minfoRD FAlcons to da OVC?

linedrive
Freshman Team

Re: minfoRD FAlcons to da OVC?

Post by linedrive »

pmow3 wrote:The OVC did what the SOC should've done and that's add Portsmouth and Ironton. I won't get into my old complaining I've done for years about the SOC and OVC. There is no reason there should be 2 conferences. They should've combined both a long time ago. This should've been fixed years ago with a 15 or 17 team conference with 3 divisions. It would be amazing. And would've given AD's flexibility to schedule anyone in Southern Ohio and keep everything competitive. But anyway, I think it's funny to put a post on here "taking a shot" at Minford who won the SOC in Basketball last year. And besides Valley, has dominated basketball conference play for about 5 years now. They aren't going anywhere.
But The SOC would've been smart to have combined with the OVC years ago.... SMH....
I somewhat agree, the main concern would be travel expenses... Just running off the top of my head...

SOVC (Southern Ohio Valley Conference)
SOVC 1 (Big Schools):Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Ironton, Minford, Gallia Academy, Fairland, South Point, Waverly
SOVC 2 (Medium): Coal Grove, Valley, Oak Hill, Rock Hill, Northwest, Chesapeake, West Portsmouth (South Webster basketball)
SOVC 3(Small): Basically everyone in SOC I besides Northwest and Oak Hill

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

GoBigGrover wrote:
pmow3 wrote:The OVC did what the SOC should've done and that's add Portsmouth and Ironton. I won't get into my old complaining I've done for years about the SOC and OVC. There is no reason there should be 2 conferences. They should've combined both a long time ago. This should've been fixed years ago with a 15 or 17 team conference with 3 divisions. It would be amazing. And would've given AD's flexibility to schedule anyone in Southern Ohio and keep everything competitive. But anyway, I think it's funny to put a post on here "taking a shot" at Minford who won the SOC in Basketball last year. And besides Valley, has dominated basketball conference play for about 5 years now. They aren't going anywhere.
But The SOC would've been smart to have combined with the OVC years ago.... SMH....
I somewhat agree, the main concern would be travel expenses... Just running off the top of my head...

SOVC (Southern Ohio Valley Conference)
SOVC 1 (Big Schools):Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Ironton, Minford, Gallia Academy, Fairland, South Point, Waverly
SOVC 2 (Medium): Coal Grove, Valley, Oak Hill, Rock Hill, Northwest, Chesapeake, West Portsmouth (South Webster basketball)
SOVC 3(Small): Basically everyone in SOC I besides Northwest and Oak Hill
What exactly are the "Big School's"? No one is above D5. So how does that work?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

pmow I agree with you. I've been saying the same thing for years about ironton and Portsmouth into the soc. especially as the seoal was folding like a cheap tent. I , like you think the ovc/soc would be an awesome merger.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

This is ridiculous and it is even more ridiculous that someone would believe it. Minford is NOT going anywhere. Look who started this thread. "ROY MUNSUN"...... That should say it all.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

No need for this crap.....Thread locked.

Return to “Football”