Week 5 : (2-2) Portsmouth @ (0-4) Ironton

Burg93
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5 : (2-2) Portsmouth @ (0-4) Ironton

Post by Burg93 »

Pasteur has Ironton by 14. That looks good to me, more than 14 if Ironton's D steps up.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

heard #22 is out for 4 weeks , someone has got to step up if 32 and 30 is gonna be the bulk of this offense

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

FalconFan wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:IRONTON'S OPPONENTS TO DATE ARE 16-4 INCLUDING PORTSMOUTH
PORTSMOUTH'S OPPONENTS TO DATE INCLUDING IRONTON ARE 9-11

PORTSMOUTH IS SCORING 12 POINTS A GAME---WHILE IRONTON IS SCORING 9 POINTS A GAME
PORTSMOUTH'S OPPONENTS HAVE SCORED 99 POINTS ON THE TROJANS
IRONTON'S OPPONENTS HAVE SCORED 108 POINTS ON THE FIGHTING TIGERS

ALL OF THE COMBINED RECORDS OF THE OPPONENTS THAT IRONTON WILL FACE THIS SEASON ARE 24-16. ----WHILE PORTSMOUTH'S OPPONENTS ARE 20-20

so you could not really get any closer than these 2 teams are stat wise right now.these 2 programs are not used to this lack of success, and will either get better , or left behind. but it is after all IRONTON/PORTSMOUTH WEEK, and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.
That is nice but it doesn't matter what your opponents record is if you haven't won any games. Here is something to think about. Portsmouth is undefeated this year in games that they have scored 1 point or more. :mrgreen:

Calpreps has it close
[2015] Ironton (OH) 20, [2015] Portsmouth (OH) 19

If Portsmouth wins this game, I believe they will win the OVC and finish 7-3 maybe 8-2 if they can beat Waverly and head to the playoffs
This guy read my mind. That's crazy to think about considering Portsmouth is so weak.
Why exactly do you take every chance you can get to dog Portsmouth?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Bait, it's no wonder why you have 27k+ post. U have posted more on this thread than most people have on the football forum! Lol

grad I've been around here since jan. 2005. I love to talk football with friends. and I've met some amazing people here. I'd have 200,000 posts if my posts were not so lengthy. it's something I never pay attention to . I'm generally on here at some point every day.and I'm passionate about high school football and my fighting tigers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

zebra77 wrote:Ever noticed Ole' Bait initiates a lot of these topics.
WHATCHA TRYIN TO SAY OLE BUDDY. :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
zebra77 wrote:Ever noticed Ole' Bait initiates a lot of these topics.
WHATCHA TRYIN TO SAY OLE BUDDY. :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46[/quote

they aint seen RH week , I predict a record LOL post away lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THIS IS IN REPLY TO OLEBLUE'S POST.

IF YOU'RE TALKIN TO ME HOSS. I AIN'T DOGGIN ANYBODY. I LOVE THE IRONTON/PORTSMOUTH SERIES. I POSTED SOME STUFF FROM JOE EITEL. I'VE NOT SAID ANYTHING DERROGATOTY. AND CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME. I SEE THIS GAME AS DEAD EVEN AND THE STATS I PROVIDED PROVED IT. -------------IF YOU'RE GONNA STIR THE POT. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO LICK THE SPOON.

julyvuiton
Waterboy

Post by julyvuiton »

Ironton by 3 scores or more

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Easy Bait, don't think he was talking bout you plus come on you are way past your fighting prime :-D

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Old Blue was talking to me. Obviously very clueless if he thinks I'm bashing Portsmouth every chance I get. Portsmouth hasn't been relevant since 2007 but have been loaded with athletes and great players. And now this year, sorry but the talent has slacked off in a big way.

Only making the statement that its a shame the Trojans are so down because they've had talent in recent years to completely roll anyone in the OVC minus Ironton. Now, it won't be so easy. Hopefully more speedsters and bigger kids are coming up.

I've been watching the Trojans since the mid 90's. I'll stand by any comments that may be taken as bashing.

No, the program has been bad for years. I'm very hopeful the new coach turns it around. Hey, 2-2 is better than 0-4 like the past couple years. With a weak region to boot, Portsmouth can get in especially if they beat the Tigers.

It's also interesting to me that with both Ironton and Portsmouth struggling this year, this game still has major implications on the region. Some things never change.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Bait, it's no wonder why you have 27k+ post. U have posted more on this thread than most people have on the football forum! Lol
It is quite amazing how much this guy has to say. He needs to start a weekly thread call "Dr. Bait"

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

From Drew Pasteur
Portsmouth Playoff % and seed based off wins. Win or lose this week, they still have a good chance (89%) with 7 wins
(based on number of wins)
4W: no playoff berth
5W: 9.29 (6.64-12.96), 1% in, not home, proj. out
6W: 11.88 (9.23-15.10), 13% in, 1% home, proj. out (#4-out)
7W: 14.38 (12.33-17.03), 89% in, 3% home, proj. #7 (#2-out)
8W: 16.82 (15.44-18.50), 100% in, 41% home, proj. #5 (#2-#8)

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
It is quite amazing how much this guy has to say. He needs to start a weekly thread call "Dr. Bait"
I like YTB. He is always friendly and calls it the way he sees it. He makes this site a better place. I consider him one of the good guys.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
I like YTB. He is always friendly and calls it the way he sees it. He makes this site a better place. I consider him one of the good guys.
Wow. Easily offended? Sorry. I was being serious. Dude's been around for a while and could probably shed some light on things that happen week to week. He's fun to stir up but he always remains classy.

weasel
Waterboy

Post by weasel »

If Ironton pulls off a miracle and wins, will the coaching staff be given the credit?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

WarDaddy wrote:If Ironton pulls off a miracle and wins, will the coaching staff be given the credit?
:lol: Of course they will.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

And they will be considered world beaters by the Itown faithful.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Phunk Dat! They've had 3 opportunities to claim the glory of a victory this season. Even though they didn't stand a chance against Ashland, I don't get how they hold that back/back one year & not the next. There were enough starters back & the defense had proved themselves worthy with extremely close games against Burg, Russell,?& Beechwood. With that in mind, the coaching staff should have already succeeded.
Unless, the coaches deliver a new twist on something & trust in some younger players getting their hands on the ball if needed, they don't deserve the credit.
Why?
Because the players have to know its up to them @ this point. If the coaches are delivering the same scheme, what would motivate the players, besides themselves, knowing the talent is there & they can do it?
As far as'DINO, the team just needs to pretend he's gone, regardless of a dueback date. I wish him well/ healthy recovery, whatever is truthfully going on, but the team is @ midpoint in the season, & there's players listed as BACK's the coaches can start using to find the next standout back. If they'd just have some instinct & use them, it will change the season. They COULD roll in the OVC & I've studied each team in the region above them & 1. There's enough points in the OVC to slip in @6,7,&8th. 2. The region is so weak, besides the top 3teams rolling now, enough upsets can occur to put them in!!
One play @ a time, even in spite of the scenario I just posted.

If you search other threads about 'Dino & what others have asked, you'll get an idea Of a more complex issue of what's going on!!!
GOTIGERSGO !
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
WarDaddy wrote:If Ironton pulls off a miracle and wins, will the coaching staff be given the credit?
:lol: Of course they will.
r u and cannon drinking same koolaid ??? :122245

tigers gonna roll with points in this game 40's may get into 50's from point starvation!!!!!!!

looks like this game is getting played in the RAIN!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

FalconFan wrote:Old Blue was talking to me. Obviously very clueless if he thinks I'm bashing Portsmouth every chance I get. Portsmouth hasn't been relevant since 2007 but have been loaded with athletes and great players. And now this year, sorry but the talent has slacked off in a big way.

Only making the statement that its a shame the Trojans are so down because they've had talent in recent years to completely roll anyone in the OVC minus Ironton. Now, it won't be so easy. Hopefully more speedsters and bigger kids are coming up.

I've been watching the Trojans since the mid 90's. I'll stand by any comments that may be taken as bashing.

No, the program has been bad for years. I'm very hopeful the new coach turns it around. Hey, 2-2 is better than 0-4 like the past couple years. With a weak region to boot, Portsmouth can get in especially if they beat the Tigers.

It's also interesting to me that with both Ironton and Portsmouth struggling this year, this game still has major implications on the region. Some things never change.

okay my bad, I'm man enough to apologize-- my post was within that comment so I misunderstood. let's face it every year. if you've been around here long enough somehow year after year somebody tries baiting me into arguments and just dogs everything I say.i ain't whining, I'm a big boy.but I truly love all the southeastern ohio teams. I like to talk football. and in the past may have bragged to much about the tiger's past success.that's not me anymore. I'm a man of god, and try to get along with everybody.i'll talk football with anybody. but I'm truly not trying to offend anybody. I truly hope the ovc across the board gets solid, where anybody can beat anybody on a given night. and 2/3 of em make the playoffs.

Return to “Football”