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

How could one use an iPad during a game? Really?

NFL teams used Polaroids to capture defensive adjustments and alignments for years. I'm sure that's a lot easier to do with iPads now.

Obviously Coach Sparling is guilty of going half-assed, though, because if he had data service or wi-fi in the stadium, they wouldn't need to swap them out. LOL.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

MadPolecat wrote:How could one use an iPad during a game? Really?

NFL teams used Polaroids to capture defensive adjustments and alignments for years. I'm sure that's a lot easier to do with iPads now.

Obviously Coach Sparling is guilty of going half-assed, though, because if he had data service or wi-fi in the stadium, they wouldn't need to swap them out. LOL.

Video systems today automatically upload film to servers and are available for immediate playback. Hudl is one such site that pretty much every staff in Ohio uses.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Anyone notice how GroundBuck fails to come around for his crow?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Pol Pot wrote:Anyone notice how GroundBuck fails to come around for his crow?

:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Pol Pot...

Sarcasm, dude.

I might have heard of Hudl... Somewhere... Wasn't that a series of NFL-themed clothes and stuffed animals marketed towards kids in the 80s. LOL

http://kidfenris.com/nflhuddleslarge1.png

Return to “Football”