Wk 5: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Wk 5: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by fbnut »

Last year may have been somewhat of an "element of surprise" but it was mostly a matter of being outplayed and out coached. Please don't take that as a diss against the kids or coaches. The kids last year were great and they played there hearts out and the burgs coaching staff is second to none in this area but sometimes you have a bad week.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I agree. Last year I don't think jackson was 4tds better.. it was just one of those nights where everything was working for them and not for burg. Either way jackson is a darn good football team and Wheelersburg is pretty good too. This should be a good low scoring game!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Not much talk about this game. I like it, let the teams do the talking on the field!

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Not much talk about this game. I like it, let the teams do the talking on the field!
I believe it's because these two programs respect each other!

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Here4Fun wrote:If Jackson is anything close to what they were last year this will be ugly I just watched Burg play tonight and I say Jackson runs away in this one .....

I agree , just like last year this game will be the only game that will test the Burg in the Regular season !!!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Sport Fan wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:If Jackson is anything close to what they were last year this will be ugly I just watched Burg play tonight and I say Jackson runs away in this one .....

I agree , just like last year this game will be the only game that will test the Burg in the Regular season !!!
This is a Burg and Jackson thread Valley fans will discuss about that comment after week 7 .There is still alot of football to be played between now and then....

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Here4Fun wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

This is a Burg and Jackson thread Valley fans will discuss about that comment after week 7 .There is still alot of football to be played between now and then....
Hahaha don't get butt hurt at your own game hoss..

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Impressive win for the Ironmen last week, especially pitching a shutout against a very good Granville squad.

There's no doubt that Burg will be very motivated after last year's 28-0 loss. Jackson will need to play their best game of the season once again this week to move to 5-0.

Should be a great atmosphere at Alumni Stadium on Friday night. A great match up between two of SE Ohio's premier football programs!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This is going to be a classic. I think it will be a tight game all the way to the end. I'm a pirate so I'll have to take The Burg by 6. Also it's good to see all you Jackson posters, finally some intelligent people to banter with. Lol. Hoping for a great and injury free game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jackson 31
W'burg 14

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:This is going to be a classic. I think it will be a tight game all the way to the end. I'm a pirate so I'll have to take The Burg by 6. Also it's good to see all you Jackson posters, finally some intelligent people to banter with. Lol. Hoping for a great and injury free game.

Last years 28 - 0 at the Burg with No cannon going off was not a classic.

So why would this year at Jackson for the Apple Bowl with petty much the same players as last year going to be a classic.

38-0 is not a Classic.

The Burg will find at Jackson has Not played a bunch of 0-4 teams and they should be preparing this week to regroup for week 6.

Don't ever be afraid to speak the truth , Trump has inspired us all lately.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck to the Pirates.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Wow! No name calling! I enjoyed reading all the posts so far. I wish all the threads could be this nice.......

I would love to see NY play The Burg! I've said it for years that this is a series that should happen, but it hasn't...
Back to the topic.
I think this will be a closer game than many think. I think the Ironmen are the favorites but I think Burg can keep this one close.
I'm gonna say 36-26 Jackson.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

A good division 3 team playing a good division 5 team. The home team will win by 2 touch downs.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ontheriver wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:This is going to be a classic. I think it will be a tight game all the way to the end. I'm a pirate so I'll have to take The Burg by 6. Also it's good to see all you Jackson posters, finally some intelligent people to banter with. Lol. Hoping for a great and injury free game.

Last years 28 - 0 at the Burg with No cannon going off was not a classic.

So why would this year at Jackson for the Apple Bowl with petty much the same players as last year going to be a classic.

38-0 is not a Classic.

The Burg will find at Jackson has Not played a bunch of 0-4 teams and they should be preparing this week to regroup for week 6.

Don't ever be afraid to speak the truth , Trump has inspired us all lately.
I guess you're right. The first two were blowout and I bet y'all could hear the cannon in Jackson on one of those nights. Cmon OTR, that was the past and this is the present. We could go back and forth for ages about the past. What could been, what shoulda been. It doesn't matter today. This Burg team is gaining momentum and the one thing everyone always forgets about The Burg is that they don't quit until that clock hits 00:00. So you better hope Your boys don't come out looking for an easy W, if so the only W they'll be seeing is on the back of the busses. New year and new team. Let's take the fight to em boys.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:I agree. Last year I don't think jackson was 4tds better.. it was just one of those nights where everything was working for them and not for burg. Either way jackson is a darn good football team and Wheelersburg is pretty good too. This should be a good low scoring game!

I was at that game and this post is exactly right. Jackson was better that night. Played lights out. But I don't expect in any way that Wheelersburg won't be ready this time around. I expect a good game between 2 great programs.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

Your right also JPD first 2 blowout last 2 blowout.

Do you seriously think the Burgs coming into Alumni Stadium for the Apple Bowl and beating the Ironmen, and as you should know there not just looking for a win, the Hauls make it clear, its the Burg I want a win. Its personnel and tensions are high.

The Ironmen will wear them down. Sorry but the cycle is in Jacksons favor.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Are you on the same planet otr? If you think for one second the IRONMEN are looking at this game as anything but the toughest opponent of the year you don't know much about IRONMEN football.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Well here we are again both teams coming in undefeated. Was at last years game expecting to see a tightly fought contest knowing what each team was bringing to the table. That was a game of perfect execution from an ironmen stand point both from a players perspective and coaching aspect. Every time there was a big play on the line for burg it seemed like the Jackson coaching staff knew exactly what was going on. On offense they knew they were bigger and stronger and lined up and said, "here it comes now stop it". This however is a new year as we all know, Jackson is fast on defense just like last year but right now offensively they are still showing some growing pains. While they've come a long way since the 10-11 fumble night against Wellston in week 1 they're still not the well oiled machine that played flawless against burg last year. I do believe the defense is enough to keep burg at bay and as long as the offense doesn't get in it's own way I'll have to go with the ironmen in a close one. I do believe low scoring like others are saying, I'm thinking 14-7, 21-14 right in that range. Good luck to both teams

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Low Scoring!

Lewis factors to be the win for the Burg!
17-14 Burg!!

Return to “Football”