Week 5 : (2-2) Portsmouth @ (0-4) Ironton

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Week 5 : (2-2) Portsmouth @ (0-4) Ironton

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

knightruner wrote:Well the refs were busy tonight for sure. P-town got some pretty bad calls against them in this one. Two of those calls were game changer. Ironton fumbles P-town recovers but after a long talk among the refs it's Ironton's ball and they score. P-towns QB gets tackle for a safety but they say he fumble before he was down (wrong) Ironton recovers and gets TD. those are game changing calls. There were way to many flags in this game on both sides. Did the best team win? I am not for sure. Ironton didn't look like they have improved any all.
The questioned calls by the refs were not game changing in this game. You may have been there, but I was listening. IHS ran when they wanted. PHS scored on long lucky bombs in the first half. In the second half, IHS continued running domination, the IHS D held PHS to negative rushing yards & shut them down completely.

I had pleaded on this post for IHS coaches to bring in new BACK's to take pressure off DEZ young. Carrico goes for 170+ yards. Campbell for 90+. If & when Palladino returns....Danger!!!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Congrats to Ironton, but beating Portsmouth in football is not a good measure for your team. PHS football is in such trouble they would have a hard time winning in the SOC I. IMO...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I have to agree with the above poster. Portsmouth is not that good. Ironton will roll fairland as well. I'll show more excitement if they can run the ovc convincingly.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Westsider1993 wrote:Wow...this score shocks me.
Maybe you should be more concerned with your scores?

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

tjhtygeverve wrote:
knightruner wrote:Well the refs were busy tonight for sure. P-town got some pretty bad calls against them in this one. Two of those calls were game changer. Ironton fumbles P-town recovers but after a long talk among the refs it's Ironton's ball and they score. P-towns QB gets tackle for a safety but they say he fumble before he was down (wrong) Ironton recovers and gets TD. those are game changing calls. There were way to many flags in this game on both sides. Did the best team win? I am not for sure. Ironton didn't look like they have improved any all.
The questioned calls by the refs were not game changing in this game. You may have been there, but I was listening. IHS ran when they wanted. PHS scored on long lucky bombs in the first half. In the second half, IHS continued running domination, the IHS D held PHS to negative rushing yards & shut them down completely.

I had pleaded on this post for IHS coaches to bring in new BACK's to take pressure off DEZ young. Carrico goes for 170+ yards. Campbell for 90+. If & when Palladino returns....Danger!!!
I really don't think anybody in the state who knows anything about football is much worried about Ironton cause if they do get into the play offs it will be one game only with or without Palladino. You must had been listening to Ironton radio cause there was no real domination in this game. Don't go on what you hear but what you see.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I for one believe if Ironton makes it into the playoffs they may just be the team to beat in our region. Burg ran out of town with a win that they earned but Ironton handed to them. Ironton was decimated by injuries in the Russell game. I believe as long as this team continues to work and clean up the penalties and turnovers they will give anyone a tough game. The line played much better this week. That's where it all starts, and this week they were giving the backs a huge push. Defensively they were in the backfield all night. Hopefully things are coming together as it should with the talent that is there. In a few more weeks all the injured players will be back too. Then we will have a number of positions where we can rest players by playing one way.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Love your enthusiasm, but your tiger glasses are fogged up. Ironton is a good team but even at full strength, they aren't the team to beat in this region. You keep going back to the burg game as a measuring stick. Ironton has yet played a four qtr game that would remotely look like a regional contender and they are half way through the season.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I believe Ironton wins out and sneaks in. Does that make them a contender or pretender? From what I've seen, the Tigers will benefit greatly from a weak 2nd half schedule. I'm not knocking that, just stating the facts in front of us. They very well could see Burg week 11 but, that would be serious trouble for the Tigers. Even at full strength, unless they start blocking better and not fumbling the ball 6 times a game, Ironton has big flaws.

Rest #22 the rest of the way. Ironton doesn't need him to beat anyone left on the schedule.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and burg destroyed Jackson. let's not be yanking that chain too hard at burg. if it happens we'll see.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

IBTT wrote:I for one believe if Ironton makes it into the playoffs they may just be the team to beat in our region. Burg ran out of town with a win that they earned but Ironton handed to them. Ironton was decimated by injuries in the Russell game. I believe as long as this team continues to work and clean up the penalties and turnovers they will give anyone a tough game. The line played much better this week. That's where it all starts, and this week they were giving the backs a huge push. Defensively they were in the backfield all night. Hopefully things are coming together as it should with the talent that is there. In a few more weeks all the injured players will be back too. Then we will have a number of positions where we can rest players by playing one way.
I don't know any other way to say this but you are a freaking idiot....You have talked smack for months and you still don't get it...You rolled over Ptown a team with a weak defense....Nothing, absolutely nothing is to be gained from the win....you know nothing about football and that's plainly obvious...I'd be willing to bet the Burg would beat Ironton by 4 tds if they played today..do all of ironton fans a favor and go back into hiding because you don't have a clue. You don't know talent and you darn sure don't know anything about team dynamics/

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

heard ITOWN HAS SOMe seRIous cONDITIONIng issues said 32 was gassed all night WOULdnt have made A FULL game agauin a good opponent . who should really feel bad about this game is the oVc these 2 teams are more then likely be 1 and 2 lol if nOt co cHAMPS

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I think Ironton wins out that still might not be enough to get them a playoff slot.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

IBTT wrote:I for one believe if Ironton makes it into the playoffs they may just be the team to beat in our region. Burg ran out of town with a win that they earned but Ironton handed to them. Ironton was decimated by injuries in the Russell game. I believe as long as this team continues to work and clean up the penalties and turnovers they will give anyone a tough game. The line played much better this week. That's where it all starts, and this week they were giving the backs a huge push. Defensively they were in the backfield all night. Hopefully things are coming together as it should with the talent that is there. In a few more weeks all the injured players will be back too. Then we will have a number of positions where we can rest players by playing one way.
:lol:

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:
I don't know any other way to say this but you are a freaking idiot....You have talked smack for months and you still don't get it...You rolled over Ptown a team with a weak defense....Nothing, absolutely nothing is to be gained from the win....you know nothing about football and that's plainly obvious...I'd be willing to bet the Burg would beat Ironton by 4 tds if they played today..do all of ironton fans a favor and go back into hiding because you don't have a clue. You don't know talent and you darn sure don't know anything about team dynamics/
Let me say this. Whoever you are, you must have an ego that is out of this world that makes you think that whoever you are rooting for is some awesome football team for some stretch of the imagination. In my book winning by four points in a game full of mistakes and penalties by your opposition doesn't make you a great team if you are claiming wheelersburg to be that awesome team. I would figure Valley will probably show them what I am talking about when they play. Ironton has had some major problems pushing the ball into the end zone in the last three games. Heck, during the Russell game more than half the starters were out of the game by the end of the first quarter. Since then Ironton has been down a number of starters and even this past Friday night they were still without a number of starters and Dez Young played with a stomach virus the whole game and still had 174 yards and 17 tackles. You might think you know football, but you sound like to me you might have came from South Point or maybe held a grudge against the fighting tigers because they must have smashed you in the mouth when you were in school. Hate to burst your bubble, but this Ironton team isn't the horrible team some of you wished for. They played tough competition and with a combination of very few players and injuries it has been a tough first four games. To the plus side, now coach Vass has given a lot of playing time to a number of young kids and if needed they know what to do to fill in. Tiger Town is ok guys. Sorry we let some of you haters down Friday.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

yes itown played a brutul scheduuu the first 4 games all of what they lost yes ironton will win out but nhaving to drop to the lowly ovc to get wins ironton has a grweat histyeery but the days of playing for state are long gone tiger now hang thar hat on winninh the ovc even bob couldnt fix this mess

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:
I agree here. Ironton FB is not dead. DEZ young was not gassed. He was making huge plays in the backfield of PHS offense until it was not needed. Yes, they took him out every other play, to grab some electrolytes. He has been going both ways in all games, which the FT HAVE BEEN IN THEM ALL. They were only down by 14 to Ashland @ HT & took it right down the field on them with long sustained drive, only to come up 1/8 yd to down out. After that they wee deflated & gave up the big run. PHS is by no means a measuring stick, but IHS D held them to --- yards rushing, let them pass @ will, keeping receivers in front of them, hence the long bomb success of PHS in first qrtr. After that, they shut'em down with QB Pressure. Another back DEZ young size got a TD run for 80.+ yards & will be added to backfield & Carrico ran for 170+, so new offensive threats discovered & will be used & perfected in ovc run.
When I posted : "PALLADINO WILL BE BACK" danger, I didn't mean we were going to run the region. I know, Burg has the best chance @ that. I'm just proud the FT's didn't give up & they easily could have. Two IHS coaches went up to the box & two came down. Coaching change was needed & it worked. New BACK's were needed to be used from the younger pool & that was finally done w/great success.
It will take a lot to run ovc, but they are up to it.
Possibly a playoff sneak in w/some help. That's burgs area. But looks like cold h20 awaits our regions winner! OUCH!!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

knightruner wrote:
tjhtygeverve wrote:

I really don't think anybody in the state who knows anything about football is much worried about Ironton cause if they do get into the play offs it will be one game only with or without Palladino. You must had been listening to Ironton radio cause there was no real domination in this game. Don't go on what you hear but what you see.
The thing is going by what you hear & not by what YOU saw is the smarter option in this case.
I was listening to two announcers with a birds eye view. You were in the stands without that view.
I could even hear PHS announcers in background also, so my listening was a definite advantage over your visuals!!!
Did you notice IHS began completely shutting down PHS right before HT on that 4th & goal with seconds ticking? Phs passed to the IHS 1-yd line with right under a minute to go & ended up downing out on the 5 yd line.
In second half IHS held PHS to negative rushing yards, was in the backfield the whole second qrtr pressuring QB & they shut him down too.

So, I'll go with the better team won & gains two new running backs to this solid ground game.
So, I'll take what I heard from guys with the best view of the field over your view, in the stands, EVERYTIME!
I'm not implying in anyway IHS is going to make a deep run. They will do well in the ovc run, & I'd take that with an 0-4 start, with their first dominating ovc victory!!!

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

lol id be worried if i was basing my thoughts about tnhe am e o n what you ...hear....esp when you was in the booth with tne same veiw :shock:

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

bottem,line is ironton beat a team thats not good at all new coach no play nmakers no speed no size and still was up only 8 going into rge 4th period like i said dont say much for ovc when these 2 are fron t run n ers for a trophy or t shirt what ever they give you lol

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I would say Ironton has as much a chance as anyone else in this region. Had Ironton not dropped that punt or fumbled deep in burg territory and scored and happened to beat burg and now been 2-3 and Burg been 4-1 would that have changed anything. It might have given Ironton more points for sure in our computer rankings, but if Ironton gets back to playing Wheelersburg a second time who do you think will walk into the game scared? By that time Ironton should be completely healthy. Something they haven't been since the burg game. Also, Ironton will too be much more experienced.

Return to “Football”