Waverly @ Caldwell

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Waverly @ Caldwell

Post by MrSider »

Saturday night game..

Caldwell rolling wo running back Bricked Lori who looks like he will make a late season return...
Thoughts on this one
Rollskinsroll

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Waverly @ Caldwell

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell has playoffs locked up why risk a return of Lori until playoffs?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly's defense playing well. Can Caldwell throw the ball well? If not, Tigers will look to shut down the run and force Caldwell to best em through the air. That worked very well against heavily favored Unioto a couple weeks ago.
May see a new wrinkle with the Waverly offense in this one. I don't know enough about Caldwell, (other than they are a D7 playoff contender every year), to make a prediction.
Is there an easy way to get to Caldwell other than private plane?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Come to Marietta Ohio and get on I77 and it's about 20 mins from there. Caldwell is really good they are big and physical and prefer to run the ball.Are playing without All-Ohio RB Bricker Lori. They do have a very good QB in Sr Tanner Clark. I think Caldwell wins by 20.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

smurray wrote:Waverly's defense playing well. Can Caldwell throw the ball well? If not, Tigers will look to shut down the run and force Caldwell to best em through the air. That worked very well against heavily favored Unioto a couple weeks ago.
May see a new wrinkle with the Waverly offense in this one. I don't know enough about Caldwell, (other than they are a D7 playoff contender every year), to make a prediction.
Is there an easy way to get to Caldwell other than private plane?
They prefer to run, but can throw when needed. The first game without their RB they went to the air to the tune of almost 200 yards passing and 3 TD's I believe. Then the past two weeks they've went back to the ground. QB had over 200 yards against Shadysides and probablly around 150 against Monroe Central, although I haven't seen any stats. Ivey has done well in filling in for Bricker. While not as fast, he's a bruising RB who loves contact. Defense is their strong suit, anchored by their D-line who is very big and physical. They've gave opposing rushing attacks and QB's fits so far this year.

What's Waverly like? Haven't heard much about them before.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Just found some stats from last week. Clark had over 200 yards rushing again and 3 TD's, giving him 12 rushing TD's so far this year. Ivey finished with over 100 yards and one TD. Defense held MC to under 200 total yards.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

The best way is go to Marietta via US-50 W and OH-7 north (left exit) or to Parkersburg, WV via US-50 W and hop on I-77 North to Caldwell.

As for the game Caldwell is very, very good as advertised. Tigers will need their "A" game to bring home win from Noble County.

RvFan02
Waterboy

Post by RvFan02 »

As stated, take I77 North to Caldwell Exit 25. The football field is located at the Noble County Fairgrounds, which is right there in front of you when exiting I77. Make a right onto St Rt 78, first light make a left. There are two entrances into the fairgounds. You can turn left immediatley at McDonalds and enter, or continue straight and enter at far end of fairgounds on left.
Caldwell is a very physical team upfront. Very talented athletes on both sides of the ball. Defense does not give up much running room typically. Hope to see a good game come Saturday night!

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

I think I will go to Lancaster then up to Rt 70 to 77 south. 2.5 hours but you can go faster and more civilization.

Hey since the field is at the fairgrounds, are there stands on both sides or just one?

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

JohnKnight wrote:I think I will go to Lancaster then up to Rt 70 to 77 south. 2.5 hours but you can go faster and more civilization.

Hey since the field is at the fairgrounds, are there stands on both sides or just one?
Seating is on one side only.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

On the bright side if it rains you have coverage

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Since this is a Sat night game you Skins fans going to come out to watch Fort Frye vs Monroe?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Caldwell ranked #2 in Division VII with 8 first place votes. Tigers will likely be without their best lineman who was injured week 3.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

The only thing about the Noble County fairgrounds as far as watching football games is the distance from the stands to the field. Need binoculars, LOL.
Caldwell is the real deal. A meeting with Danville for the Region 25 title in 10 weeks is what i'm waiting on.
By then Redskins should have their RB Lori back in lineup.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Bricker had surgery yesterday and should be back and rolling come playoff time. The fairgrounds is a cool place to watch a high school football game, not very nice and no promises the lights won't go out but Saturday should be fun.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Word is this morning Tigers have lost Elliott (lineman) for the year and Kottenbrook is out again this week. Tigers could ill afford the injury bug again this year and it has already hit two key players.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Well, that completely sucks! Elliott was playing some good football...huge loss (both literally and figuratively at 6'6" and 310) for the Tigers! I figured Logan would be back for sure this week...didn't he play some last week?

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Caldwell is very good. 42-14

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kottenbrook played some but was still bothered with the injury. Is going for an MRI.

Return to “Football”